And the system is in ruins...
Group Icon

Group: Awakened Veteran
Gold: 0
Member Inventory: View

Donate
Member No.: 176

Awards: 7

The plan was to leave the contest open until we got another entry or enough time had passed, and I believe I can safely say we won't get another entry at this point, so it's time to vote and maybe more people will enter round 2 (which will be hosted by Rob).

There are only two entries for this round, and here they are:

Entry 1; A Poor Reflection by Vansalon; 1,704 words; Prompt 1
Lev Johnson. Avansere Militia Spec Ops, Division III, classified as an energy manipulator. Known to be one of the best of the best in his field of infiltrating secured compounds and then escaping cleanly. Highly augmented and only called upon for sensitive missions.

This certainly qualifies as a sensitive mission... Lev thought. He was clad in standard issue for this type of mission, an armored, soundproof full body suit, complete with helmet that covered his gruff face and sandy blond hair and beard. He carried two weapons; an LRAD rifle, currently in his hand as he crept down the corridor, and a silenced ten millimeter at his waist. The LRAD was set to about 180 decibels, and at about 10Hz. Enough to burst a human head over a few seconds. The pistol was loaded with barbed rounds, designed to catch inside the body and disable an opponent. Not exactly humane, but Lev wasn't paid to be humane.

His latest task was to recover a certain object of interest, the encrypted genetic overwrite codes of the latest line of Infusions, from this facility before the unknown group who had stolen them cracked the encryption and copied them. The thieves had been tracked to this private laboratory, although now that he was inside, Lev knew the "laboratory" guise was a facade. It was closer to a permanent military encampment. He had already seen three guards armed with assault rifles, wearing unmarked body armor. Mercenaries, or a private army. It didn't make any difference.

Stopping quickly as he reached a corner, he flipped on a function of the Integrated Vision Enhancer. Outlines of objects around the corner faded into view on his interface. Of note, there was a door, a guard, and a camera. First order of business was the camera. His own personal brand of manipulation was electricity and electronic devices, hence his classification as an energy manipulator. He set his hand against the wall, feeling the cords that ran through it, connecting cameras and other devices to other rooms. While his ability wasn't refined enough to trace the signals and see through the camera's eyes, it was well within his capability to alter them to cause a feedback loop in the one nearby. It wouldn't be a problem. Now, for the guard. Setting his LRAD rifle against the wall, pointed at the highlighted guard, he mentally turned up the decibels to compensate for the loss of going through a solid object. Changing the frequency to match the lungs, he held the trigger and felt the silent sonic pressure blast through the air, reaching the guard on the other side and going through his chest. Lev heard a muffled choking sound as the guard struggled for breath. Matching the frequencies of his lungs, the agent had shut them down with a prolonged blast. The enemy couldn't breathe until he let him. He counted seconds in his head, knowing precisely how long was necessary. After several, he released the trigger, the guard collapsing in unconsciousness. Much longer would have killed him, but Lev's job wasn't to leave dead enemies.

He padded around the corner, stepping over the guard, and to the door. It was unmarked, but a quick scan with iVision told him it was a computer room. A good find. Even if the codes weren't in there, chances are there would be information telling him where they were. There was a single man, sitting at a terminal. Whether he was armed or not, Lev couldn't tell. Placing his hand on the door, he felt the cables connecting it to the alarm system. The door was unlocked, but if it were opened, a silent alarm would be triggered. Flexing his proverbial muscles, Lev amplified the electricity flowing through that cable, causing a spark that severed the connection. It was safe to open it now. Clipping his LRAD to his side, he drew the pistol, braced himself, and then threw open the door. It wasn't a guard at the terminal, rather a man in a white coat. Probably a hacker trying to break the encryption. Quickly pointing his weapon at the back of the man's head, he said. "Don't make a move, or scream, or I'll put one in your brain." Although visibly trembling, the hacker made no move to turn around or set off an alarm. Closing the door and walking up behind him, Lev cracked him smartly over the back of the head with the handle of his pistol, knocking him out of the chair and into unconsciousness.

Sitting down at the terminal, he looked at the screen. The security protocols were bypassed. Not just unlocked with an access code, but deäctivated completely, or so proclaimed a message in red text in the corner. Glancing at the man, Lev wondered if he wasn't the only person trying to find the genetic codes. But he may as well use the terminal, since the hacker had so kindly disabled the security system. Hands flashing across the keyboard, he brought up a map of the place, checking what was located where. Central computer room... He read. That's probably it. He knew where he was going now. It wasn't that far away.

Stepping out of the room, he closed the door behind him.

It took him several minutes of sneaking and dodging through the corridors to reach his destination. Two guards stood in front of it, standing alert. After disabling the surrounding cameras, Lev set his LRAD to a much higher decibel and fine tuned it's frequency. He didn't have an angle to disable both at once, so he would have to take a more direct approach. He steeled himself, then whirled around the corner, flicking the trigger and releasing a massive wave of ultrasound. The guards staggered and clutched their heads. Their armor was sufficient to stop it from permanently deafening them, but it wasn't pleasant. Before they could regain their senses, Lev was on them. He dropped one with a quick punch, fueled by his augmented strength, and as the other reached for an alarm, he tripped him and then, since he had touched one of the electrical components of the man's armor, discharged a shock that knocked him out. The methods weren't as clean as he would have liked, but it got the job done. He checked the door. This time it was locked, and, as expected, connected to a silent alarm. Disabling the alarm as he had before, he released the locking mechanism by overcharging the ocular scanner.

There was an audible "click" as it unlocked. Before going inside, Lev checked what was beyond the door. It was a large room, larger that perhaps was necessary. There was one man, that he could see, sitting at a table in the center. Drawing his pistol, he burst in the door again, pointing his pistol at the man's back. He was dressed in a brown suit, and was clicking on a laptop on the table in front of him. Surrounded by high tech terminals, and he was decoding one of the government's greatest secrets on a laptop? Or perhaps not. What if he had already decoded it? But regardless...

"Stand up and turn around." He said flatly. "Don't do anything else. If an alarm goes off, you're dead."
Slowly, the man did as he was told. He turned around, and Lev gazed on an old, old face, marred by wrinkles. The man wasn't a threat. Even if he had a weapon, he was far too old to have an Infusion. And Lev Johnson knew for a fact that he didn't. He knew the man. It was David Light, an old old friend of his. Light had watched him grow up. Had known his father. Had looked on in disapproval as Johnson joined the army, had Augment after Augment installed. He was a human conservationist. And he also had the wealth to set something like this up.

"Well, well, well." Light said. "You're perhaps the last person I expected to see come through that door, Johnson."
Not bothering to ask how David knew who he was, Lev replied. "Small talk will get us nowhere, Light. What do you plan to do with the genetic overwrite codes?"
"Create a kill switch. I'll make a signal that will overcharge every single Infusion in Avansere that uses those codes. Everyone born in the last twenty years will die. It will be a cleansing. A chance to start anew, as we were meant to be. Unaugmented, pure."
"And you planned to kill millions of people to satisfy your ideals? What is this, Light? You were never like this." Even Lev was taken aback by the horribly grandiosity of the old man's plans.
"It's the end of the world, Johnson. This world, anyhow. I'd kill everyone on the planet if it would allow mankind a fresh start."
"You won't get the chance to. You'll be in a top security prison before the day is out."
"Perhaps. Perhaps not. But I've already decrypted the codes. I already know the pattern, how these are put together. I see now, that there was never any other way. I can break any other codes this nation's cursed scientists ever make, and I will not remain imprisoned forever. I win, at the end of the day."

Lev knew how to end it. David was right. He would escape eventually, and everyone who lived in Avansere would be endangered. He suddenly realized he had no problem carrying the deed out.

"That's where you're wrong." He told the madman. "You won't see another sunrise."
"Was that a threat? You're a poor reflection of your father, Lev." Light said. "He was a noble man, a righteous man. Or, he was until he gave in, accepted the disease. Allowed you to be corrupted."
"I never pretended to be my father."
One bullet was all it took.

Even as Light fell, his body twitching and blood streaming from his face, Lev strode past him to the laptop. There were the genetic overwrite codes, an innocuous drive plugged into a port in the computer. He snatched them, slipped them into a pocket, and then turned and left.
He didn't look back.

Entry 2: Today, a God Died by Sqawl; 1332 words; Prompts 1 & 2

I can scarcely believe that we have reached this point so easily.
"Grand, isn't it?" asks a man in the seat next to me, his eyes seeming to point in all directions at once. He must be Janvier.
"It certainly is a sight to behold," I reply simply, not very much in the mood for words at the moment. Tonight we dine in the Court of Divine, its massive passageways of marble arches extending into eternity past the simple wooden table that some of the others had carried here.
I am late as usual. Most of the food has already been feasted upon by my colleagues (there are six of us present), but that does not bother me. I find my self in a slight state of bewilderment that anyone would want to eat at a time such as this. There are plans to be made, after all: new laws to be written; mandates to be made. On the other hand, we have already decided on everything long before our dinner, so a sound state of thought is probably not a thing that the majority of the guests gathered here give a care about. I place a piece of some sort of bread on my plate so not to seem rude by taking nothing.

"Quite a nuisance that fellow was, wouldn't you say?" My comrade Meridi practically has to yell across the table to ask the question.
"Indeed," I reply, testing the bread. It will be a pain to eat: it tastes like nothing at all.
"I must suggest the roast ribs," Janvier says, gesturing toward a platter of charred meat near the middle of the table.
"I'll get to them," I mutter, shoving away the pointing arm. "How many did he own?" I ask Meridi at a volume equal to his. "Have we got a number yet?"
"At least a hundred thousand," Meridi says pridefully. "And we're still counting!"
"Hundred... thousand?" In my stupor, I have nearly strangled my self on the bread... Not that I was comfortable in the first place. The table and chairs are all rife with splinters so massive they may as well be skewers for the food. "That's quite the haul," I continue after some coughing.
"You've got some few debtors of your own, haven't you, Demi?" Janvier simply cannot seem to stop bothering me.
"Twenty-eight thousand, two hundred fifty-six," I answer the all-too-common question mechanically, with an exact number. "That isn't including the ones we'll be getting today," I add after I have seen that Janvier's expression has become a disappointed one.
"I daresay you'll have double that number by today's end," Meridi says optimistically. "Quite the haul indeed, for someone like you!"
This reply does not please me in the slightest.
"But it will be more than double, won't it?" I ask, now cautious. "I'll be taking at least fifty per cent of the spoils."
Almost everyone around the table has broken into raucous laughter at this. "You must forgive us, Demi," Janvier tells me in a consoling tone. "This is only your eighth dinner with us, after all."
"Eighth," I repeat. I had thought my self a veteran until now, but apparently I was mistaken to think that thought. "But surely fifty per cent is fair? Would you not attribute me at least fifty per cent of the effort this time?" I had done almost everything the previous excursion: found the holy place, set the seals, handled the weapons— I had even transferred the old fool's debtors to the holding area afterward, all sans assistance. Fifty per cent would be a modest reward: if not for petty courtesy, I would have demanded ninety per cent.
"W-Well, we have the continent cornered," Janvier stammers, attempting a topic change. "Surely a bit of celebration is in order for the lot of us. Come now, Demi, you must learn to laugh with us even if it is at your self."
"I suppose you've got a point." I smack his jabbing hand away, feigning a giggle. Now I am all the more anxious to secure my spoils. "Can you believe the name they use for the continent, though?" I begin attempting to pronounce the name of the continent in the throaty language of the most recent debtors, everyone at the table following suit. "They make some nice bread, though," I declare once everyone has tired their pharynges so much that they need a moment's rest. The laughter resumes and becomes hoarse as I stare at the flaky, flavorless bread, imitating a philosopher as I pretend to contemplate its nature.
"You are too wonderful, Demi, do you know that?" Meridi says jubilantly. "I propose a toast. To our Demi!" He raises a hand skyward, everyone else following suit before making a fist and pounding the table.
"Where are the drinks, anyway?" I ask after a short silence, trying not to imagine the notion of striking my hand against the jagged wood of the table. The drinkless toast is nothing new, but surely there must be libations of some sort on the way.
"Speaking of the devil," Janvier mutters as he glances— well, Janvier is always looking everywhere, but he still seems to glance eastward.

It is Œuvre, the one whom we always seem to forget about, but it is always a joy to see him entering the room. A strapping gent who is always happy no matter the circumstances, he now carts an open chest of considerable mass toward the table. Inside the chest is a vine: pure green, of great girth, and grown over with perfectly plump grapes of a delightful maroon hue. The vine's tip dripping red wine, Œuvre begins dispersing tall glasses across the table, each filled full with the drink that still forms a deep pool at the bottom of the chest. Finally, still not one of us saying a word, Œuvre heaves the vine out of the chest and slings it across the table, waving a hand toward it before declaring "I present to you: the treasure of Divine!"
I sip my wine as I watch the others dine on the vine of Divine. I am quite alright with only a drink after finishing that most painful bread. However, this was one of the most magnificent of the treasures so far, to be sure: no holy cup could hold a candle to the nectar drank from it.
"So, this 'Divine' fellow," Œuvre starts with an air of curiosity, being the only one who is not busy on grapes or wine. He hadn't attended our most recent event, but that is only because he is currently very well off in comparison to most of us. "How was he dealt with?"
"Fairly elementary stuff," I reply. "Learned some signs from his debtors, set up the seals, and evoked him right into the middle of 'em." Another sip of wine. "Sneaky bastard took seven seals before he'd bow, though... Honestly, I believe that his debtors were just confounded by the excess of signs they were given."
"A try-hard, eh?" Œuvre says, running a finger along a branch of the wine vine as he considered the many signs of Divine.
"Precisely," I conclude with a smile, almost feeling sorry for those debtors who had written entire libraries of books in a vain attempt to understand.
"Œuvre," Janvier murmurs in between slurps, "what say we sweat the details later and let our dear Demi enjoy this fine wine?" At that, the three of us nod.
The throbbing grapes explode into crimson as I watch my comrades bite into them, blood-red juice seeping from their mouths as they wash it down with wine. I move myself a few inches from the table as the redness bleeds down their chins and seeps through the crude, splintered wood, ruining their clothing.
"This vine... is divine!" Meridi roars, the bloody mess flooding over everything and everywhere as everyone laughs harder and louder and stronger.
We have already eaten the body, after all.

Personally, I avoid voting in 1v1s I am participating in unless something about the opposing entry especially strikes me as being superior to mine. In this case, they're more or less evenly matched in my opinion so I see no reason to essentially vote trade with Sqawl.

Voting will probably end in around a week.

--------------------
user posted image
user posted image

user posted image

QUOTE (Duchess of Freege @ Nov 27 2012, 11:47 AM)
Indeed. In the realm of cookies, Vansalon reigns supreme.

QUOTE (Sqawl)
YOUTUUUUBE! WHAT HAST THOU WROUGHT?!

QUOTE (Kiroshima @ Dec 24 2012, 03:28 PM)
And suddenly, nothing happened.

"Eternal twilight would be hell, in both senses of the phrase."

I'LL TAKE THE TRIFORCE OF DINNER TO PROTECT ME

QUOTE (Sqawl)
IT'S VANCE-UEL L. JACKSON!

QUOTE (Sqawl)
What Karida doesn't know is that Kiro will probably be like "YOU ARE CORRECT, MISS KARIDA: FOR YOUR INFORMATION, A HEALER OF THE TEMPLAR CLASS EXISTS AT POSITION X 21 Y 14. I PREDICT HE WILL ARRIVE IN APPROXIMATELY EIGHT TURNS"

QUOTE (Kiroshima)
;p;

QUOTE (Flame Emblem)
You exist to troll me into defeat. That is your purpose in life.

QUOTE (Sqawl)
come back when you're a little
MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM(kaylee)
RICHARD

QUOTE (Sqawl)
Vancuel L. Jackson has HAD IT WITH THIS MOTHAFUCKIN' AMBIGUITY IN THIS MOTHAFUCKIN' ROLEPLAY

QUOTE (Connagh Doohan)
It's like your on the road to being a goth and you're mostly there, but are perpetuallly stopped at an Ice Cream Parlour or something

QUOTE (Sqawl)
Ghandi is trying to learn "Nuclear Hellfire". But, Ghandi can only know four moves.
Delete "Peace" for "Nuclear Hellfire"?

QUOTE (Flame Emblem)
IGNORANCE IS BLISS AND HE WAS A SPECIAL WALL

lolskypeconvos

[8:09:06 PM] THE ASIAN TRUTH A.K.A JIMMEEEHHH: (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━
[8:09:17 PM] Sqawl: ┬─┬◡ノ(° -°ノ)
[8:09:22 PM] THE ASIAN TRUTH A.K.A JIMMEEEHHH: FFFFFFF
[8:09user posted image5 PM] THE ASIAN TRUTH A.K.A JIMMEEEHHH: (Vಠ益ಠ)>彡┻━
[8:09:46 PM] Sqawl: ┬─┬◡ノ(° -°ノ)
[8:10:02 PM] THE ASIAN TRUTH A.K.A JIMMEEEHHH: (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━彡┻━
[8:10:19 PM | Edited 8:10user posted image3 PM] Sqawl: ┬─┬◡ノ(° -°)\◡┬─┬
[8:10:28 PM] THE ASIAN TRUTH A.K.A JIMMEEEHHH: GRAHHHH
[8:10:29 PM] THE ASIAN TRUTH A.K.A JIMMEEEHHH: (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻
[8:10:51 PM] Sqawl: ┬─┬◡ノ(° -°ノ)
(╯°□°)╯≡≡≡≡≡≡┴┴*(,`~,)┐
[8:10:54 PM] THE ASIAN TRUTH A.K.A JIMMEEEHHH: (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━ ┻
[8:10:57 PM] THE ASIAN TRUTH A.K.A JIMMEEEHHH: IT BROKE

[30:55 PM | Edited 3user posted image1:00 PM] The entire population of America (Flame Emblem): Chromx"Marth"
[31:01 PM] Vansalon: ...lolol
[31:01 PM] Yash: LOL
[31:03 PM] Aura: No comment
[31:08 PM] Yash: you'll understand later

[3user posted image8:57 PM] The entire population of America (Flame Emblem): Emmeryn is unintroduced
[3user posted image9:05 PM] Cevian: I hope you don't fall for her though.

[10:15:05 AM] Sqawl: DAWN OF THE SECOND DAY.
[10:15:19 AM] Vansalon: xD
[10:15:26 AM] Vansalon: ||||||
[10:15:29 AM] The entire population of America: xD
[10:15user posted image9 AM] Sqawl: DOHOHO.
[10:15:47 AM] Vansalon: I don't care that it's not the fourth day; I'm making that reference.

[5:59user posted image3 PM] Yash: I like crap sometimes

[7:09:54 PM] Flame Emblem: I'm surrounded by idio- *shot*
[7:24:17 PM] Aura: Maybe you should stop multiply-- *Stabbed*

Yesterday,

I watched three men die because one man sneezed in a room full of blood and shit and light.

Today,

three more men go in, cheap mops and each other's lives in their hands.

Yesterday,

I watched a man I admired gunned down for leaving a rose for a girl whose life was tattered by trauma she never deserved.

Today,

she doesn't remember, and three halls down I can hear her screaming.

Yesterday,

I watched a group of soldiers go down fighting against the corpses of comrades who'd died before them.

Today,

we test another sample, this time on children.

Yesterday,

I watched five men and women gunned down in an abandoned factory no one cares about.

Today,

it happens again and again. Every eleven seconds. Forever.

Yesterday,

I watched a man sit comfortably in a nice armchair, sipping scotch and laughing as he ordered a woman to simply stop breathing.

Today,

he gets the day off of work detail for good behavior.

Yesterday,

I watched hundreds of men and women in orange jumpsuits herded like animals into empty rooms that filled with gas and fire.

Today,

hundreds more are told they have a chance for a lighter sentence, and a chance to serve their country.

Yesterday,

I watched the world nearly die in a thousand thousand terrible ways. Sometimes we would have had time to scream.

Today,

I'm alive to write about it. You want happy endings? Fuck you.

You're alive to read it.

God help us all.

Cookie if you know where that's from user posted image

Hey, this guide is now a thing. Check it out if you're interested in Roleplaying.

[12:45:45 PM] Firefly Vansalon: btw guys
saying this in advance because it's relevant to planning RP things

I'm going to be out of state June 14-July 18. I officially have a job/internship thing/whatever you want to call it at the Lutheran Camp on mt. Petit Jean, so I'm leaving for there a day before the first week of camp starts (pretty sure I go a day early, anyway).
[12:46:06 PM] Firefly Vansalon: I'll have my phone, of course, but I'll never get a chance to be on except MAYBE sunday nights.
[12:474 PM] Firefly Vansalon: Monday-friday I'll be busy with the actual camp proceedings, saturday I'll be busy cleaning up (along with all the other staff) and sunday morning we'll be starting preperations for the next group.
PM
^
Sqawl
 Posted on Apr 16 2014, 07:20 PM
Quote Post

Group Icon

Group: Sqawly Veteran
Gold: 100

Donate
Member No.: 180

Awards: 6

I also see no reason for voting in the case of being one of a 1v1. Now if someone could break the tie so we can wrap this up and get to the next contest quickly--*shot*

--------------------
PM
^
 Posted on Apr 18 2014, 07:08 PM
Quote Post

And the system is in ruins...
Group Icon

Group: Awakened Veteran
Gold: 0

Donate
Member No.: 176

Awards: 7

I don't think we're going to get any more votes, so closing this.

The winner is...both of us. It's a tie, and we will both choose a single prompt. Rob will be hosting Round 2. So bug him if he doesn't put it up for a week.

--------------------
user posted image
user posted image

user posted image

QUOTE (Duchess of Freege @ Nov 27 2012, 11:47 AM)
Indeed. In the realm of cookies, Vansalon reigns supreme.

QUOTE (Sqawl)
YOUTUUUUBE! WHAT HAST THOU WROUGHT?!

QUOTE (Kiroshima @ Dec 24 2012, 03:28 PM)
And suddenly, nothing happened.

"Eternal twilight would be hell, in both senses of the phrase."

I'LL TAKE THE TRIFORCE OF DINNER TO PROTECT ME

QUOTE (Sqawl)
IT'S VANCE-UEL L. JACKSON!

QUOTE (Sqawl)
What Karida doesn't know is that Kiro will probably be like "YOU ARE CORRECT, MISS KARIDA: FOR YOUR INFORMATION, A HEALER OF THE TEMPLAR CLASS EXISTS AT POSITION X 21 Y 14. I PREDICT HE WILL ARRIVE IN APPROXIMATELY EIGHT TURNS"

QUOTE (Kiroshima)
;p;

QUOTE (Flame Emblem)
You exist to troll me into defeat. That is your purpose in life.

QUOTE (Sqawl)
come back when you're a little
MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM(kaylee)
RICHARD

QUOTE (Sqawl)
Vancuel L. Jackson has HAD IT WITH THIS MOTHAFUCKIN' AMBIGUITY IN THIS MOTHAFUCKIN' ROLEPLAY

QUOTE (Connagh Doohan)
It's like your on the road to being a goth and you're mostly there, but are perpetuallly stopped at an Ice Cream Parlour or something

QUOTE (Sqawl)
Ghandi is trying to learn "Nuclear Hellfire". But, Ghandi can only know four moves.
Delete "Peace" for "Nuclear Hellfire"?

QUOTE (Flame Emblem)
IGNORANCE IS BLISS AND HE WAS A SPECIAL WALL

lolskypeconvos

[8:09:06 PM] THE ASIAN TRUTH A.K.A JIMMEEEHHH: (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━
[8:09:17 PM] Sqawl: ┬─┬◡ノ(° -°ノ)
[8:09:22 PM] THE ASIAN TRUTH A.K.A JIMMEEEHHH: FFFFFFF
[8:09user posted image5 PM] THE ASIAN TRUTH A.K.A JIMMEEEHHH: (Vಠ益ಠ)>彡┻━
[8:09:46 PM] Sqawl: ┬─┬◡ノ(° -°ノ)
[8:10:02 PM] THE ASIAN TRUTH A.K.A JIMMEEEHHH: (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━彡┻━
[8:10:19 PM | Edited 8:10user posted image3 PM] Sqawl: ┬─┬◡ノ(° -°)\◡┬─┬
[8:10:28 PM] THE ASIAN TRUTH A.K.A JIMMEEEHHH: GRAHHHH
[8:10:29 PM] THE ASIAN TRUTH A.K.A JIMMEEEHHH: (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻
[8:10:51 PM] Sqawl: ┬─┬◡ノ(° -°ノ)
(╯°□°)╯≡≡≡≡≡≡┴┴*(,`~,)┐
[8:10:54 PM] THE ASIAN TRUTH A.K.A JIMMEEEHHH: (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━ ┻
[8:10:57 PM] THE ASIAN TRUTH A.K.A JIMMEEEHHH: IT BROKE

[30:55 PM | Edited 3user posted image1:00 PM] The entire population of America (Flame Emblem): Chromx"Marth"
[31:01 PM] Vansalon: ...lolol
[31:01 PM] Yash: LOL
[31:03 PM] Aura: No comment
[31:08 PM] Yash: you'll understand later

[3user posted image8:57 PM] The entire population of America (Flame Emblem): Emmeryn is unintroduced
[3user posted image9:05 PM] Cevian: I hope you don't fall for her though.

[10:15:05 AM] Sqawl: DAWN OF THE SECOND DAY.
[10:15:19 AM] Vansalon: xD
[10:15:26 AM] Vansalon: ||||||
[10:15:29 AM] The entire population of America: xD
[10:15user posted image9 AM] Sqawl: DOHOHO.
[10:15:47 AM] Vansalon: I don't care that it's not the fourth day; I'm making that reference.

[5:59user posted image3 PM] Yash: I like crap sometimes

[7:09:54 PM] Flame Emblem: I'm surrounded by idio- *shot*
[7:24:17 PM] Aura: Maybe you should stop multiply-- *Stabbed*

Yesterday,

I watched three men die because one man sneezed in a room full of blood and shit and light.

Today,

three more men go in, cheap mops and each other's lives in their hands.

Yesterday,

I watched a man I admired gunned down for leaving a rose for a girl whose life was tattered by trauma she never deserved.

Today,

she doesn't remember, and three halls down I can hear her screaming.

Yesterday,

I watched a group of soldiers go down fighting against the corpses of comrades who'd died before them.

Today,

we test another sample, this time on children.

Yesterday,

I watched five men and women gunned down in an abandoned factory no one cares about.

Today,

it happens again and again. Every eleven seconds. Forever.

Yesterday,

I watched a man sit comfortably in a nice armchair, sipping scotch and laughing as he ordered a woman to simply stop breathing.

Today,

he gets the day off of work detail for good behavior.

Yesterday,

I watched hundreds of men and women in orange jumpsuits herded like animals into empty rooms that filled with gas and fire.

Today,

hundreds more are told they have a chance for a lighter sentence, and a chance to serve their country.

Yesterday,

I watched the world nearly die in a thousand thousand terrible ways. Sometimes we would have had time to scream.

Today,

I'm alive to write about it. You want happy endings? Fuck you.

You're alive to read it.

God help us all.

Cookie if you know where that's from user posted image

Hey, this guide is now a thing. Check it out if you're interested in Roleplaying.

[12:45:45 PM] Firefly Vansalon: btw guys
saying this in advance because it's relevant to planning RP things

I'm going to be out of state June 14-July 18. I officially have a job/internship thing/whatever you want to call it at the Lutheran Camp on mt. Petit Jean, so I'm leaving for there a day before the first week of camp starts (pretty sure I go a day early, anyway).
[12:46:06 PM] Firefly Vansalon: I'll have my phone, of course, but I'll never get a chance to be on except MAYBE sunday nights.
[12:474 PM] Firefly Vansalon: Monday-friday I'll be busy with the actual camp proceedings, saturday I'll be busy cleaning up (along with all the other staff) and sunday morning we'll be starting preperations for the next group.
PM
^
Sqawl
 Posted on Apr 18 2014, 11:38 PM
Quote Post

Group Icon

Group: Sqawly Veteran
Gold: 100

Donate
Member No.: 180

Awards: 6

turns out it was more of a slapfight than a smackdown miritermirite

--------------------
PM
^
Grumpy Uncle Robbel
 Posted on Apr 19 2014, 09:00 AM
Quote Post

Grumpy
Group Icon

Group: Great Knight
Gold: 4,600

Donate
Member No.: 139

Awards: 2

Send me the prompts, eh. I'll set it up when I can.

--------------------
[\Rob/][\boR/][\Rob/][\boR/][\Rob/]

SKYPE CONVERSATIONS
Sqawl: I guess that I should be thankful that it rained during the morning and early afternoon, so I didn't have to hear the FUCKING FIREWORKS then.
Robbel: So it was a fireworks orgy?
Sqawl: yes
Flame Emblem: And they came on my foot
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll