Grumpy
Group Icon

Group: Great Knight
Gold: 4,600
Member Inventory: View

Donate
Member No.: 139

Awards: 2

Hello everyone and welcome to Round 2 of the Neo-TEB Writing Contest! Now last contest didn't see much entries, probably due to the timing the first round was made, but I hope this time around people will surely enter. As of this round, the contest will be monthly, which means you get a month, yes a month the time to submit something. There is, a slight hoop hole in it though, that is if there are in, let's say two weeks, more then 3 entries, the deadline will be shortened. The reason for this is, is that the activity on the forums has been dwindling lately and many people just being too busy with school or work or something else, to be able to make a decent entry. Anyway, enough chatting, let's get on with the rules;

Rules:
1. One entry per member. You may revoke a previous entry and write a new one if you so choose.

2. You may message your entry to the host or post it here. If messaging it, please specify whether you wish it to be anonymous or not. Either way, put it in spoiler tags.

3. Include the prompt(s) your entry was based on.

4. Include the word count. This will be checked and your entry will be disqualified if it is not within the limits.

5. Entries must be within 100-2000 words.

6. Use adequate grammar. At the very least, your entry should be easily readable, and anything short of virtually perfect grammar will hurt your chances.

7. Entries must be in paragraph format (This means no poetry).

8. Your entry must have a title.

9. Entries must maintain a T fiction rating or lower, and in general abide by the guidelines set by the TEB rules. Violators of this rule will be disqualified for the current round and the next.

10. Entries may be fanfiction or original fiction. If it is fanfiction, you must provide supporting material (this can be a link) explaining the subject matter.

11. The winner will be determined with a poll.

12. Absolutely no voting for yourself. This can be checked if it is suspected, so don't think you can slip it past us.

13. The winner will select the next two prompts, messaging them to the host within three days. If no prompts are chosen within three days, the host will choose.

14. In the event of a tie, there will be a second tiebreaker poll.

Prompts for round 2 has been provided by Sqasalon and Vanwl, hate them if you think they are awful, not me http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa168/Dinfima/Site%20Stuff/Budgie-1.gif

user posted image

I've hidden in every corner of the country
but somehow, trouble always seems to find me

Prompt guidelines:
Prompts can be anything from a word, a quote, a picture, a song, a video, etc. They simply serve to provide inspiration to the writers, and entries do not have to adhere to them closely, so long as they use them as a base.

Deadline is the 21st of May.

Good luck to all of you and may the best win!

Entry 1; A Dream of Fire, by Vansalon; 677 words: Prompt 1.

The dark was fading when I took your hand. The ice was thawing and the winter dying. I could see, for once. There was nothing like this feeling in the whole world. I felt warmth, I saw a light. I grasped for it, climbing towards the sun. I touched it, and I could feel the heat. I knew the burning was over, and I was cold. I shivered, and realized I felt empty. My soul no longer blazed, but I was not happy. It was with a melancholy regret that I turned my back on the pyre. I thought I was done with the pain. Forever.

I was wrong.

And then my vision was fire. I found myself in a familiar region. Sprawling plains and crisscrossing rivers. This was my home. Yet, at the same time, it was not. The caravans I had been raised in burned sullenly, slowly rotting away to ash. The blue rivers I loved so dearly were no longer blue. Now, they ran with flame. The green grass had lost its vibrant color. It was charred and black, as if after a wildfire. I turned around, and there was a tent, burning as was everything else. I saw myself standing in the entryway. My red hair was tangled and singed at the end, and blood spattered my green jacket. Behind me, on the blackened fur rug, lay three bodies, unrecognizable. Their ash still burned, somehow. The self that I saw reached out, and so did I. I took my hand, and I felt the same flame. I felt my flesh withering under its touch, but no pain. Soon, there was no disctinction between skin, or muscle, or bone, and fire.

Then I was somewhere else. I was in a vast room, with walls of stone and a floor of granite. It was featureless but for three things. The ignited remains of a table lay on the floor near the center, various metal tools and liquid compounds spilled around it. Burning next to it was a plain stone slab and a melted chain, the oozing links leading back to the tiny barred cell in the corner. Once again I saw myself, standing at the foot of the slab. My red hair was tied back in a long ponytail, and my clothes were blackened sackcloth. Laying before me, his mouth still open in a silent scream, was figure somehow still recognizable. I knew him, and I hated him. But his pain gave me no pleasure. It just fed the fire of my soul. The flaming destroyer that called herself me turned, her eyes soulless and her expression neutral. She held out her hand, and fire spilled from it, slithering to the floor like a snake and racing along the ground to touch my foot. It climbed, and soon I was aflame too. This time there was no sense of burning or withering, only a calming yet troubling sense of oneness.

The setting changed one last time, but only the background. The foreground was the same. It was still fire and destruction. Only this time my phantom was not here. Instead there was only a specter of flame, surveying the death around it. The temple I had once thought beautiful in a twisted way was now as black as my soul. The specter, glowing red-orange, stepped toward me, and I could not move. Three steps more, and it touched me. Then there was no distinction between girl and specter. There was only fire.

There were faces in the flame. Some I knew keenly, others only passingly. Some I loved dearly, but others I hated with all my heart. There was only one I had never seen, but I knew him still. He was the specter that destroyed. I was the vessel of Fury.

I watched everything I knew burn and crumble to ash, and then I watched the ash rise up to build anew. I saw it re-created it in the image of fire.

And there was nothing I could do but watch the world burn.

--------------------
[\Rob/][\boR/][\Rob/][\boR/][\Rob/]

SKYPE CONVERSATIONS
Sqawl: I guess that I should be thankful that it rained during the morning and early afternoon, so I didn't have to hear the FUCKING FIREWORKS then.
Robbel: So it was a fireworks orgy?
Sqawl: yes
Flame Emblem: And they came on my foot
PM
^
 Posted: Apr 25 2014, 09:03 AM
Quote Post

And the system is in ruins...
Group Icon

Group: Awakened Veteran
Gold: 0

Donate
Member No.: 176

Awards: 7

Entry 1; A Dream of Fire, by Vansalon; 677 words: Prompt 1.
The dark was fading when I took your hand. The ice was thawing and the winter dying. I could see, for once. There was nothing like this feeling in the whole world. I felt warmth, I saw a light. I grasped for it, climbing towards the sun. I touched it, and I could feel the heat. I knew the burning was over, and I was cold. I shivered, and realized I felt empty. My soul no longer blazed, but I was not happy. It was with a melancholy regret that I turned my back on the pyre. I thought I was done with the pain. Forever.

I was wrong.

And then my vision was fire. I found myself in a familiar region. Sprawling plains and crisscrossing rivers. This was my home. Yet, at the same time, it was not. The caravans I had been raised in burned sullenly, slowly rotting away to ash. The blue rivers I loved so dearly were no longer blue. Now, they ran with flame. The green grass had lost its vibrant color. It was charred and black, as if after a wildfire. I turned around, and there was a tent, burning as was everything else. I saw myself standing in the entryway. My red hair was tangled and singed at the end, and blood spattered my green jacket. Behind me, on the blackened fur rug, lay three bodies, unrecognizable. Their ash still burned, somehow. The self that I saw reached out, and so did I. I took my hand, and I felt the same flame. I felt my flesh withering under its touch, but no pain. Soon, there was no disctinction between skin, or muscle, or bone, and fire.

Then I was somewhere else. I was in a vast room, with walls of stone and a floor of granite. It was featureless but for three things. The ignited remains of a table lay on the floor near the center, various metal tools and liquid compounds spilled around it. Burning next to it was a plain stone slab and a melted chain, the oozing links leading back to the tiny barred cell in the corner. Once again I saw myself, standing at the foot of the slab. My red hair was tied back in a long ponytail, and my clothes were blackened sackcloth. Laying before me, his mouth still open in a silent scream, was figure somehow still recognizable. I knew him, and I hated him. But his pain gave me no pleasure. It just fed the fire of my soul. The flaming destroyer that called herself me turned, her eyes soulless and her expression neutral. She held out her hand, and fire spilled from it, slithering to the floor like a snake and racing along the ground to touch my foot. It climbed, and soon I was aflame too. This time there was no sense of burning or withering, only a calming yet troubling sense of oneness.

The setting changed one last time, but only the background. The foreground was the same. It was still fire and destruction. Only this time my phantom was not here. Instead there was only a specter of flame, surveying the death around it. The temple I had once thought beautiful in a twisted way was now as black as my soul. The specter, glowing red-orange, stepped toward me, and I could not move. Three steps more, and it touched me. Then there was no distinction between girl and specter. There was only fire.

There were faces in the flame. Some I knew keenly, others only passingly. Some I loved dearly, but others I hated with all my heart. There was only one I had never seen, but I knew him still. He was the specter that destroyed. I was the vessel of Fury.

I watched everything I knew burn and crumble to ash, and then I watched the ash rise up to build anew. I saw it re-created it in the image of fire.

And there was nothing I could do but watch the world burn.

This is much shorter than what I usually write although those that actually read my character profiles are probably thankful for that but I felt being concise was more important here than building a holy wall of text. I tried to put emphasis on certain themes with recurring words, and I felt it was most powerful with only a moderate-short length.

--------------------
user posted image
user posted image

user posted image

QUOTE (Duchess of Freege @ Nov 27 2012, 11:47 AM)
Indeed. In the realm of cookies, Vansalon reigns supreme.

QUOTE (Sqawl)
YOUTUUUUBE! WHAT HAST THOU WROUGHT?!

QUOTE (Kiroshima @ Dec 24 2012, 03:28 PM)
And suddenly, nothing happened.

"Eternal twilight would be hell, in both senses of the phrase."

I'LL TAKE THE TRIFORCE OF DINNER TO PROTECT ME

QUOTE (Sqawl)
IT'S VANCE-UEL L. JACKSON!

QUOTE (Sqawl)
What Karida doesn't know is that Kiro will probably be like "YOU ARE CORRECT, MISS KARIDA: FOR YOUR INFORMATION, A HEALER OF THE TEMPLAR CLASS EXISTS AT POSITION X 21 Y 14. I PREDICT HE WILL ARRIVE IN APPROXIMATELY EIGHT TURNS"

QUOTE (Kiroshima)
;p;

QUOTE (Flame Emblem)
You exist to troll me into defeat. That is your purpose in life.

QUOTE (Sqawl)
come back when you're a little
MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM(kaylee)
RICHARD

QUOTE (Sqawl)
Vancuel L. Jackson has HAD IT WITH THIS MOTHAFUCKIN' AMBIGUITY IN THIS MOTHAFUCKIN' ROLEPLAY

QUOTE (Connagh Doohan)
It's like your on the road to being a goth and you're mostly there, but are perpetuallly stopped at an Ice Cream Parlour or something

QUOTE (Sqawl)
Ghandi is trying to learn "Nuclear Hellfire". But, Ghandi can only know four moves.
Delete "Peace" for "Nuclear Hellfire"?

QUOTE (Flame Emblem)
IGNORANCE IS BLISS AND HE WAS A SPECIAL WALL

lolskypeconvos

[8:09:06 PM] THE ASIAN TRUTH A.K.A JIMMEEEHHH: (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━
[8:09:17 PM] Sqawl: ┬─┬◡ノ(° -°ノ)
[8:09:22 PM] THE ASIAN TRUTH A.K.A JIMMEEEHHH: FFFFFFF
[8:09user posted image5 PM] THE ASIAN TRUTH A.K.A JIMMEEEHHH: (Vಠ益ಠ)>彡┻━
[8:09:46 PM] Sqawl: ┬─┬◡ノ(° -°ノ)
[8:10:02 PM] THE ASIAN TRUTH A.K.A JIMMEEEHHH: (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━彡┻━
[8:10:19 PM | Edited 8:10user posted image3 PM] Sqawl: ┬─┬◡ノ(° -°)\◡┬─┬
[8:10:28 PM] THE ASIAN TRUTH A.K.A JIMMEEEHHH: GRAHHHH
[8:10:29 PM] THE ASIAN TRUTH A.K.A JIMMEEEHHH: (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻
[8:10:51 PM] Sqawl: ┬─┬◡ノ(° -°ノ)
(╯°□°)╯≡≡≡≡≡≡┴┴*(,`~,)┐
[8:10:54 PM] THE ASIAN TRUTH A.K.A JIMMEEEHHH: (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━ ┻
[8:10:57 PM] THE ASIAN TRUTH A.K.A JIMMEEEHHH: IT BROKE

[30:55 PM | Edited 3user posted image1:00 PM] The entire population of America (Flame Emblem): Chromx"Marth"
[31:01 PM] Vansalon: ...lolol
[31:01 PM] Yash: LOL
[31:03 PM] Aura: No comment
[31:08 PM] Yash: you'll understand later

[3user posted image8:57 PM] The entire population of America (Flame Emblem): Emmeryn is unintroduced
[3user posted image9:05 PM] Cevian: I hope you don't fall for her though.

[10:15:05 AM] Sqawl: DAWN OF THE SECOND DAY.
[10:15:19 AM] Vansalon: xD
[10:15:26 AM] Vansalon: ||||||
[10:15:29 AM] The entire population of America: xD
[10:15user posted image9 AM] Sqawl: DOHOHO.
[10:15:47 AM] Vansalon: I don't care that it's not the fourth day; I'm making that reference.

[5:59user posted image3 PM] Yash: I like crap sometimes

[7:09:54 PM] Flame Emblem: I'm surrounded by idio- *shot*
[7:24:17 PM] Aura: Maybe you should stop multiply-- *Stabbed*

Yesterday,

I watched three men die because one man sneezed in a room full of blood and shit and light.

Today,

three more men go in, cheap mops and each other's lives in their hands.

Yesterday,

I watched a man I admired gunned down for leaving a rose for a girl whose life was tattered by trauma she never deserved.

Today,

she doesn't remember, and three halls down I can hear her screaming.

Yesterday,

I watched a group of soldiers go down fighting against the corpses of comrades who'd died before them.

Today,

we test another sample, this time on children.

Yesterday,

I watched five men and women gunned down in an abandoned factory no one cares about.

Today,

it happens again and again. Every eleven seconds. Forever.

Yesterday,

I watched a man sit comfortably in a nice armchair, sipping scotch and laughing as he ordered a woman to simply stop breathing.

Today,

he gets the day off of work detail for good behavior.

Yesterday,

I watched hundreds of men and women in orange jumpsuits herded like animals into empty rooms that filled with gas and fire.

Today,

hundreds more are told they have a chance for a lighter sentence, and a chance to serve their country.

Yesterday,

I watched the world nearly die in a thousand thousand terrible ways. Sometimes we would have had time to scream.

Today,

I'm alive to write about it. You want happy endings? Fuck you.

You're alive to read it.

God help us all.

Cookie if you know where that's from user posted image

Hey, this guide is now a thing. Check it out if you're interested in Roleplaying.

[12:45:45 PM] Firefly Vansalon: btw guys
saying this in advance because it's relevant to planning RP things

I'm going to be out of state June 14-July 18. I officially have a job/internship thing/whatever you want to call it at the Lutheran Camp on mt. Petit Jean, so I'm leaving for there a day before the first week of camp starts (pretty sure I go a day early, anyway).
[12:46:06 PM] Firefly Vansalon: I'll have my phone, of course, but I'll never get a chance to be on except MAYBE sunday nights.
[12:474 PM] Firefly Vansalon: Monday-friday I'll be busy with the actual camp proceedings, saturday I'll be busy cleaning up (along with all the other staff) and sunday morning we'll be starting preperations for the next group.
PM
^
 Posted: Jun 2 2014, 05:19 PM
Quote Post

And the system is in ruins...
Group Icon

Group: Awakened Veteran
Gold: 0

Donate
Member No.: 176

Awards: 7

*cough*

didn't you say you were working on an entry for this, Sqawl? it was another prequel to inhuman resources or something I think

--------------------
user posted image
user posted image

user posted image

QUOTE (Duchess of Freege @ Nov 27 2012, 11:47 AM)
Indeed. In the realm of cookies, Vansalon reigns supreme.

QUOTE (Sqawl)
YOUTUUUUBE! WHAT HAST THOU WROUGHT?!

QUOTE (Kiroshima @ Dec 24 2012, 03:28 PM)
And suddenly, nothing happened.

"Eternal twilight would be hell, in both senses of the phrase."

I'LL TAKE THE TRIFORCE OF DINNER TO PROTECT ME

QUOTE (Sqawl)
IT'S VANCE-UEL L. JACKSON!

QUOTE (Sqawl)
What Karida doesn't know is that Kiro will probably be like "YOU ARE CORRECT, MISS KARIDA: FOR YOUR INFORMATION, A HEALER OF THE TEMPLAR CLASS EXISTS AT POSITION X 21 Y 14. I PREDICT HE WILL ARRIVE IN APPROXIMATELY EIGHT TURNS"

QUOTE (Kiroshima)
;p;

QUOTE (Flame Emblem)
You exist to troll me into defeat. That is your purpose in life.

QUOTE (Sqawl)
come back when you're a little
MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM(kaylee)
RICHARD

QUOTE (Sqawl)
Vancuel L. Jackson has HAD IT WITH THIS MOTHAFUCKIN' AMBIGUITY IN THIS MOTHAFUCKIN' ROLEPLAY

QUOTE (Connagh Doohan)
It's like your on the road to being a goth and you're mostly there, but are perpetuallly stopped at an Ice Cream Parlour or something

QUOTE (Sqawl)
Ghandi is trying to learn "Nuclear Hellfire". But, Ghandi can only know four moves.
Delete "Peace" for "Nuclear Hellfire"?

QUOTE (Flame Emblem)
IGNORANCE IS BLISS AND HE WAS A SPECIAL WALL

lolskypeconvos

[8:09:06 PM] THE ASIAN TRUTH A.K.A JIMMEEEHHH: (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━
[8:09:17 PM] Sqawl: ┬─┬◡ノ(° -°ノ)
[8:09:22 PM] THE ASIAN TRUTH A.K.A JIMMEEEHHH: FFFFFFF
[8:09user posted image5 PM] THE ASIAN TRUTH A.K.A JIMMEEEHHH: (Vಠ益ಠ)>彡┻━
[8:09:46 PM] Sqawl: ┬─┬◡ノ(° -°ノ)
[8:10:02 PM] THE ASIAN TRUTH A.K.A JIMMEEEHHH: (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━彡┻━
[8:10:19 PM | Edited 8:10user posted image3 PM] Sqawl: ┬─┬◡ノ(° -°)\◡┬─┬
[8:10:28 PM] THE ASIAN TRUTH A.K.A JIMMEEEHHH: GRAHHHH
[8:10:29 PM] THE ASIAN TRUTH A.K.A JIMMEEEHHH: (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻
[8:10:51 PM] Sqawl: ┬─┬◡ノ(° -°ノ)
(╯°□°)╯≡≡≡≡≡≡┴┴*(,`~,)┐
[8:10:54 PM] THE ASIAN TRUTH A.K.A JIMMEEEHHH: (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━ ┻
[8:10:57 PM] THE ASIAN TRUTH A.K.A JIMMEEEHHH: IT BROKE

[30:55 PM | Edited 3user posted image1:00 PM] The entire population of America (Flame Emblem): Chromx"Marth"
[31:01 PM] Vansalon: ...lolol
[31:01 PM] Yash: LOL
[31:03 PM] Aura: No comment
[31:08 PM] Yash: you'll understand later

[3user posted image8:57 PM] The entire population of America (Flame Emblem): Emmeryn is unintroduced
[3user posted image9:05 PM] Cevian: I hope you don't fall for her though.

[10:15:05 AM] Sqawl: DAWN OF THE SECOND DAY.
[10:15:19 AM] Vansalon: xD
[10:15:26 AM] Vansalon: ||||||
[10:15:29 AM] The entire population of America: xD
[10:15user posted image9 AM] Sqawl: DOHOHO.
[10:15:47 AM] Vansalon: I don't care that it's not the fourth day; I'm making that reference.

[5:59user posted image3 PM] Yash: I like crap sometimes

[7:09:54 PM] Flame Emblem: I'm surrounded by idio- *shot*
[7:24:17 PM] Aura: Maybe you should stop multiply-- *Stabbed*

Yesterday,

I watched three men die because one man sneezed in a room full of blood and shit and light.

Today,

three more men go in, cheap mops and each other's lives in their hands.

Yesterday,

I watched a man I admired gunned down for leaving a rose for a girl whose life was tattered by trauma she never deserved.

Today,

she doesn't remember, and three halls down I can hear her screaming.

Yesterday,

I watched a group of soldiers go down fighting against the corpses of comrades who'd died before them.

Today,

we test another sample, this time on children.

Yesterday,

I watched five men and women gunned down in an abandoned factory no one cares about.

Today,

it happens again and again. Every eleven seconds. Forever.

Yesterday,

I watched a man sit comfortably in a nice armchair, sipping scotch and laughing as he ordered a woman to simply stop breathing.

Today,

he gets the day off of work detail for good behavior.

Yesterday,

I watched hundreds of men and women in orange jumpsuits herded like animals into empty rooms that filled with gas and fire.

Today,

hundreds more are told they have a chance for a lighter sentence, and a chance to serve their country.

Yesterday,

I watched the world nearly die in a thousand thousand terrible ways. Sometimes we would have had time to scream.

Today,

I'm alive to write about it. You want happy endings? Fuck you.

You're alive to read it.

God help us all.

Cookie if you know where that's from user posted image

Hey, this guide is now a thing. Check it out if you're interested in Roleplaying.

[12:45:45 PM] Firefly Vansalon: btw guys
saying this in advance because it's relevant to planning RP things

I'm going to be out of state June 14-July 18. I officially have a job/internship thing/whatever you want to call it at the Lutheran Camp on mt. Petit Jean, so I'm leaving for there a day before the first week of camp starts (pretty sure I go a day early, anyway).
[12:46:06 PM] Firefly Vansalon: I'll have my phone, of course, but I'll never get a chance to be on except MAYBE sunday nights.
[12:474 PM] Firefly Vansalon: Monday-friday I'll be busy with the actual camp proceedings, saturday I'll be busy cleaning up (along with all the other staff) and sunday morning we'll be starting preperations for the next group.
PM
^
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll