The Emblem Brigade

Latest Shouts In The Shoutbox -- View The Shoutbox · Rules -  

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> The Emblem Brigadier's Handbook, Sqawl's guide to TEB culture and more!
Sqawl
 Posted: Mar 19 2013, 08:37 PM
Quote Post

Group Icon

Group: Sqawly Veteran
Gold: 100
Member Inventory: View

Donate
Member No.: 180

Awards: 6

The Emblem Brigadier's Handbook

-
[table of contents with click-able links will go here once the thing gets bigger]
-
Introduction

Welcome, Reader, to the Emblem Brigadier's Handbook! This document aims to act as a guide to some key points of the culture of the Emblem Brigade forums. As of the moment, this guide is (to be) divided into four main sections.
The first section of this information session deals with memes, jokes, and other fads and concepts popular within TEB. This includes cookies, shades, leks, wololo, Dathism, and much more.
Section two of the Brigadier's Handbook will include at least a brief description of many personalities within TEB who characterise the site, or have characterised it in the past.
Section three will explain the origins and current state of various groups that TEB members have formed over the years, such as the Crews and other such parties. It will also highlight significant events in the site's history, although I can't promise that I'll get all of them covered.
Section four will entail a short explanation of Project Z, the Fire Embem mod brought to you by the forum's veterans, a look at each playable unit as well as perhaps some enemies, and a retrospective look on a playthrough of the most recent demo by your very own Sqawl.
-
I will try to update this regularly, but I can't make any promises. Nonetheless, this is something that I've been wanting to do, and so I shall attempt to do it!
Part one begins next post.

--------------------
PM
^
Sqawl
 Posted: Mar 20 2013, 07:39 AM
Quote Post

Group Icon

Group: Sqawly Veteran
Gold: 100
Member Inventory: View

Donate
Member No.: 180

Awards: 6

Section 1
Brigade-isms: Site Memes and other Popular Concepts

This section covers site memes, fads, popular terms, and other things. This description will probably get more detail once there's stuff to add onto it later.
Also, something to note: Just because I have typed and posted a (sub)section here doesn't mean that it's finished by any means. That is, I reserve the right to come back and add stuff that I forgot!

---

1.1: Cookies and other Food Articles

Cookies
From my understanding, the TEB cookie craze started when Dess added the Cookie item to the Shop with an extremely high price and an unknown effect. This started a "gold rush" of sorts where everyone wanted cookies, and so the site obsession with cookies began.
Cookies can also be found in TEB's Project Z, where they replace Elixirs as the item that restores all of a unit's HP.
Notable TEB cookie-lovers: Ephraim, Ezra, Cedar, Vansalon

Kiwis
"KIWIS... TASTE GOOD." This refers to the fruit and not the bird. Kiwifruits are a favorite fruit of our very own Cedar, who can be seen spontaneously beginning a discussion about them when there is nothing else going on, usually in chats rather than in the forums, and most notably with Kiroshima, who I believe may also have a hand in the kiwi-mania, which, while superseded by cookie-mania, is a thing.
Kiwifruits are brought up in conversation by Kiro during the earlygame of Project Z, although I do not believe that they have their own item like cookies do.
Notable TEB kiwi-lovers: Cedar, Kiroshima

---

1.2: Shades, Beards, and other Peculiar Appearances

Shades
Shades are a TEB essential: perhaps even more so than cookies. Historically, the buzz about shades really picked up during the first TEB Shades Day, where Cedar (with the possible help of others) edited everyone's avatar to be wearing shades. Some members (such as Stefan and PhoenixTears) still have their original Shades Day avatars, where you can see the black-and-white shades that were painted on with love and care.
Later down the line, Cedar made a proclamation that would echo throughout the Brigadier community for the ages to come: "Shades are every day."
What makes Cedar so special? It's simple: she has shades. If the eyes are the windows of the soul, then a good pair of shades is the blinders of the heart. In other words, you become hidden, a true thief of the darkness when you wear shades.
But be careful!
If you lose your shades, you lose your blinders...
And if you lose the blinders of your heart...
You die.
The shades are your soul. Once you put on a good pair of shades... You instantly become 95% shades, 4% water, and 1% garbage.
Lose your shades, you lose your life. That is the golden rule.
-Project Z: pre-Chapter 5 survival tip
(view it in action here, complemented perfectly by Cedar's heart-meltingly adorable voice commentating on the situation.)

---

1.3: Dathology: The study of Dath, Dathing, and Dath-related Articles

Dath: the Man, the Myth, the Legend
One of the oldest and most well-known TEB members, Dath needs no introduction if you've played Project Z before. First an admin, then a veteran, now an admin again, Dath has seen a lot over the days.
But he also HASN'T seen a lot.
Because he left once.
FOR A REALLY LONG TIME.
Which brings us to the next Dathological term...

Dath (verb)
Having a (preferably unannounced) sudden absence that lasts for weeks or even months on end? Congratulations (except think the opposite of congratulation here); you're "pulling a Dath"! Use of this expression spread like wildfire when it made itself apparent upon Dath's return from Dathing. There was another variant suggested by Dath himself, "pulling a Stefan", which usually refers to even LONGER periods of time than a Dath does, but the concept of Stefaning isn't nearly as popular (or catchy because Dath's a dastard anyway) as Dathism, and so it never gained a massive amount of traction.
http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa168/Dinfima/Site%20Stuff/Sup.gif "dath" TEB emoticon

---
coming next:
1.4: NIHilism: Dealing with a Whorse and its Ilk

not finished yet obvs http://i.imgur.com/8gTn00t.png

--------------------
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicFast ReplyStart new topicStart Poll