The Emblem Brigade

Latest Shouts In The Shoutbox -- View The Shoutbox · Rules -  

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> History of The Emblem Brigade, I have to put this thread SOMEWHERE.
 Posted: Feb 12 2013, 08:47 AM
Quote Post

Marcus > Jeigan
Group Icon

Group: 3-13 Sniper
Gold: 0
Member Inventory: View

Donate
Member No.: 304

Awards: 3

Gather round, children, and you shall hear
The creation of TEB, straight to your ear.
Just read, watch, and be amazed!
...What on earth rhymes with amazed?

QUOTE (Dess @ Aug 7 2009, 12:21 PM)
The Emblem Brigade has been created!
After a long talk with Dath, we've formed a new forum called 'The Emblem Brigade'

Not everything is on this site yet, but I'll start transferring other stuff asap.

We need a banner and some advertising things to get us started as well.

If you can help, pm me immediately!

And this was the first post for the Brigade
Now, er... go drink you some Kool-Aid.
This poetry stuff is pretty hard.
I really glad I'm not a bard.

QUOTE (Dess @ Aug 12 2009, 04:49 PM)
Fire Emblem Shrine affiliated to both FEB and TEF in the past, so I sent a message out to Blazer, and he recognized TEB.
Check out the image to the bottom of this page if you want to give Blazer a visit~

Look, we've got an affiliate, egad!
Getting new peeps is really rad.

QUOTE (Dess @ Aug 16 2009, 11:57 AM)
The army rpg system has been added, so go ahead and join if you want to quickly earn some cash for the random stuff in the shop.

Make sure you check out the shop by that matter as more items has been added such as the 'lawn' and other random stuff.

More items will be added to the shop sooner or later, and they may include altering other's signatures among other mischievous things.
So be sure to get yourself alot of money for when those items come rolling along, there'll only be a limited amount as well~

To earn more money, join the army system, post lots, or make new topics- all of these can earn you gold which you should be able to see beneath your avatar and the sorts.

Furthermore...
We soon (hopefully) will be getting a banner.
AND!
There will be an awards system in the future.

Someone can see the future, take a guess!
The answer is very obviously Dess!
Much of what he said has 'ventually come true
Items, and a fancy banner, too!
Then again, she's the one who made them.
So she did what she said, quite ver batim.

QUOTE (Dess @ Oct 12 2009, 04:51 PM)

The shoutbox
I think we need a moderator for it.  Honestly, large images and spamming has to go.

Topic making
If you make 2 new topics, pm me, and I'll give you a cookie

Order! Order! Order in the shout box!
All dat spamming and stuff make it as fun as rocks.
There is a beginning here, of an item well known.
The cookie are given, like to a dog, a bone.

QUOTE (Dess @ Jun 26 2010, 09:42 PM)
We've got at least some people posting but...
There's just not enough.

Well, what I'm suggesting is that we get more activity, and more members.

So advertise people, you know where to find our banners, so please use them http://i.imgur.com/aJs9cWS.png

Next, let's start reviving the old topics rather than simply making new, skewed ones that make little to no sense at all.
Let's post, not spam.
I want us to look alive, not dead.

Although the RP's have taken a hit, we can still revive 'em once we rack in some more members.
Furthermore, with more members we'll be able to continue the hack hopefully.

So let's do this, as members of one dying brigade. Let's go back to our former roots and start trying to seriously survive.

Big News:
As I do every year, I'm planning on getting myself a new co-administrator.
Since Dath left along with Comma, we need someone to step it to fill the gap.

Dess's was worried about us, we were making him scared.
When someone would post, man, that person was rare!
When we lost an RPer, it was a heavy blow.
Plus Dath, and Comma, they had to go.
With many posters gone, we lost our fight!
There was only Dess, trying to make things right.

QUOTE (Dath @ Dec 3 2010, 05:03 PM)
That's right. Dess is out of town for the weekend, so I'm in charge while he's away.
Behave yourselves, for I still have the Banhammer in my possession.

^_^

And this caused explosions around the world
This sent many members into a whirl
Just kidding, our members are too nice for that
When it comes to niceness, we make Santa feel bad.

QUOTE (Dath @ Feb 12 2011, 10:00 PM)
Got a couple of tips for increasing activity.

-When you log on the board, before you do anything, click the "View New Posts" button at the top right hand of the page.

-Reply back to every topic. Every. Topic. This is the only way that we gain activity. If five people do that once every day, we'll have at least one hundred posts. Well...probably, because I'm gonna be posting like crazy too.

-Also, start topics. I want legit topics started, under every forum. I want so many topics, that it takes us hours to get through them all, and that in the "View New Posts" forum, there are 20 pages of new topics and posts.

-Create new topics in the art section. Even if you don't draw, create topics relating to art in there. A member told me that he left because there was simply not enough activity in the art section.

-Recruit. I don't know if you know anybody IRL that plays FE, videogames, or knows what a videogame is. Recruit them. If you go to another forum, shamelessly advertise.

-Post. Post. Post. Post. Post. I don't know how many times I have to say this. Simply logging in for five minutes, and then logging off does not count as activity!!

As further incentive for posting, I'm going to be having a reward for who posts the most every month, by changing the color of their username for the next month to the color that they want. There will also be rewards for the most recruits, the most new topics, and the most awesome. <--That last one will probably go to me, but still...post and create new topics for a shot at it.

Alright? Do these simple things, and we'll see a shoot up in activity that we've never seen before. Can I count on you guys? I really hate doing this, but unless I see an increase in activity, I'm going to have to...kill you all.

Dath, giving us tips for being active
makes about as much sense as pooping a laxative
But he meant well, and back then, he was often around
When you needed help, he could often be found
Let's not give him crap trouble for for causing a sensation
When he created the http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa168/Dinfima/Site%20Stuff/Sup.gif it was known across the fair nation
This post was on my birthday, before I had came
This quite simple fact makes me feel less lame

QUOTE (Dath @ Feb 25 2011, 08:43 PM)
Ever since that one day, where I posted a ton, (lulz), there hasn't been a single day where the post count has not been under 80, and, with the exception of two days, the post count hasn't been under 100.

If I've done the math correctly, that's 1200+ posts in two weeks.

Wow. Oh dang. That's nice. Reeeaaall nice. I don't want to trash FES, but today it's had 31 total posts. We have 240. I'm so proud of you guys, that I could cry. I realize it's probably my threats of dismembering your limbs that keeps you guys posting, but I'm amazed by this posting.

Way to go guys, let's keep up the awesome work, and go for 30,000 posts by the end of March!

EDIT;

Since the 500+ post day, we've had;

2,636 total posts. Wow. In two weeks exactly.

If I may say so. DAAAAYUM.

When Dath want something done, guess what? WE DO IT!
The day FES took us on, they rued it!
Let's keep it going, for several years more
And have no more members walking out of The Door!

QUOTE (Dess @ Jul 4 2011, 09:52 AM)
Yes, that's right, TEB is now celebrating it's third anniversary!
In other words, we managed to claw our way out of the depths of hell inactivity into the golden era of success thanks to great new members and dedicated brigadiers.

For this very reason I'd like to thank you for another great year and here's to another if we can survive that long.

user posted image

Dat cake. Dat cake. Dat muthaf**kin' cake.
With a cake like that, the members we will rake.
We made it three years, gettin' better nonstop
At this rate, we're gonna rise to the top.

QUOTE (Dath @ Jul 7 2011, 06:32 PM)
So I did the math;

50 weeks to get 35,000 posts. 100 a day, 700 weekly.

If we can get 35k more posts by around this time next year, I'll do something extravagant for you guys. I won't say what, but it'll be awesome, I promise.

Also, if we surpass FES' post count by that time, I'll do a little extra as well.

We have...33,598 posts as of my checking today (July 7th, 2011.)

If we can get up to 68,598 posts by June 23rd(?), surprise surprise.

Also, FES has 75k posts now. If, by this time next year, we have 75k+, I'll do that little extra bit as well.

The challenge begins.

Dath thinks he can beat us? Let's prove him wrong!
I wonder what the reward is- Is it him in a thong?
I'm sorry for that image, there wasn't much choice.
I'm just as scarred as you, all you girls and boys.

QUOTE (Dess @ Jul 20 2011, 12:36 PM)
Merlinus no longer exists to make things fair for everyone.
He's a bit too cheap to increase your gold count >_>
Also, bank interest is now only 1%

For every post you get 10 gold.
For every topic you get 30 gold.
For every topic which gets more than 50 replies, you get 50 gold.
When you join you get 100 gold.

There is a 1% withdraw and deposit fee.

Also, groups now cost 500 gold in the shop.
This will encourage members to try and POST in order to get a group.

I'll be adding promoted groups which cannot be bought.
Rather, you'll need to have 500 posts.
Once you get said 500 posts, you can request for a custom group just for you.

Etc, once I'm done editing, Ezra will be a swordsmaster as opposed to a myrmidon.

FURTHERMORE, all soldiers are now generic members.
The soldier group, since Nephenee looks cool, will sell for 500 gold at the shop as well.

Money got worth it, and harder to keep!
When you banked you money, did you hear a beep?
That beep was the sound of your money being stolen.
The chances of keeping are like making lead golden.
Plus, promoting groups became something you could do
The question then was, who would make it, you?

QUOTE (Dess @ Jul 22 2011, 09:48 PM)
Before...
user posted image

AFTER...
user posted image

Like a boss TEB, like a boss  http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa168/Dinfima/Site%20Stuff/RCOOL.gif

QUOTE (Ezra @ Jul 22 2011, 09:50 PM)
take a look at TEB during January 2011.

Now look at my joining date.

that is no coincidence my friends  http://i.imgur.com/hoy3zt3.png

Erza! He makes the post count fly high!
The days when the post count was low, they went bye!
He's a posting machine, a hundred posts every day!
He join in February, and high the posts stayed!

QUOTE (Ezra @ Aug 14 2011, 09:19 PM)
Well Dessy told me that activity has been going down!

so as super posting legend admin I have been assigned to address this grave situation.

What is it that I propose? I propose that all of you pick one of the following and DO IT.

A ) Post 1 new topic per day

B ) try to post at least 50 posts a day.

C ) advertise on at least 2 other forums your on

I would also appreciate it if you did all three, that is all your egomaniac admin is counting on you guys~!

Erza gives us his tips on posting like him
With tips like this, our outlook can't be grim (Shoot, that one was hard)
He told us to post, so what do we do?
We post, or he'll make us go boo-hoo!

QUOTE (Dess @ Sep 7 2011, 11:03 PM)
In response to the votes, censorship has been removed from the forums.
However, as most of you know, there will be additional regulations as a result to the change.

There will be zero tolerance towards profanity when used against another member.
Punishments will result from heavy warns to a ban.

Then again...
Everyone here is pretty chill, so I doubt that'll ever happen ^_^

Remember, treat everyone kindly with respect- these principles founded TEB http://i.imgur.com/aJs9cWS.png

We could now curse, as much as we like!
We could say shit, damn, fuck, crap, and dyke!
I feel bad for saying those words.
Allowed or not, those words still aren't good.
And we can't insult members, but that's only right
We shouldn't ever get into a fight

QUOTE (Ezra @ Feb 27 2012, 04:02 PM)
Indeed, TEB has improved in activity recently but I think I'm going to take advantage of this opportunity and increase TEB's fame and glory even more~!

So what do I suggest for this? Why, it's a carefully thought out plan just kidding it's pretty random

Anyway what I have planned is a seven day/ one week plan, what it involves is a certain thing that I'm planning to do each day that will in some way, shape or form help this forum.

Still confused? Just look at the list below and you'll probably get a good idea of what I'm planning on doing for the forum:

Day 1 February 27th - I need you my fellow TEB members to provide any criticism you may have for this site, or any comments concerns questions etc. Better yet if you have anything you think YOU can provide to help make this site better, go ahead and PM me with that too~! If it helps the site, you should probably message me  http://i.imgur.com/aJs9cWS.png

Day 2 February 28th - New Member Hunt, I will be searching for New members on other sites, I don't guarantee any results but... hey as long as I try right? http://i.imgur.com/aJs9cWS.png Again, help would be appreciated so if you have a friend or go on another FE forum and could drag someone on here, it'd be most appreciated.

Day 3 February 29th - Zombie hack advertising, I will be planning a way to advertise our forum via our beloved Zombie hack, don't ask me the who what how and... well I already told you when but all other details will be revealed on February 29, if you wanna know more about this you can once again PM me.

Day 4 March 1st - WTF posting frenzy, I will be posting and creating topics left and right this day to boost activity, I'm hoping that any new members that may or might not of joined this forum will be encourage to stay active by the plethora of topics that will occur this day.

Day 5 March 2nd - TEB event planning, as many of you know we've had a lot of... interesting TEB events. From Stefan's AoP, to Dess Impersonation. or Cedar's Shades day. All part of TEB's history. Well I'm going to plan some interesting events for TEB in the future on this day with our fellow admin/mods, and maybe even plan for some good old favorites to happen sometime soon~!  http://i.imgur.com/aJs9cWS.png

Day 6 March 3rd - Honestly, I might be busy this day so I don't have much planned, but I might do a combination of day 2+4 of recruiting new members and posting a lot.

Day 7 March 4th - Evaluation day, essentially it's just day 1 again, PM me if you think something needs changed and if you like any changes I may of made. Comments, concerns idea etc. are welcome. A simple " Hey Ez, this was a good idea" is welcome if you can't think of anything.

This is essentially the 7 day plan, remember to PM me if you have any question/concerns/criticism etc.

This was a good idea, it helped TEB a lot!
Why don't we do it again? There's no reason not!
It would improve the Brigade, make it 3rd tier!
As for pulling it off, though... oh dear.

QUOTE (Dess @ Jun 7 2012, 02:32 PM)
So, we now have a reputation system.
Here's how it works-

To see who's the most respected person on the forums, you'll be given the opportunity to increase or decrease someone's reputation once a week.

Use it as a way to say thanks or troll!

We got the rep system, this is gonna go well!
How could this possibly go any way but swell?

QUOTE (Vansalon @ Jun 11 2012, 11:19 PM)
Several times this feature has been abused, and while it doesn't directly affect anyone, having an extra number to keep track of is annoying and it leads to flaming and abuse. Example: Devon openly insults me in his avatar, and I -1 him for it, and he -1s me JUST for lowering his rep. He is by far my least favorite member for other reasons anyway.
The only other forum I go to this is on, it's been there for a long time, and it just leads to flaming and abuse, so much they had to disable the feature for mods.
I say it should go. Just annoying and causes dissension.

Dang it, Vansalon, just gotta prove me wrong
But it looks like it stayed, so it sure ain't gone!
Don't laugh at my words, that was a hard rhyme to make
Now I'm depressed, I'mma eat me some steak.

QUOTE (Dess @ Jul 4 2012, 12:39 AM)
Woah, to say the least I would've never imagined for this to be even feasibly possible.
It's been an emotional journey to say the least, but watching my baby grow up this much is just baffling; and it's all thanks to you.  Yep, you.

HAPPY 4th ANNIVERSARY
Without a doubt, what makes TEB unique is our character- rule 11.
We have a community of extraordinary individuals; here, no one is a jimmy member- a nobody, we're welcoming and diverse!
Yes, what sets us apart is not our merits, our fame, our talents; we are set apart by YOU, our members.

From the cheesy memes, to the ridiculous forum impersonations, or to our simple loose and quirky humor, TEB is a family of strong bonds forged through our genuine care for one another.
This has proven more than enough to have kept us alive and kicking for 4 years. 
That's right, 4 AMAZING YEARS!!
Watching us grow to such heights yet maintain what makes us who we are has filled me with such pride.
It's the greatest honor to be able to call myself the administrator of this glorious community and for that you have my deepest thanks.

Happy 4th of July, and Happy Birthday The Emblem Brigade!

As tradition goes, please have a cake.
user posted image

We've made it real far, of that I am sure.
We've lost some good members, but we've gained even more.
Can we make it five year? I bet we can!
We've made it this far, and farther we am!

QUOTE (Dath @ Oct 25 2012, 10:46 PM)
I'd like to announce a complete overhaul of the writing forum as suggested by members here.

You begin now by posting your piece of fiction/writing in the Ongoing Works forum, with a topic being created in the Feedback forum to go along with the same piece of writing. Only the author will post in the Ongoing Works topic, while members who wish to give feedback will post in the, you guessed it, feedback topic.

When the work is completed, a mod or admin will move it to the Completed Works forum, where it will be honored for all time reside from there on out.

For example, say I write a Fire Emblem one-shot called Reliance.

In the Ongoing Works forum, I'll create Reliance(in the topic title), Dath (in the topic description).

In the Feedback forum, I'll post a topic stating Reliance Feedback(topic title), and Dath (topic description.)

Since it's a one-shot, it will immediately be moved to Completed Works, but for chapter-esque writings, it will stay in the Ongoing Works forum until completed.

Hopefully, this will make the writing forum easier to navigate and more professional  appearing as well.

--Dath, Sqawl, and Cam.

Writing is sorted, now easy to find.
How it was before was bad for your eyes.
Now that we're changed it up, reading will be easy
I bet I'm right, or my name's McSleazy.

QUOTE (Sqawl. @ Dec 30 2012, 04:47 PM)
Well, I'm gonna continue messing around with javascript/html.
If I'm lucky, I'll end up with a completed tool that can help write events.

If you'd like to play around with what I have so far:
HERE YA GO

First of all, a few warnings:
- DON'T USE INTERNET EXPLORER. This thing works best in Firefox (since I use Firefox). It works in Chrome too for now, but that could change.
- DON'T REFRESH THE PAGE. You'll lose stuff. I'll find out a way to save stuff even if you refresh the page, but for now, don't do it.
- THIS TOOL IS STILL INCOMPLETE.  So if some features don't work, just assume I haven't gotten to it yet.  Feel free to PM me if you have any concerns.
- THIS TOOL CAN CRASH AT ANY TIME.  Due to incompleteness and me playing around with the code every once in a while.

Instructions will eventually be made available.  For now, see if you can figure out how to use it/break it.
If you do break it, please pm me with a detailed description of how you broke it, so I can add the bug to my TODO list if I haven't already.

TODO LIST
UPDATED ON 2/17/13
/******* TODO LIST *****************************
In General (Reminder notes to self)
* Clean up code
* Use external css instead of spamming the html style attribute
* Comment stuff (search for "COMMENTS UNFINISHED BELOW THIS LINE" to continue commenting, yay)
* Make it so that refreshing the page doesn't delete everything...
   Save stuff with cookies or something.  YAY COOKIES.
* Figure out the best way to access EA directly through command-line shell or
   something without making the browser think it's a huge security risk

Unit Blocks Editor 
* Add missing class sprites (Zhack):
  - Birdy (Enemy, NPC)
  - WSaint
  - Pistoleer/Pistoleer_F
  - Trooper/Trooper_F

* Display some loading text/gif when maps are being loaded

Event Writer
* Finish IF/ELSE conditions (Ha...Haha...WRRRRRRRRRY)
* Make the "close event actions" block sort itself properly depending
   on the opening event action's position in the event block
* Add the option to edit existing event actions
* Add a pointer (like in the default event blocks) to point to
   where the next fight action will be inserted for scripted fight events
* Error: Invalid pointer names are still added even after displaying error message
* Error: Map pointer images are acting weird

Event Output
* Allow user to choose if they want their code commented (hmmm...)

Conditions
* Make an "edit" option available
* AREA, draw rectangles with the canvas element
* Allow user to manage available event ids (add/edit/delete)
* Selected condition arrow

Test...STUFF...

Possible Future Tools
* Tile change events
* Reading in user's event files
* Converting event files written for older EA versions to EA v.9.10 format
  (Parser/lexer for EA code)
* FE8 event writer

********************************************/

Enjoy.

Holy sh*t, Cedar, you made a nice tool.
This can make events, even for a fool.
Sure, it ain't done, but it's a solo project
This's gotta be hard, unlike beating Team Rocket
So cut her some slack, don't make her feel bad.
And if you steal this, you're going down fast.

--------------------
My hack is still relevant!

Or you can watch some of my YouTube vidoes!

Personality schtuff:

Pokemon:
user posted image
Not sure if offended or proud because Mewtwo.

Fire Emblem:
user posted image

My resume
Welcome to the Friend Zone, I am your tour guide today.

If you look to your left, you will see the Waterfall of Tears. These are the tears shed every day, by boys across the world. Do not drink the tears, because, in large amounts, they taste like salt water. This waterfall is our main source of income, as we sell these tears to witches interested in using children's tears in a potion. Remember this, it will be on the test.

If you look on your brochure, you'll see the amount of people who've escaped the Friend Zone permanently. Can't find it? Exactly.

On your right, you'll see our cardiologist, eating in the dining room located next to the generic-outdoor-place-to-play. I'll go ahead and tell you, although there's always an idiot or two who ignores me: No, he cannot fix broken hearts. He told me to warn you that the first... let's go with idiot, the first idiot who asks him to fix their broken heart will die from a heart attack.

Oh, we're arriving. Now, your sleeping areas are separated into male and female dormitories. You cannot be in the other genders' dormitory after dark, because the last thing we need is for everyone to be having nonstop sex. If you're homosexual, we ask that you refrain from nonstop sex. And if any of you masturbate, please clean it up; we don't want to.

This will conclude your tour of the Friend Zone.

A wall of text explaining why tanks don't fare well in Gauntlets:
The issue about tanks in Gauntlets is; they can happily mow down an army of regular units in regular gameplay. If their speed is on the low side, the enemies are generally wielding ridiculously heavy weapons anyways, putting them at nearly 0 speed. And your tank can probably just knock out any threat in a single blow anyways.
In the arena, that's not true.
In the arena, your enemy will happily pull out some silver weapons, and use them. The weapon triangle will only help slightly.That one point of damage isn't too important when the enemy is critting your for 60 in a single blow.
Your defense may be high, but the enemy isn't limited by such paltry things like "caps."
You see, the people in the arena are just various incarnations of Marcus.
Marcus is not limited by stat caps, he just chooses to hold back to give the enemy a chance.
However, in the arena, he lessens his restraint. He gives you but one concession: That he doesn't just pull out his wang and end your life. And he is not merciless, he lets you run. Of course, since when can tanks run? If Marcus wanted, he could chase you, but he feels bad for you, tank, who made the mistake of entering his vacation home.

Quotes
[1:10:03 AM] Flame Emblem: user posted image

(Flame Emblem): Right now I'm wondering why a steel sword has the extra-damage flashing icon when a bishop is healing the wielder
[1:10:16 AM] Vansalon: lolwut
[1:10:23 AM] Cevian: lolwut
[1:10user posted image7 AM] Sqawl: lolwut

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Vansalon: I was just wondering how the guy who runs life orb shedinja was teaching people how to play

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

QUOTE (Vansalon @ Jun 14 2013, 03:16 PM)
The priest looked grimly at the rider bearing down on him, sword drawn. However, the man nimbly evaded both of Jackson's attacks, an incredible feat that could make him go down in history.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[6:00:25 PM] Flame Emblem: Poor Herrik, forced to live without Fla- *destroyed*
[6:00:53 PM] Sqawldalah: I'm sure he'll be fast friends with Blai--wait he isn't female never mind
[6:00:56 PM] Sqawldalah: ;3c
[6:01:26 PM] Jeiganman: lol
[6:01:27 PM | Edited 6:01:45 PM] Sqawldalah: <s>[s][/s]

PMEmail Poster
^
 Posted: Mar 18 2013, 07:24 AM
Quote Post

Marcus > Jeigan
Group Icon

Donate

QUOTE (Sqawl @ Mar 4 2013, 01:31 AM)
TEB SPRING ACTIVITY RALLY... part II!

That's right; the posting week that Ezra hosted roughly around this time last year is becoming a seasonal event here on TEB!
LEND YOUR SUPPORT AS WE TRAVEL THE PATH TO GLORY!

anyway
THE GREAT SQAWLINSKI welcomes you to the second TEB Spring Posting Rally! Please, try to keep your lusty stares and cries of adoration to a minimum.

I--I mean THE GREAT SQAWLINSKI is taking up Ezra's torch this Spring in an attempt at a wild frenzy of activity! THE GREAT SQAWLINSKI encourages you to join and do your best to keep up!

AND WHAT BETTER A DAY TO START ON THAN MARCH FOURTH? ("march forth!")

PLEASE, IF ONLY FOR A MOMENT, CEASE YOUR ATTEMPTS TO BATHE IN THE GREAT SQAWLINSKI'S GLORIOUS FACIAL HAIR AS HE NAMES THE OCCASION...

To begin with, the fourth of March is the day that we march forth! Ergo, CRITICISM DAY! I wish for you brigadiers to make known any criticism you have about this site! Too much leg, needs something with a little more lace, would look absolutely GORGEOUS with hair like so... oh, right, or boring stuff like "this banner isn't working" or "the rep system still sucks" or whatever.
ANYWAY! Post often, and post well! Make every post count! And if we are successful, then perhaps, MAYBE, I might have something special in store for when next Monday rolls around!

THE SCHEDULE SO FAR:

Monday: Criticism Day

Tuesday: Discussion/Spam Day

Wednesday:
Forum Game Day

Thursday:
Day of the Arts

Friday: Mystery Day

Saturday: Fire Emblem Day

Sunday:POSTING FRENZY DAY

???:

FOR THE BRIGADE! URA! URA! URA!

We posted tons again, we posted nonstop
We posted so much, it was over the top! (See, Sqawl? I can make rhymes.)
Sqawl brought this back, 'cuz he's not a bore!
And we did it, one more, but improved from before!

--------------------

Personality schtuff:

Pokemon:
user posted image

Fire Emblem:
user posted image

My resume

If you look to your left, you will see the Waterfall of Tears. These are the tears shed every day, by boys across the world. Do not drink the tears, because, in large amounts, they taste like salt water. This waterfall is our main source of income, as we sell these tears to witches interested in using children's tears in a potion. Remember this, it will be on the test.

If you look on your brochure, you'll see the amount of people who've escaped the Friend Zone permanently. Can't find it? Exactly.

On your right, you'll see our cardiologist, eating in the dining room located next to the generic-outdoor-place-to-play. I'll go ahead and tell you, although there's always an idiot or two who ignores me: No, he cannot fix broken hearts. He told me to warn you that the first... let's go with idiot, the first idiot who asks him to fix their broken heart will die from a heart attack.

Oh, we're arriving. Now, your sleeping areas are separated into male and female dormitories. You cannot be in the other genders' dormitory after dark, because the last thing we need is for everyone to be having nonstop sex. If you're homosexual, we ask that you refrain from nonstop sex. And if any of you masturbate, please clean it up; we don't want to.

The issue about tanks in Gauntlets is; they can happily mow down an army of regular units in regular gameplay. If their speed is on the low side, the enemies are generally wielding ridiculously heavy weapons anyways, putting them at nearly 0 speed. And your tank can probably just knock out any threat in a single blow anyways.
In the arena, your enemy will happily pull out some silver weapons, and use them. The weapon triangle will only help slightly.That one point of damage isn't too important when the enemy is critting your for 60 in a single blow.
Your defense may be high, but the enemy isn't limited by such paltry things like "caps."
Marcus is not limited by stat caps, he just chooses to hold back to give the enemy a chance.
However, in the arena, he lessens his restraint. He gives you but one concession: That he doesn't just pull out his wang and end your life. And he is not merciless, he lets you run. Of course, since when can tanks run? If Marcus wanted, he could chase you, but he feels bad for you, tank, who made the mistake of entering his vacation home.

Quotes

(Flame Emblem): Right now I'm wondering why a steel sword has the extra-damage flashing icon when a bishop is healing the wielder

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Vansalon: I was just wondering how the guy who runs life orb shedinja was teaching people how to play

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The priest looked grimly at the rider bearing down on him, sword drawn. However, the man nimbly evaded both of Jackson's attacks, an incredible feat that could make him go down in history.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[6:00:53 PM] Sqawldalah: I'm sure he'll be fast friends with Blai--wait he isn't female never mind

PMEmail Poster
^
 Posted: Mar 18 2013, 07:29 AM
Quote Post

Marcus > Jeigan
Group Icon

Donate

QUOTE (Sqawl @ Mar 14 2013, 12:39 AM)
user posted image

I am ecstatic this morning (it's 0:39 shut up) to bring you Forum Emblem, TEB's very own Fire Emblem-based simulation-RPG! Like the Colosseum before it, this is a major roleplaying project that is getting its own forum of the site. Unlike the Colosseum, its moderators will not leave a week after its conception.

Forum Emblem (abbreviation FmEm because FE is already Fire Emblem lol) is a new project, hosted by Vansalon and admin-backed by me, that aims to simulate a Fire Emblem game through forum posting, with roleplaying between chapters, but taking a back seat during the gameplay, which is actually based on stats such as strength and movement just like in FE. We'll be following a campaign of Vansy's making as he posts the maps and situations for the chapters and our characters (attempt to) take them on. If this is successful, I hope to see this later be expanded to a system where anyone can host their own chapters and roleplaying sessions during which their FmEm characters interact with one another.

For more information, head here!

We got a new gimmick, something new to do!
Now we can play together, and try not to lose!
Knowing Vance, though, the bad guys will win.
200+ enemies means I run like the wind

--------------------

Personality schtuff:

Pokemon:
user posted image

Fire Emblem:
user posted image

My resume

Quotes

PMEmail Poster
^
 Posted: Mar 28 2013, 07:24 AM
Quote Post

Marcus > Jeigan
Group Icon

Donate

QUOTE (Sqawl @ Mar 19 2013, 10:37 PM)
The Emblem Brigadier's Handbook

-
[table of contents with click-able links will go here once the thing gets bigger]
-
Introduction

Welcome, Reader, to the Emblem Brigadier's Handbook! This document aims to act as a guide to some key points of the culture of the Emblem Brigade forums. As of the moment, this guide is (to be) divided into four main sections.
The first section of this information session deals with memes, jokes, and other fads and concepts popular within TEB. This includes cookies, shades, leks, wololo, Dathism, and much more.
Section two of the Brigadier's Handbook will include at least a brief description of many personalities within TEB who characterise the site, or have characterised it in the past.
Section three will explain the origins and current state of various groups that TEB members have formed over the years, such as the Crews and other such parties. It will also highlight significant events in the site's history, although I can't promise that I'll get all of them covered.
Section four will entail a short explanation of Project Z, the Fire Embem mod brought to you by the forum's veterans, a look at each playable unit as well as perhaps some enemies, and a retrospective look on a playthrough of the most recent demo by your very own Sqawl.
-
I will try to update this regularly, but I can't make any promises. Nonetheless, this is something that I've been wanting to do, and so I shall attempt to do it!
Part one begins next post.

... This history is redundant, now.
You really did this, Sqawl? Wow.
Just kidding, I couldn't be mad at you
Regardless of anything you could do.
If for some reason, however, you cannot finish
You know where I am, and I'm... not Danish. *facepalm*

--------------------

Personality schtuff:

Pokemon:
user posted image

Fire Emblem:
user posted image

My resume

Quotes

PMEmail Poster
^
 Posted: Mar 30 2013, 09:54 PM
Quote Post

you'll cowards don't even smoke crack
Group Icon

Group: Nomad Trooper
Gold: 5,550

Donate
Member No.: 273

Awards: None

Or, you're not *Finnish.

--------------------
PM
^
 Posted: Mar 30 2013, 10:00 PM
Quote Post

Marcus > Jeigan
Group Icon

Donate

Wrong topic, bro. That's what "Feedback" is for. Sorry.

--------------------

Personality schtuff:

Pokemon:
user posted image

Fire Emblem:
user posted image

My resume

Quotes

PMEmail Poster
^
 Posted: Apr 4 2013, 07:18 AM
Quote Post

Marcus > Jeigan
Group Icon

Donate

QUOTE (Dess @ Apr 1 2013, 10:44 AM)
From today onward, we will be the princess brigade!
I hope all of you are welcome to the lovely new layout and banner, this is truly a fabulous day!
I pray all my fellow princesses will enjoy the new decision and let us proceed to be merry and happy http://i.imgur.com/aJs9cWS.png

The princesses...
The horror...
Sorry, it's too traumatic to rhyme about...

--------------------

Personality schtuff:

Pokemon:
user posted image

Fire Emblem:
user posted image

My resume

Quotes

PMEmail Poster
^
 Posted: May 12 2013, 10:54 PM
Quote Post

Marcus > Jeigan
Group Icon

Donate

QUOTE (Ariel @ May 11 2013, 11:28 AM)
Alright my darlings, I know I haven't been too active recently- but since summer is coming up I'll be alot more involved with my baby the forum.  So, to kick things off, I want to begin with a little secret event.
Everyone should participate in this!  If you're in, please post a comment below and I'll add you up to the list http://i.imgur.com/aJs9cWS.png
Don't worry, the event won't take much time at all, it's just a short quick idea that will bind the community together more as a family  http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa168/Dinfima/Site%20Stuff/Budgie-1.gif

Okay, it's official
I quit rhyming.
Too much work.

However, I can't wait to see it!

--------------------

Personality schtuff:

Pokemon:
user posted image

Fire Emblem:
user posted image

My resume

Quotes

PMEmail Poster
^
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicFast ReplyStart new topicStart Poll