The Emblem Brigade

Latest Shouts In The Shoutbox -- View The Shoutbox · Rules -  

Pages: (6) 1 2 3 ... Last » ( Go to first unread post ) Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Eye of the Storm, none of them signups 'n shit
Stef'ren
 Posted: Feb 21 2017, 05:20 AM
Quote Post

Knockoff Stefan
Group Icon

Group: Supergeneric
Gold: 12,199
Member Inventory: View

Donate
Member No.: 11

Awards: None

((Whoops, I've been sidetracked by things))
-
Magvel, Year of the Stone 801.
The bustling city of Serafew on the Grado-Renais border.

Despite the state of Grado as a whole, the walled city of Serafew is booming as it always has been, a home to the world of commerce, and a place where scholars of every nation congregate and share knowledge of both the mundane and the magical. Many renowned mercenary companies also call this city home, and strong men and women from all around Magvel flock to their recruitment calls.

What brings you to this grand city?

-
The evening sun hangs lazily in the air.

A somewhat scrawny brown-haired lad, around seventeen, sits head-on-knees in front of one of the busiest taverns in Serafew. His single leather shoulderpad seems too large for him, an empty quiver is propped against the wall, an un-strung bow lies in the crook of his legs, and a dagger has slipped out of it's holster on his leg.
His stomach grumbles at anybody who passes him by, and every few minutes he sighs and mumbles to himself.

"Hungry.."

--------------------
#DRAGONSQUADshasha

QUOTE ( Ryru)

If you train your already good sense of proportion and get a better sense of shading and coloring... ...you really have great odds of being the next great customer around this forums and even FEND, congrats. user posted image
PM
^
 Posted: Mar 4 2017, 02:38 PM
Quote Post

The Original
Group Icon

Group: The True Dath
Gold: 6,550

Donate
Member No.: 9

Awards: 6

"Fetelo, have you been to Serafew before? It's a pretty unique town, right on the border of Renais and Grado. It's almost like a monument to the great alliance between those two nations." Danny said, as they walked through the crowded market.

"It's got almost everything, a shop, a tavern, and even an arena, if you need a little extra money."

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Ysera
 Posted: Mar 4 2017, 02:51 PM
Quote Post

The Prime
Group Icon

Group: Tactician
Gold: 800

Donate
Member No.: 111

Awards: 3

"It's Feleo... F-e-l-e-o." Feleo reminds Daniel again, not sure why he keeps on getting his name wrong... It's like there is, or has been, a person with a similar name here before. But regardless, the young mage wasn't unaware of Serafew reputation... And hopes that he will find the tome he seeks there. If not perhaps a clue to where to find it.

"But yes, I do, Sir Daniel... Any seasoned traveler is aware of this city and the possibilities it provides. If we do find time or perhaps while you acquire a new contract, I would like to browse through the shops... "

--------------------
user posted image

Dream and give yourself permission to envision a You that you choose to be.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

user posted image
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

user posted image
PM
^
Mikuel
 Posted: Mar 4 2017, 03:48 PM
Quote Post

nope, still not dead.
Group Icon

Group: Meatshield
Gold: 550

Donate
Member No.: 140

Awards: 2

Arena was cheering at the two combatants, armored knight and warrior wielding hammer. They had clashed few times, knight being at disadvantage. One good hit from that hammer would render his armor useless and severly hinder his movement and his opponent knew that clearly, swinging at abandon and forcing the slower combatant fall back with each swing until he was backed at wall. With mighty warcry he swung his hammer once more. But this time knight saw chance, dropped down and swung his sword at his opponents kneecaps. Normally this would just have ended with him having hammer through his spine but with the wall in the way of swing arc, his opponent couldn't do anything when he lost his legs. Knight was proclaimed victor and he left with his price money walking outside the arena while counting it.

They payment from the fight was all right most probably but that was not the reason he had went there. Even that place had no idea of the identity and whereabouts of the mage that had stolen everything from him. Just thinking of mages face made Gezan crush one of his coins useless in his gauntlet. Maybe he should rest for while before deciding where to go next... With sigh, silver armored knight walked to next to arenas wall and just dropped down to sit in shade.

--------------------
Someone who has been away for long time, but always keeps trying to come back... Also, a noob.
user posted image
user posted imageuser posted image Thanks half-o-tchy from smilies
PMEmail Poster
^
 Posted: Mar 4 2017, 04:47 PM
Quote Post

The Original
Group Icon

Donate

"Feleo, that's right. I apologize, a long time ago I knew a Fetelo who was also a mage. He just sort of dropped off the grid a while ago, nobody really knew what happened to him." Danny said, with a shrug. Over by the arena, a silver armored man sat down by the wall.

"We should keep moving. I don't actually want to stay in Serafew for very long. I could easily find a contract here, but the more profitable contracts will come along closer to the capital. I have a bad feeling something is going to happen during the succession. I met Prince Lyon once, he's a bit soft, but a damn good man."

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Ysera
 Posted: Mar 4 2017, 04:54 PM
Quote Post

The Prime
Group Icon

Donate

"Is he now? I heard differently." Feleo mentions and shortly glances over to the silver clad knight at the wall.

"... So we do not have much time? Hm... Not even a few moments to spare?"

--------------------
user posted image

user posted image

user posted image
PM
^
 Posted: Mar 4 2017, 05:29 PM
Quote Post

The Original
Group Icon

Donate

"We have enough time to browse until I find my contact. The only reason we had to come nearly to Renais was to deliver a message to my contact. Otherwise we could have easily gotten to Grado Keep by now. If you want to do some shopping now, I can meet you by the gate in an hours time." Danny said, looking around for his contact.

Stroud said I was looking for a brown haired teen. Gods forbid he give me any more details than that.

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Ysera
 Posted: Mar 4 2017, 05:40 PM
Quote Post

The Prime
Group Icon

Donate

"You mean the one you vaguely even have a description of? Perhaps it would be wise if we both go to the market then... It's where most of the people are. That or the local tavern." The mage suggests before he stops, looking up at the sky. He lifts one hand to shield his eyes a little, measuring what time it must be right now.

"... Perhaps asking around wouldn't be such a wrong idea either."

--------------------
user posted image

user posted image

user posted image
PM
^
 Posted: Mar 4 2017, 05:50 PM
Quote Post

The Original
Group Icon

Donate

"Very true. So you never explained what it was you were looking for when you asked if you could come with me to Grado." Danny asked as they walked to the market.

"Something tells me you're not looking to join up with a merc crew, and you look like you could handle yourself in a fight, so protection seems unlikely."

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Stef'ren
 Posted: Mar 4 2017, 05:57 PM
Quote Post

Knockoff Stefan
Group Icon

Donate

The sullen and starving teen mumbles some expletives under his breath, sheathes his dagger, and leans back, and stares at the dusk sky above him.
That big ol' brute told me I was supposed to meet some puffed up big-shot from the desert...
"Auugghhhhhh... He must've been yankin' my chain, of course there was no way I'd get to do somethin' important!" He sighs yet again, then looks about the crowd going to and from the marketplace. His eyes lock onto some weird-haired guy about his age, and the scruffy looking man by him.

--------------------
#DRAGONSQUADshasha

QUOTE ( Ryru)

If you train your already good sense of proportion and get a better sense of shading and coloring... ...you really have great odds of being the next great customer around this forums and even FEND, congrats. user posted image
PM
^
Ysera
 Posted: Mar 4 2017, 06:04 PM
Quote Post

The Prime
Group Icon

Donate

“... I would argue the latter.” Feleo replies as he walks beside Danny, his orange eyes peeled for any magical shops or even rare items. He shortly takes note of the other teen, but dismisses him as potential person they are looking for.
“But... I am looking for a tome that has been lost in Grado, from a powerful wizard who passed on just a few mere years ago. His research is what interests me... Though I am certain all that magical talk would bore you if I explained what it is... ”
Partially his words are true. While it was forbidden arts he sought, it was also very complicated... No mere man would understand it without even having a clue about the basics of magic.

--------------------
user posted image

user posted image

user posted image
PM
^
 Posted: Mar 4 2017, 06:06 PM
Quote Post

The Original
Group Icon

Donate

"Ah I see. I don't claim to be very knowledgeable about magic, once the court sorcerer in Grado determined I had no affinity for it, it remained absent from my lessons. However, perhaps you can explain a little more about the tome you search for. Perhaps I could help you find it."

Danny caught a few words the young man said, and turned.

A young man, with brown hair. Could I really be that lucky?

He turned to look at the man and said very clearly, "A wight sees clearest in the night." If this was his contact, he'd have the other half of the phrase. Otherwise, Danny would just look like an insane person.

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Shamison
 Posted: Mar 4 2017, 06:12 PM
Quote Post

Vanguard
Group Icon

Group: Summoner
Gold: 475,222

Donate
Member No.: 460

Awards: 5

A rift opened up in the sky over Serafew. A clumsy Kevin fell right through and landed in the plaza. The rift swiftly closed up behind him, making any returning to the demon world impossible. Kevin floated up in a daze. Once he cleared his head, he headed towards the tavern to get more information. After entering, he went to the bar and tried to order a drink.

--------------------

ABUSED FOR SELLING COOKIES!
PMEmail Poster
^
Stef'ren
 Posted: Mar 4 2017, 06:19 PM
Quote Post

Knockoff Stefan
Group Icon

Donate

The eyeball's appearance was oddly enough met with very little shock. A few people walking through the street actually noticed the beast and promptly dirtied their pants in terror, but most actively ignored the creature. The barkeep, however, was thoroughly unimpressed, as he thought it was some magus pulling a joke. "You better pay up, bub, I ain't givin' no drink to no two-bit magus without dough up front!"
---
"Oh shit!" The kid jumps upright, totally dumbfounded. "Oh my word! Uh, uh..." He looks around, and frantically collects his gear and attempts to straighten out his shirt collar. "And the...uh..clarion calls!" A few of the patrons leaving from the tavern give the boy the stink eye and go about their way. He's straight as a board, and his eyes are wide open and locked to the face of the man he was here to meet.
OH MY LORD, I WAS ACTUALLY GIVEN WORK!

--------------------
#DRAGONSQUADshasha

QUOTE ( Ryru)

PM
^
Shamison
 Posted: Mar 4 2017, 06:22 PM
Quote Post

Vanguard
Group Icon

Group: Summoner
Gold: 475,222

Donate
Member No.: 460

Awards: 5

"Oh! Oh of course. I cant believe I forgot payment. Silly me, I always forget these things. I think this should be enough?" he said to the barkeep while sliding three gold coins across the bar.

((Its probably best if you don't question where he got them from.))

--------------------

ABUSED FOR SELLING COOKIES!
PMEmail Poster
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic OptionsPages: (6) 1 2 3 ... Last » Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll