The Emblem Brigade

Latest Shouts In The Shoutbox -- View The Shoutbox · Rules -  

Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post ) Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Fire Emblem Gaiden
SilverKnight
 Posted: Dec 10 2015, 11:50 AM
Quote Post

#DRAGONSQUAD
Group Icon

Group: Swordmaster
Gold: 16,286
Member Inventory: View

Donate
Member No.: 596

Awards: None

Gaiden: The game that nobody plays and yet one of the most influential. Gaiden is the second installment in the FE series and was a departure from the first game, and introduced many new concepts to the series that were outlandish to Fire Emblem at the time, yet persist in the more modern installments.

How many of you have played it? Completed it? What did you think of it?

--------------------
"I don't know. The laguz tribes cannot interbreed, I know that much. However, it seems possible, though rare, for a child to be born to beorc and laguz parents. But once the bloodlines have mingled, the trace of it can remain hidden for countless generations. Have I violated the goddess's laws? Have my parents? No. Whatever happened was done by some forgotten ancestor. My parents are beorc, as were their parents before them. I do not know who is responsible for what I am. But now, after many generations, their sin has appeared in me. I bear no guilt, but the badge of impurity is mine to wear." -Stefan

user posted image

user posted image

WOW

such signatureuser posted image
many dogez

user posted imageuser posted image
SUCH SIZE
PM
^
Shamison
 Posted: Dec 10 2015, 01:03 PM
Quote Post

Vanguard
Group Icon

Group: Summoner
Gold: 475,222

Donate
Member No.: 460

Awards: 5

Way ahead of its time. Probably my favorite FE. Ike is a cheap knockoff of Alm. Magic system is really cool. Downside is lack of map variety and win objectives but hardware limitaions are a thing.

--------------------

ABUSED FOR SELLING COOKIES!
PMEmail Poster
^
 Posted: Dec 10 2015, 06:16 PM
Quote Post

The Original
Group Icon

Group: The True Dath
Gold: 6,550

Donate
Member No.: 9

Awards: 6

I think I emulated legitimately bought and played it.

It was okay, from what I remember. Is that the one where Camus comes back, without his memory?

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
SilverKnight
 Posted: Dec 10 2015, 06:30 PM
Quote Post

#DRAGONSQUAD
Group Icon

Donate

QUOTE (Dath @ Dec 11 2015, 12:16 AM)
I think I emulated legitimately bought and played it.

It was okay, from what I remember. Is that the one where Camus comes back, without his memory?

Yes, it was. I too also emulated legitimately bought Gaiden for my nonexistent Famicom.

--------------------
"I don't know. The laguz tribes cannot interbreed, I know that much. However, it seems possible, though rare, for a child to be born to beorc and laguz parents. But once the bloodlines have mingled, the trace of it can remain hidden for countless generations. Have I violated the goddess's laws? Have my parents? No. Whatever happened was done by some forgotten ancestor. My parents are beorc, as were their parents before them. I do not know who is responsible for what I am. But now, after many generations, their sin has appeared in me. I bear no guilt, but the badge of impurity is mine to wear." -Stefan

user posted image

user posted image

WOW

many dogez

SUCH SIZE
PM
^
 Posted: Dec 10 2015, 06:34 PM
Quote Post

The Original
Group Icon

Donate

What's a Famicon?

*shot*

It's the one with the villagers at the beginning, right? Cliff and some other dudes?

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
SilverKnight
 Posted: Dec 10 2015, 06:36 PM
Quote Post

#DRAGONSQUAD
Group Icon

Donate

Yep. Your are villagers Cliff, Grey, and Robin. Robin is also objectively the worst one and the worsf unit to ever grace Fire Emblem.

--------------------

user posted image

user posted image

WOW

many dogez

SUCH SIZE
PM
^
 Posted: Dec 10 2015, 07:04 PM
Quote Post

The Original
Group Icon

Donate

Yeah and isn't one of them Bird or Hawk or something like that?

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
SilverKnight
 Posted: Dec 10 2015, 09:00 PM
Quote Post

#DRAGONSQUAD
Group Icon

Donate

Robin = Bird. Also referred to as Robird, objectively the worst unit to ever exist in Fire Emblem.

--------------------

user posted image

user posted image

WOW

many dogez

SUCH SIZE
PM
^
 Posted: Dec 11 2015, 01:09 AM
Quote Post

BRELOOM IS LOVE. BRELOOM IS LIFE
Group Icon

Group: Postmaster
Gold: 22,425

Donate
Member No.: 68

Awards: 9

I have played it, I keep playing through it but then don't get very far and forget about it. Perhaps I'll pick it up again.

I've played all FE games and this is one of the few ones I haven't beaten.

--------------------
user posted image

user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image
user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image

user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image
user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image

user posted image
PM
^
SilverKnight
 Posted: Dec 11 2015, 08:50 AM
Quote Post

#DRAGONSQUAD
Group Icon

Donate

I think you should beat it, Ezra. As Sham said it's way ahead of it's time and my favorite and this isn't subjective at all it's objectively the best Fire Emblem game.

--------------------

user posted image

user posted image

WOW

many dogez

SUCH SIZE
PM
^
Shamison
 Posted: Dec 11 2015, 09:48 AM
Quote Post

Vanguard
Group Icon

Donate

Also Gaiden did an interesting thing with one of the fights that I wish was redone in a way that inst FE9 4 part level. When you start the level in gaiden there are cavaliers at the center of crossroads and your units attack from all sides. When you defeat them all, you are immediately attacked by more cavaliers. Now your units are standing in the center and the cavaliers attack from all sides and they get to go first. I thought it was cool concept and could be better done with modern technology. Overall a remake of Gaiden that fleshed out characters other than Alm and Cecilia and had a little more map variety would make for an amazing game.

--------------------

PMEmail Poster
^
Cero
 Posted: Dec 11 2015, 10:40 AM
Quote Post

The Muffin Savior
Group Icon

Group: Great Dragon
Gold: 873,998

Donate
Member No.: 383

Awards: 2

I don't play trash games.

--------------------
user posted image

user posted image user posted image
PMUsers Website
^
Shamison
 Posted: Dec 11 2015, 11:15 AM
Quote Post

Vanguard
Group Icon

Donate

says the guy who plays FE12

--------------------

PMEmail Poster
^
SilverKnight
 Posted: Dec 11 2015, 11:40 AM
Quote Post

#DRAGONSQUAD
Group Icon

Donate

Gaiden is 10x Cero's smash skills

--------------------

user posted image

user posted image

WOW

many dogez

SUCH SIZE
PM
^
 Posted: Dec 11 2015, 12:08 PM
Quote Post

The Original
Group Icon

Donate

Thinking of playing it again. I dunno though.

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic OptionsPages: (2) 1 2  Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll