The Emblem Brigade

Latest Shouts In The Shoutbox -- View The Shoutbox · Rules -  

Pages: (32) « First ... 30 31 32  ( Go to first unread post ) Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> City of Perfection (IC), Where the flawed do not exist.
Shamison
 Posted: Aug 6 2014, 11:30 AM
Quote Post

Vanguard
Group Icon

Group: Summoner
Gold: 475,222
Member Inventory: View

Donate
Member No.: 460

Awards: 5

Ryter put away his weapons and prepared to leave. I am not going first again. So he waited until everyone else started leaving.

--------------------

ABUSED FOR SELLING COOKIES!
PMEmail Poster
^
 Posted: Aug 6 2014, 01:46 PM
Quote Post

Nodney the Great
Group Icon

Group: WE ARE LEGION
Gold: 3,000

Donate
Member No.: 223

Awards: 2

Wick stopped his attack right as he was to pierce Vibgyor's chest.
"Yeah, yeah, you're right..." he stood and sheathed his spear, and presented his hand to Vibgyor.
"Sorry about that...I can get carried away sometimes..."
((Will edit here depending on whether Vibgyor shakes Wick's hand or not...))
Wick returned to the fortress, laid down, and attempted to drift into sleep. Yet he was still wide awake, even after 3 battles on the same day.
GREAT! Insomnia, just what I need! huff...might as well make myself useful then...
Wick returned to his chair, where the strangest thing occured, he found paper, a clipboard, and a pencil. but...the technician hasn't even acknowledged my request, let alone had the time to get this for me... weird... Although it confounded Wick, he did not question it. He had what he wanted, no need to screw it up. So Wick sat down and began to come up with some training exercises for Ryter. This took around an hour to do and yet, when he finished, he still had the feeling of insomnia that he just couldn't shake... so he decided to sketch some designs for his armor. He already had a plate on his front and backsides, and some leg and arm guards, but that would not do. He needed better armor, a helm and gauntlets. He also needed to work on maintenance for his spear, something he'd neglected to do for some time. He got to work on the design process spending nearly 2 hours on it, but when he stopped he was satisfied.
user posted image

With his plans in place, he removed the 21 scraps of metal he had in his satchel. While he took them out, one by one, he decided he start with the helm and mask to begin with. He heated up the metal until they were malleable, and began to work them as if they were clay. He kneaded them, pounded them, and work them into shape only stopping to reheat them when they became harder to mold. Worked slow and meticulously, taking extra care in shaping them, not making it too thick or too thin and making sure it was even all around. Spending 3 hours on this Wick felt even more awake than he did before, if that's even possible. When he finally finished, he stepped back to take in the majesty of his creation. It was far grander than he had imagined it to be. But he was not yet finished, there was still the eye holes, breathing holes, and detail work to see to. This took him another half hour, most of it was spent looking outside for plants to make red paint. He put the finishing touches on it and, again, reveled in it's glory. The helm and mask are, at the base, a shiny grey with a hint of blue. With the paint the mask's accents, ((the black parts, except for the eye and breathing holes,)) are red, while the bottom section, ((the area where the breathing holes are located,)) is a vibrant violet. He then performed a couple Prayers of Protection on it to add divinity to his creation.
((the 'prayers' are magical rituals performed to ward off evil spirits, cast out demons, call upon the Gods etc. passed down by those who lived in the Cathedral in the past, Wick is among those people one of the last. The two he performs in particular are the Prayer of Hellfire and the Prayer of Divine Protection. The first grants resistance to fire, while the second makes the helm nearly indestructible. These are NOT permanent, they last for only 24 hours, Wick can renew them once a day, but if he fails too he can not perform another for a 3 days. They can be nullified if one of the the following occurs;
1. Wick becomes too weak/dies.
2. Wick does not renew them before they expire.
3. Someone else puts the helm on.
or
4.If ANY mana based attack/spell/enchantment that can dispell/disrupt/destroy other mana based attacks/spells/enchantment is used on it.

P.s. to Lancer:
I had planned on Wick having some sort of religious practice that was, without him realizing, based on mana/magic. I didn't know if there was to be magic in this Rp or not, so I hesitated to put it. But when the Templar guy used mana for one of his attacks, I decided to add this. However, recently I haven't had any access to the Internet save for the time I can make it to Starbucks, so I haven't been able to update my post. So, if this is ok then I'll add it to my original post, but if it isn't I'll remove it. I would really like to have this, but I am more than willing to add/remove ANYTHING from it if you want me to Lancer. I should probably wrap this up though...))

With his work finished, Wick finally began to feel himself becoming drowsy, he gave in to the heaviness that was his exhaustion, and fell asleep in his chair, wearing all his armor including his newly crafted helm...

((I stand corrected THIS is by far my longest post... aww my fingers!))

--------------------
PMEmail Poster
^
bblues
 Posted: Aug 6 2014, 03:05 PM
Quote Post

@( -_-)==@)`.')
Group Icon

Group: Adorably Active Admin
Gold: 1,050

Donate
Member No.: 45

Awards: 6

Elize felt waves of power surge through her as she absorbed the genes, and she flashed a little grin at the others. 'Alright, let's get moving!' She practically bounced as she spoke, heading towards the exit.

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
 Posted: Aug 9 2014, 05:45 PM
Quote Post

Nodney the Great
Group Icon

Group: WE ARE LEGION
Gold: 3,000

Donate
Member No.: 223

Awards: 2

Wick awoke to find everyone ready to go. But he wasn't, he still had the gauntlets to make.
Wick headed outside to the giant corpse, and collected more metal scraps, about 15, but this time he collected some of its chain mail. Once inside, he created the gauntlets through the same process as with the helm. Once the gauntlets were formed, he took the few pieces of chain he could fit and began to 'shrink' them; he turned one link into 4 smaller links. Once he finished this he began the process of linking them together into chainmail. He split it into two sheets, and secured them inside the gauntlets. He performed the same two prayers on the gauntlets, then put them on.
"Well, I'm ready to go... but this time we should head out together, practicing caution as we go..."
Thank you Captain Obvious! Why the hell do I say these things?
Wick headed outside as he mentally facepalmed.

He looked to the corpse of the giant, as he has many times, but this time he felt something. That's when he remembered something he felt at the end of the battle; as the giant fell Wick had caught a glimpse of its eyes... Those eyes, they were full of pure terror. Not of his allies, it most likely saw them as insects, no it was almost as if it feared itself... Upon remembering this Wick had a startling thought: ...perhaps, the Red Cardinal is purifying the corrupted, and turning the pure into monsters...
Although it was nothing but a thought, he knew what he had felt then...and now. So, to honor the giant's life before he came to the service of the Vatican, he cremated the corpse and prayed for its soul to find its way.

Wick had almost forgotten that he had made the helm the day before. He reapplied both Prayers, and put the helm back on.

((Why you guys no sleep? You can't head directly from one battle to the next without resting...))

--------------------
PMEmail Poster
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic OptionsPages: (32) « First ... 30 31 32  Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll