The Emblem Brigade

Latest Shouts In The Shoutbox -- View The Shoutbox · Rules -  

Pages: (67) « First ... 65 66 67  ( Go to first unread post ) Reply to this topicStart new topic

> Runefire, Kindled by blood and Fear.
 Posted: Aug 27 2013, 02:33 PM
Quote Post

And the system is in ruins...
Group Icon

Group: Awakened Veteran
Gold: 0
Member Inventory: View

Donate
Member No.: 176

Awards: 7

Kayra became aware of Nattaly aiming at Malin and Ivan being hurt at the same time. Thinking quickly, she turned away from Malin to Recht, holding up her Runed hand and concentrating. She cast a veil of light in front of the general's eyes, not strong enough to damage him permanently; she didn't have time for that, but it would disorient him at the very least. Malin charged at her as she did this, the light around him fading, but Nattaly's arrow caught him the side. Kayra whirled again as he staggered back and struck him again with her white burning weapon. He screamed again, and Kayra's stomach turned as she smelled burning flesh. She flicked light at his face and dove for a dagger at his belt, unwilling to continue using whatever new power of her Rune she had discovered. She slipped the blade out of it's scabbard and whirled away from him as his blade swung over head. She refracted all light away from herself, using the same technique she had implemented more than six months ago at the mission at the Telaerian jail. Malin looked around, confused, until blood spurted from his throat and Kayra re-materialized in front of him and cast away the blood stained dagger, feeling sick. The general fell, and she knelt and took his back up weapon, a plain shortsword. A smaller blade was what she was most practiced with, and she wasn't sure how well she would be able to wield his greatsword.

Raeth, now surrounded by a swarm of spectral companions, stalked towards Dias. The demonic general looked at him curiously. "You would have our final dual be here, of all places?" The Silver Knife asked. "This is the one place you have no hope of defeating me."
"What you don't realize is that YLqυs and the spirit world are connected. Where your magic is strengthened, my friends gain power." Raeth smiled grimly. "In a way, we draw from the same power. But mine is Sacred. Your's is profane. Now it's time to see what force is stronger." Dias sneered and said nothing, simply choosing to make a straightforward lunge with his rapier.
Raeth knew the man was too skilled to make such a clumsy move with such an obvious intent, so he flicked his sword high even though the blade was aimed at his chest, and smoothly deflected the feint, his movement flowing into an overheard strike that nearly split Dias' head if the demon lord hadn't sidestepped, making another thrust and forcing the Runebearer to back away. He stepped forward as Dias struck again, slapping aside the blade and made an intentional copy of Dias' opening attack, lunging for his enemy's chest. Naturally, Dias brought his blade high to parry, but that was exactly what Raeth wanted. As their swords locked, he twisted his wrist and pushed forward, and the rapier clattered to the ground. This was a silent signal to cast away restrictions. To this point, Raeth had held back his ghosts and Dias had not flung any magicks. By disarming him, Raeth told him there was no holding back now.

--------------------
user posted image
user posted image

user posted image

QUOTE (Duchess of Freege @ Nov 27 2012, 11:47 AM)
Indeed. In the realm of cookies, Vansalon reigns supreme.

QUOTE (Sqawl)
YOUTUUUUBE! WHAT HAST THOU WROUGHT?!

QUOTE (Kiroshima @ Dec 24 2012, 03:28 PM)
And suddenly, nothing happened.

"Eternal twilight would be hell, in both senses of the phrase."

I'LL TAKE THE TRIFORCE OF DINNER TO PROTECT ME

QUOTE (Sqawl)
IT'S VANCE-UEL L. JACKSON!

QUOTE (Sqawl)
What Karida doesn't know is that Kiro will probably be like "YOU ARE CORRECT, MISS KARIDA: FOR YOUR INFORMATION, A HEALER OF THE TEMPLAR CLASS EXISTS AT POSITION X 21 Y 14. I PREDICT HE WILL ARRIVE IN APPROXIMATELY EIGHT TURNS"

QUOTE (Kiroshima)
;p;

QUOTE (Flame Emblem)
You exist to troll me into defeat. That is your purpose in life.

QUOTE (Sqawl)
come back when you're a little
MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM(kaylee)
RICHARD

QUOTE (Sqawl)
Vancuel L. Jackson has HAD IT WITH THIS MOTHAFUCKIN' AMBIGUITY IN THIS MOTHAFUCKIN' ROLEPLAY

QUOTE (Connagh Doohan)
It's like your on the road to being a goth and you're mostly there, but are perpetuallly stopped at an Ice Cream Parlour or something

QUOTE (Sqawl)
Ghandi is trying to learn "Nuclear Hellfire". But, Ghandi can only know four moves.
Delete "Peace" for "Nuclear Hellfire"?

QUOTE (Flame Emblem)
IGNORANCE IS BLISS AND HE WAS A SPECIAL WALL

lolskypeconvos

[8:09:06 PM] THE ASIAN TRUTH A.K.A JIMMEEEHHH: (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━
[8:09:17 PM] Sqawl: ┬─┬◡ノ(° -°ノ)
[8:09:22 PM] THE ASIAN TRUTH A.K.A JIMMEEEHHH: FFFFFFF
[8:09user posted image5 PM] THE ASIAN TRUTH A.K.A JIMMEEEHHH: (Vಠ益ಠ)>彡┻━
[8:09:46 PM] Sqawl: ┬─┬◡ノ(° -°ノ)
[8:10:02 PM] THE ASIAN TRUTH A.K.A JIMMEEEHHH: (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━彡┻━
[8:10:19 PM | Edited 8:10user posted image3 PM] Sqawl: ┬─┬◡ノ(° -°)\◡┬─┬
[8:10:28 PM] THE ASIAN TRUTH A.K.A JIMMEEEHHH: GRAHHHH
[8:10:29 PM] THE ASIAN TRUTH A.K.A JIMMEEEHHH: (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻
[8:10:51 PM] Sqawl: ┬─┬◡ノ(° -°ノ)
(╯°□°)╯≡≡≡≡≡≡┴┴*(,`~,)┐
[8:10:54 PM] THE ASIAN TRUTH A.K.A JIMMEEEHHH: (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━ ┻
[8:10:57 PM] THE ASIAN TRUTH A.K.A JIMMEEEHHH: IT BROKE

[30:55 PM | Edited 3user posted image1:00 PM] The entire population of America (Flame Emblem): Chromx"Marth"
[31:01 PM] Vansalon: ...lolol
[31:01 PM] Yash: LOL
[31:03 PM] Aura: No comment
[31:08 PM] Yash: you'll understand later

[3user posted image8:57 PM] The entire population of America (Flame Emblem): Emmeryn is unintroduced
[3user posted image9:05 PM] Cevian: I hope you don't fall for her though.

[10:15:05 AM] Sqawl: DAWN OF THE SECOND DAY.
[10:15:19 AM] Vansalon: xD
[10:15:26 AM] Vansalon: ||||||
[10:15:29 AM] The entire population of America: xD
[10:15user posted image9 AM] Sqawl: DOHOHO.
[10:15:47 AM] Vansalon: I don't care that it's not the fourth day; I'm making that reference.

[5:59user posted image3 PM] Yash: I like crap sometimes

[7:09:54 PM] Flame Emblem: I'm surrounded by idio- *shot*
[7:24:17 PM] Aura: Maybe you should stop multiply-- *Stabbed*

Yesterday,

I watched three men die because one man sneezed in a room full of blood and shit and light.

Today,

three more men go in, cheap mops and each other's lives in their hands.

Yesterday,

I watched a man I admired gunned down for leaving a rose for a girl whose life was tattered by trauma she never deserved.

Today,

she doesn't remember, and three halls down I can hear her screaming.

Yesterday,

I watched a group of soldiers go down fighting against the corpses of comrades who'd died before them.

Today,

we test another sample, this time on children.

Yesterday,

I watched five men and women gunned down in an abandoned factory no one cares about.

Today,

it happens again and again. Every eleven seconds. Forever.

Yesterday,

I watched a man sit comfortably in a nice armchair, sipping scotch and laughing as he ordered a woman to simply stop breathing.

Today,

he gets the day off of work detail for good behavior.

Yesterday,

I watched hundreds of men and women in orange jumpsuits herded like animals into empty rooms that filled with gas and fire.

Today,

hundreds more are told they have a chance for a lighter sentence, and a chance to serve their country.

Yesterday,

I watched the world nearly die in a thousand thousand terrible ways. Sometimes we would have had time to scream.

Today,

I'm alive to write about it. You want happy endings? Fuck you.

You're alive to read it.

God help us all.

Cookie if you know where that's from user posted image

Hey, this guide is now a thing. Check it out if you're interested in Roleplaying.

[12:45:45 PM] Firefly Vansalon: btw guys
saying this in advance because it's relevant to planning RP things

I'm going to be out of state June 14-July 18. I officially have a job/internship thing/whatever you want to call it at the Lutheran Camp on mt. Petit Jean, so I'm leaving for there a day before the first week of camp starts (pretty sure I go a day early, anyway).
[12:46:06 PM] Firefly Vansalon: I'll have my phone, of course, but I'll never get a chance to be on except MAYBE sunday nights.
[12:474 PM] Firefly Vansalon: Monday-friday I'll be busy with the actual camp proceedings, saturday I'll be busy cleaning up (along with all the other staff) and sunday morning we'll be starting preperations for the next group.
PM
^
bblues
 Posted: Aug 27 2013, 05:31 PM
Quote Post

@( -_-)==@)`.')
Group Icon

Group: Adorably Active Admin
Gold: 1,050

Donate
Member No.: 45

Awards: 6

Terrence glanced over the fighting briefly. The only ones who weren't involved in any sort of conflict were Hugo, the combination of Alek and Alarin, and Maya, who appeared to be backing away from just about everything. While he wanted to wipe the smirk off Alek's face, Terrence wasn't willing to try and take on the unknown quantity that was Alarin at the same time, especially if he was going to have to form more projections to deal with that rune. Besides, he might be our only way out of here, and I'd rather not jeopardize that. Maya was too far away, and even then, she was trying to disappear, not fight. That left only one other option. Hugo it is.

He drew his dagger, and approached the man. ''Looks like you've misplaced your faith as badly as the rest of us.'' He smiled and shook his head, before his expression darkened and grew serious, as he stared right at Hugo. ''But if you're just going to kneel to those demons and forsake the future, then you're a lost cause.'' The last part was said almost dismissively, as Terrence raised his sword at the Telaerian, his face emotionless. ''Face me.''

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
 Posted: Aug 27 2013, 05:37 PM
Quote Post

Group Icon

Donate

Hugo growled. "It is either follow this demon or die here in this god forsaken hole. There is no decision to make here!" He drew his bastard sword, a long and unadorned blade that shimmered slightly like heat waves, and raised his kite shield. "If I do not end you, Terror will. You know that you cannot face a foe of his strength."

--------------------
user posted image
user posted image

user posted image

QUOTE (Sqawl)

QUOTE (Sqawl)

QUOTE (Sqawl)
What Karida doesn't know is that Kiro will probably be like "YOU ARE CORRECT, MISS KARIDA: FOR YOUR INFORMATION, A HEALER OF THE TEMPLAR CLASS EXISTS AT POSITION X 21 Y 14. I PREDICT HE WILL ARRIVE IN APPROXIMATELY EIGHT TURNS"

QUOTE (Kiroshima)
;p;

QUOTE (Flame Emblem)

QUOTE (Sqawl)
RICHARD

QUOTE (Sqawl)
Vancuel L. Jackson has HAD IT WITH THIS MOTHAFUCKIN' AMBIGUITY IN THIS MOTHAFUCKIN' ROLEPLAY

QUOTE (Connagh Doohan)
It's like your on the road to being a goth and you're mostly there, but are perpetuallly stopped at an Ice Cream Parlour or something

QUOTE (Sqawl)
Ghandi is trying to learn "Nuclear Hellfire". But, Ghandi can only know four moves.

QUOTE (Flame Emblem)

lolskypeconvos

(╯°□°)╯≡≡≡≡≡≡┴┴*(,`~,)┐

[30:55 PM | Edited 3user posted image1:00 PM] The entire population of America (Flame Emblem): Chromx"Marth"

[3user posted image8:57 PM] The entire population of America (Flame Emblem): Emmeryn is unintroduced

[10:15:47 AM] Vansalon: I don't care that it's not the fourth day; I'm making that reference.

Yesterday,

I watched three men die because one man sneezed in a room full of blood and shit and light.

Today,

Yesterday,

I watched a man I admired gunned down for leaving a rose for a girl whose life was tattered by trauma she never deserved.

Today,

Yesterday,

I watched a group of soldiers go down fighting against the corpses of comrades who'd died before them.

Today,

Yesterday,

I watched five men and women gunned down in an abandoned factory no one cares about.

Today,

Yesterday,

I watched a man sit comfortably in a nice armchair, sipping scotch and laughing as he ordered a woman to simply stop breathing.

Today,

Yesterday,

I watched hundreds of men and women in orange jumpsuits herded like animals into empty rooms that filled with gas and fire.

Today,

hundreds more are told they have a chance for a lighter sentence, and a chance to serve their country.

Yesterday,

I watched the world nearly die in a thousand thousand terrible ways. Sometimes we would have had time to scream.

Today,

You're alive to read it.

God help us all.

Hey, this guide is now a thing. Check it out if you're interested in Roleplaying.

I'm going to be out of state June 14-July 18. I officially have a job/internship thing/whatever you want to call it at the Lutheran Camp on mt. Petit Jean, so I'm leaving for there a day before the first week of camp starts (pretty sure I go a day early, anyway).
[12:46:06 PM] Firefly Vansalon: I'll have my phone, of course, but I'll never get a chance to be on except MAYBE sunday nights.
[12:474 PM] Firefly Vansalon: Monday-friday I'll be busy with the actual camp proceedings, saturday I'll be busy cleaning up (along with all the other staff) and sunday morning we'll be starting preperations for the next group.
PM
^
bblues
 Posted: Aug 27 2013, 06:08 PM
Quote Post

@( -_-)==@)`.')
Group Icon

Group: Adorably Active Admin
Gold: 1,050

Donate
Member No.: 45

''Maybe not,'' Terrence inched forward, wary of the reach of his foe's blade. ''But try we must.'' He studied Hugo for any signs of a weak point on him. Dammit, his armour's pretty comprehensive. If I can get in close, then his sword will be at disadvantage, but I've got to reduce that gap first. He made to rush in, but only took the first few steps into range to try and prompt an attack from Hugo that would be avoidable.

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
 Posted: Sep 7 2013, 05:57 PM
Quote Post

Group Icon

Donate

Instead of taking Terrence's bait and striking, Hugo raised his shield to defend against the attack, seeking to test his foe's style. Then he stepped in as his foe stopped, using his shield as a wall to advance from behind so that he could fight at the distance that was most advantageous.

Dias leaped backwards as his sword fell to the ground, narrowly avoiding a follow up stab from Raeth's own blade. He cursed under his breath for falling for the trick. Raising a hand, he murmured an incantation as red light gathered around him, answering his call. He was about to fling the energy at his opponent, but a ghost suddenly glided toward him inhumanly fast and almost buried an axe in his chest. He was forced to dispel the spectre with the gathered energy, but only barely sidestepped the next ghost. Three more advanced towards him while Raeth calmly picked up his rapier off the ground. Looking at a ghost standing at his right side, an aging man in Telaerian armor, he tossed the blade to him. The old soldier smiled grimly and joined the charge against the demon lord. Ghostly weapons sung silently through the air all around Dias as he ducked, whirled, and weaved his way through them, tossing magick whenever he had a half second respite. He was so far unwounded, but it wouldn't last if he allowed himself to be continually swarmed. Yelling an incomprehensible sentence, he unleashed a wave of power around him that blew back most of the spectres. Except for one.
Victor Honsith III, holding Dias' own sword, stepped forward calmly. "I recognize you." The demon lord said. "You were an officer executed for treason."
"Indeed." The ghost said simply."And to this day I regret nothing. The Father has decreed that I walk this earth again, and so our paths have crossed once again. As Raeth said, I gain as much power as you do here. Whether or not that means that I am your equal, I do not know. But I must fight. For my country, and for all this world." With nothing more to say, the ghost charged.

Kayra was slightly more comfortable now with a physical sword in hand. She avoided looking at Malin's fallen body as she ran towards Recht, who seemed to still be dazed from the light she threw in his eyes. Seeking only to draw his attention away from Ivan, she leaped towards him, swinging her sword in an overhead arc and casting light onto it, causing it to glow as brightly as her old one.

Rain paced back and forth in a slow line as Terror did the same on the other side of the wall of fire. She wasn't sure what to do now, and was mostly waiting for him to make the next move. She called a fireball to her hand, just to be ready, but in doing so her concentration on the wall slipped, and it fell. In that exact instant, the demonic emperor charged. His sword flashed, cutting a gash in her shoulder before she could react. Instinctively, she cried out, and a wave of fire erupted from her body, causing Terror's mortal form to stagger. He recovered faster than her, however, and slapped her with a gloved hand, and then shoved her to the floor. As she realized she had lost, her flames when out quickly and silently, and her Rune smoldered uselessly as Terror raised his sword.
But he did not strike. Instead, he lowered his blade, sheathing it, and extended the same hand he had slapped her with. "Come with me."
Bemused, Rain took his hand, and he pulled her to her feet. Neither of them saying anything, the odd pair glowed red, and Terror looked at Dias, who seemed to be holding his own against the ghosts. "Finish them off. I have more important matters to attend to." Dias did not register that he heard his lord, but Terror knew that he did, and would do that regardless of being told. Then the Runebearer and the Cataclysmic Spirit of Terror vanished abruptly.

--------------------
user posted image
user posted image

user posted image

QUOTE (Sqawl)

QUOTE (Sqawl)

QUOTE (Sqawl)

QUOTE (Kiroshima)
;p;

QUOTE (Flame Emblem)

QUOTE (Sqawl)
RICHARD

QUOTE (Sqawl)

QUOTE (Connagh Doohan)

QUOTE (Sqawl)

QUOTE (Flame Emblem)

lolskypeconvos

(╯°□°)╯≡≡≡≡≡≡┴┴*(,`~,)┐

Yesterday,

Today,

Yesterday,

Today,

Yesterday,

Today,

Yesterday,

Today,

Yesterday,

Today,

Yesterday,

Today,

Yesterday,

Today,

You're alive to read it.

God help us all.

PM
^
Sqawl
 Posted: Sep 8 2013, 05:43 PM
Quote Post

Group Icon

Group: Sqawly Veteran
Gold: 100

Donate
Member No.: 180

Blinded for a moment by the light Kayra had cast in front of him as well as her fiercely-shining sword, Recht instinctively raised his sword to block Kayra's. However, he couldn't have anticipated Ivan's sword slamming into his side, which caused him to cry out before bringing his sword arm down again in a hold around Ivan. The general punched Ivan in the forehead with his off hand before letting go of him and staggering back. Both of the fighters seemed equally dazed by each others' strikes.

After what seemed like an eternity of not being able to do anything, Nattaly noticed another arrow forming itself on the illusion-bow she held. Without hesitation, she aimed it at Hugo's collar and fired: it surely wouldn't get through the general's extensive armor, but it might distract him enough for Terrence to get in close.

--------------------
PM
^
 Posted: Sep 8 2013, 08:53 PM
Quote Post

Group Icon

Donate

Taking the opportunity, Kayra recklessly dived towards Recht, aiming her blade at a chink in the general's armor around his side. It was a dangerous move, but she hoped that the light from her sword would keep her already dazed foe from stopping her.

The arrow bounced off Hugo's armor, but it did cause him to shoot Nattaly a quick glance.

--------------------
user posted image
user posted image

user posted image

QUOTE (Sqawl)

QUOTE (Sqawl)

QUOTE (Sqawl)

QUOTE (Kiroshima)
;p;

QUOTE (Flame Emblem)

QUOTE (Sqawl)
RICHARD

QUOTE (Sqawl)

QUOTE (Connagh Doohan)

QUOTE (Sqawl)

QUOTE (Flame Emblem)

lolskypeconvos

(╯°□°)╯≡≡≡≡≡≡┴┴*(,`~,)┐

Yesterday,

Today,

Yesterday,

Today,

Yesterday,

Today,

Yesterday,

Today,

Yesterday,

Today,

Yesterday,

Today,

Yesterday,

Today,

You're alive to read it.

God help us all.

PM
^
Cevian
 Posted: Sep 10 2013, 09:50 PM
Quote Post

El Psy Kongroo
Group Icon

Group: Supergeneric

Donate
Member No.: 271

Awards: None

Pyra watched as Rain, who she had rescued, continued to fight with the possessed Emperor. The fight was so fast and full of flame that it was hard for her to jump in, and it was all over in an instant where she almost jumped in before both Rain and the Lord of Terror disappeared. She turned towards the demons that were left behind and began to fire lasers at them.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Maya jumped a bit as the flame almost hit her, getting low to the ground to minimize her targetable open surface area. Jeez. At least if they hadn't outed me so quickly I would be able to do this and hopefully avoid being a secondary target.
PMEmail Poster
^
Sqawl
 Posted: Sep 10 2013, 11:13 PM
Quote Post

Group Icon

Donate

Recht gasped as Kayra's sword caught itself in his armor, and he quickly stepped back to prevent it from completely stabbing into him. He took another step back and paced idly in front of Ivan and Kayra, saying something too quiet for either of them to hear.
Ivan seized the opportunity to attack by rushing Recht: evidently, fighting on the defensive would bring nothing but tiredness. He attacked with his earth-sword in a stabbing motion: it was one of the least powerful attacks he could perform with this kind of weapon, but it would be unexpected, and his weapon was cloaked in runefire anyway.
Only when he had started to strike did Ivan feel the effects of the punch to the head earlier. His sword was knocked aside as his jab weakened and he felt himself being kicked by Recht, and then he was falling. Ivan held his head with his right hand as he hit the stone tiles of the temple hard. "Kayra...!" he murmured as he felt the almost blinding pain of what surely must be a concussion... at the very least.

--------------------
PM
^
 Posted: Sep 10 2013, 11:24 PM
Quote Post

Group Icon

Donate

Feeling anger, an emotion rare in the bearer of the benevolent Rune of Heaven, Kayra lashed out with her Runed hand, sending a streak of white fire flashing through the air towards Recht. Not caring whether or not the general avoided the deadly flame, she raised her hand and raised a wall of blinding light to ward him off, and knelt by Ivan, laying her right hand on his forehead. A ripple of incandescent light spread from the angel pattern on her hand across Ivan's body as she poured her own energy into him. She was briefly reminded of when he she had revived him during the fight with Cordarian such a long time ago, but she was far more practiced with her Rune now, able to give him enough energy to get him back in fighting shape without knocking herself out. She stood quickly, the process only taking about two seconds, and let her light wall fade, spreading her arms and cloaking herself in runefire. She still didn't understand this new facet of her Rune's power or whether or not it was mundane fire, but she would make use of it.

~

One of the demons was incinerated mid flight with a shriek of agony, it's body catching aflame and already ash when it hit the ground. The other two, now wary of their foe, nimbly dodged and spread out through the air, attacking in tandem from both directions so she couldn't destroy them both before one flew within striking range.

--------------------
user posted image
user posted image

user posted image

QUOTE (Sqawl)

QUOTE (Sqawl)

QUOTE (Sqawl)

QUOTE (Kiroshima)
;p;

QUOTE (Flame Emblem)

QUOTE (Sqawl)
RICHARD

QUOTE (Sqawl)

QUOTE (Connagh Doohan)

QUOTE (Sqawl)

QUOTE (Flame Emblem)

lolskypeconvos

(╯°□°)╯≡≡≡≡≡≡┴┴*(,`~,)┐

Yesterday,

Today,

Yesterday,

Today,

Yesterday,

Today,

Yesterday,

Today,

Yesterday,

Today,

Yesterday,

Today,

Yesterday,

Today,

You're alive to read it.

God help us all.

PM
^
Sqawl
 Posted: Dec 5 2013, 12:37 AM
Quote Post

Group Icon

Donate

((RISE FROM YOUR GRAVE))

Recht jumped back only to still be hit by some of Kayra's flame. He cried out for a fraction of a second before stopping himself and shielding his face as even his armor began burning, some of the pieces starting to fuse together. His sword slipped out of his hand and clattered on the ground.

Ivan was sick of this whole incident. It had only been moments, but it seemed as though it had lasted for months. Would it ever end? There was no more time for thoughts when the opportunity was right here. No longer needing to make his own weapon, Ivan grabbed Recht's fallen sword-- it was severely damaged, but it would do-- and plunged it into a crack in the general's armor next to his collar. Also covered in runefire, a sickening sound could be heard as the blade rent armor and flesh indiscriminately. Ivan let go of the sword as Recht fell to the floor.

"Now for you," Ivan muttered as he turned to Hugo. "There's no reason to keep fighting" he said to the general a bit louder. He created another earth-sword on his left arm, but it was primarily for defense. For a man such as Hugo, simple sword wounds would not be enough punishment. I will make him suffer, Ivan thought with utter contempt. For all the lies he's told. But unfortunately, first, I have to try to... "The demons are out of control and our emperor is dead." He was almost yelling now, aware that there were still actual demons in the room. "There's no shame in helping us figure out what's going on!" He avoided using the term "surrender", but that was what he was asking. Besides... This is one too many chances of redemption for this man.

Apparently Nattaly's Hugo-aimed arrow had been useless: she really couldn't tell ((you never said whether it hit or whatever, so decide next post I suppose)). Nonetheless, Ivan could help Terrence with that fight now, so she turned her bow toward the demons. Although knowing that a flying target would not be so simple to hit as a ground-bound one, she fired another arrow at one of them anyway. Perhaps she could distract them enough for Pyra or someone to do something.

((1000th post GET))

--------------------
PM
^
 Posted: Dec 5 2013, 11:47 AM
Quote Post

Group Icon

Donate

Nattaly's arrow had bounced off the general's full plate armor; Hugo had barely noticed. Her second, however, had been more successful, taking a v'rock in the neck and downing it. The general kept his eyes on his foe even as he spoke to Ivan. "That is an understatement." He laughed bitterly. "Tell, have you ever studied YLqυs, boy? Every single demon has the power to break the seal on others who dwell in the same layer. These three V'rocks have already, literally, unleashed hell on the world above by their presence alone. And that is only Terror's level. As much I hate to admit it in front of you whelps, I was a fool." Turning away from Terrence almost in contempt, Hugo looked at Dias, still fending off Raeth's horde of the supernatural. "Traitor! I trust you not to fall to those petty spirits before I cut you down myself!" Dias looked over briefly, almost absently parrying an attack as he did so. By that time, the general had already dived into the midst of them, surprisingly fast despite his armor. Instinctively, Dias brought his own rapier up to parry the massive overhead blow Hugo brought to bear, but the smaller weapon was no match. It diverted the attack, but the blade bent, and snapped, the remains of the beautiful brand dropping to the floor as Dias let go of the useless sword. He lashed out with his bare hand, Taking the general by surprise and punching him in the mouth. It was not an ordinary punch, however. He had cloaked his fist in hellfire before it struck, and with a sound like thunder, Hugo was thrown to the floor, his sword flying into the dark reaches of the room. The burst had blown away all the ghosts, much to Raeth's irritation. Before the Runebearer could summon more, the demon lord raised his hands in the air, chanting in a guttural, unrecognizable language.

"No!" Another voice sounded. "He's opening a direct portal!"

Alarin rushed forward from he had stood toward Dias, grabbing the man's arm with his Runed hand. With a flicker, the pair became transparent as they planeshifted, and then vanished.

"...Hmph." Raeth grunted, clearly annoyed. He had been hoping to end Dias there. Another time. Meanwhile, the last v'rock circled in confusion, disoriented by even the small energy the demon lord gathered. Demons were sensitive to such forces, and the devilish bird had been anticipating a storm of it's kind, but when the energy suddenly moved, it was confused. It half landed, half crashed, screeching next to Raeth, who whirled and plunged his sword into it's head.

Alek had also stepped forward, and was helping Hugo to his feet. The general had a horrific burn on the left side of his face, a result of Dias' punishing strike. "Now hold still. I should have some salve for it..." Alek said, digging around in his satchel of alchemical compounds. The man was as calm as ever, seemingly unconcerned that he had apparently changed sides with Hugo. For now, at least. After handing the salve to Hugo, he turned to the Runebearers scattered around the room.

"Well, that was interesting. What do you say we head to the surface and watch the world burn?"

Runefire End

~

As promised, I have wrapped up RF so we can move on and start Runestar at a later date, when we're not all tired of the Starlight Saga. In the meantime, I have a few other RP ideas to throw around, and hopefully get the RP section going again with Blood;Tune also being a thing.

I'm too lazy to proofread this entire post, and I'm tired, so if it makes no sense you'll just have to deal with it
kxthbaiseeyouinthenxtRP

--------------------
user posted image
user posted image

user posted image

QUOTE (Sqawl)

QUOTE (Sqawl)

QUOTE (Sqawl)

QUOTE (Kiroshima)
;p;

QUOTE (Flame Emblem)

QUOTE (Sqawl)
RICHARD

QUOTE (Sqawl)

QUOTE (Connagh Doohan)

QUOTE (Sqawl)

QUOTE (Flame Emblem)

lolskypeconvos

(╯°□°)╯≡≡≡≡≡≡┴┴*(,`~,)┐

Yesterday,

Today,

Yesterday,

Today,

Yesterday,

Today,

Yesterday,

Today,

Yesterday,

Today,

Yesterday,

Today,

Yesterday,

Today,

You're alive to read it.

God help us all.

PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic OptionsPages: (67) « First ... 65 66 67  Reply to this topicStart new topic