The Emblem Brigade

Latest Shouts In The Shoutbox -- View The Shoutbox · Rules -  

Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post ) Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Runestar, Come, and watch the world burn
Cevian
 Posted: Apr 28 2014, 03:53 PM
Quote Post

El Psy Kongroo
Group Icon

Group: Supergeneric
Gold: 0
Member Inventory: View

Donate
Member No.: 271

Awards: None

Maya narrowed her eyes a bit as Shem looked over to her in talking about taking her Rune's ability, but her expression reset as Dias said she'd be more useful then someone they gave her power to. She cleared her throat before speaking up. "If I may speak up... Would this nmemonic bonding of the item to someone be permanent? I am asking because if it is not, then I should be able to test the items, correct? Already having a Rune means that it is already known that I have an affinity with them. I mean, of course, after it's tested to the point where it wouldn't endanger me and my ability to use the Rune I already have."
PMEmail Poster
^
 Posted: Apr 28 2014, 04:27 PM
Quote Post

And the system is in ruins...
Group Icon

Group: Awakened Veteran

Donate
Member No.: 176

Awards: 7

"The bond would surely be broken if the object was destroyed or the host was killed, but it would be permanent otherwise." Dias said. "Your testing them temporarily would be feasible if transferring the light away from the object before destroying it is easily done."
"That should be possible." Shem put in. "There shouldn't be a great difference in moving the light from the hand and moving the light from a bound object. But we need more Runes to experiment with before we can proceed very much farther. We wouldn't want to risk damaging our only sample."
"Indeed." Dias concurred. "I already have several higher ranking demons on the task. They hunt the area as we speak."
"I expected as much, old boy." Shem said. "When are we going to get up and catch up to ol' Scary-face. anyway?"
"I believe the Cataclysmic Spirit of Terror would prefer that you refer to him with more respect. To answer your question, soon."
"Whatever you say, old boy."

~

The shadows Terrence attacked had been moving against Raeth and Hugo, but stopped as they were struck. Neither was outright killed, but they didn't appreciate being stabbed in the back. They abandoned their original target and stalked toward their assailant.

Kayra had switched to the offensive, converting her aura of light to a shroud of whiteflame. She advanced on the shadows nearest her, causing them to recoil and scream at her. She couldn't keep the shroud up for long, so she hoped to get close enough to outright disintegrate them.

Raeth had brought in several more ghosts and was pushing back at the three shadows fighting him and Hugo, hacking through them seemingly faster than the eye could see. The general had also turned to the offensive, cleaving an arm off of one demon.

As they started falling, several of the demons fell back and formed together, chanting in sync. There was a sound like the rush of flame, and a shimmering screen appeared behind them. Several higher ranking demons emerged from it, growling and speaking guturally. One was tall, built like a bodybuilder, and covered in fur. Two rows of tentacles emerged from his back, slapping at the air around it. It had two massive horns like a deer, strung with oddly shaped skulls. The second was only as tall as a normal human, cloaked in black. No features could be discerned. Nothing about his appearance was especially grotesque, but he seemed to radiate fear regardless. The last could not be compared to anything that walked Astera. It was taller than the buildings around them and multi-segmented like a centipede. Instead of fleshy insect skin, it was covered in scales instead, rearing up on its many legs. Its head was a strange mix of
wyvern and goat, with a scaly neck leading to a draconic snout with slit pupiled goat eyes and long, curved horns like a ram. The shadows fell back behind these horrors as they slowly advanced forward.

~

The vrock leaped out of the way of Blaise's attack and came at him from the side, attempting to imitate the successful technique of its kin.

--------------------
user posted image
user posted image

user posted image

QUOTE (Duchess of Freege @ Nov 27 2012, 11:47 AM)
Indeed. In the realm of cookies, Vansalon reigns supreme.

QUOTE (Sqawl)
YOUTUUUUBE! WHAT HAST THOU WROUGHT?!

QUOTE (Kiroshima @ Dec 24 2012, 03:28 PM)
And suddenly, nothing happened.

"Eternal twilight would be hell, in both senses of the phrase."

I'LL TAKE THE TRIFORCE OF DINNER TO PROTECT ME

QUOTE (Sqawl)
IT'S VANCE-UEL L. JACKSON!

QUOTE (Sqawl)
What Karida doesn't know is that Kiro will probably be like "YOU ARE CORRECT, MISS KARIDA: FOR YOUR INFORMATION, A HEALER OF THE TEMPLAR CLASS EXISTS AT POSITION X 21 Y 14. I PREDICT HE WILL ARRIVE IN APPROXIMATELY EIGHT TURNS"

QUOTE (Kiroshima)
;p;

QUOTE (Flame Emblem)
You exist to troll me into defeat. That is your purpose in life.

QUOTE (Sqawl)
come back when you're a little
MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM(kaylee)
RICHARD

QUOTE (Sqawl)
Vancuel L. Jackson has HAD IT WITH THIS MOTHAFUCKIN' AMBIGUITY IN THIS MOTHAFUCKIN' ROLEPLAY

QUOTE (Connagh Doohan)
It's like your on the road to being a goth and you're mostly there, but are perpetuallly stopped at an Ice Cream Parlour or something

QUOTE (Sqawl)
Ghandi is trying to learn "Nuclear Hellfire". But, Ghandi can only know four moves.
Delete "Peace" for "Nuclear Hellfire"?

QUOTE (Flame Emblem)
IGNORANCE IS BLISS AND HE WAS A SPECIAL WALL

lolskypeconvos

[8:09:06 PM] THE ASIAN TRUTH A.K.A JIMMEEEHHH: (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━
[8:09:17 PM] Sqawl: ┬─┬◡ノ(° -°ノ)
[8:09:22 PM] THE ASIAN TRUTH A.K.A JIMMEEEHHH: FFFFFFF
[8:09user posted image5 PM] THE ASIAN TRUTH A.K.A JIMMEEEHHH: (Vಠ益ಠ)>彡┻━
[8:09:46 PM] Sqawl: ┬─┬◡ノ(° -°ノ)
[8:10:02 PM] THE ASIAN TRUTH A.K.A JIMMEEEHHH: (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━彡┻━
[8:10:19 PM | Edited 8:10user posted image3 PM] Sqawl: ┬─┬◡ノ(° -°)\◡┬─┬
[8:10:28 PM] THE ASIAN TRUTH A.K.A JIMMEEEHHH: GRAHHHH
[8:10:29 PM] THE ASIAN TRUTH A.K.A JIMMEEEHHH: (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻
[8:10:51 PM] Sqawl: ┬─┬◡ノ(° -°ノ)
(╯°□°)╯≡≡≡≡≡≡┴┴*(,`~,)┐
[8:10:54 PM] THE ASIAN TRUTH A.K.A JIMMEEEHHH: (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━ ┻
[8:10:57 PM] THE ASIAN TRUTH A.K.A JIMMEEEHHH: IT BROKE

[30:55 PM | Edited 3user posted image1:00 PM] The entire population of America (Flame Emblem): Chromx"Marth"
[31:01 PM] Vansalon: ...lolol
[31:01 PM] Yash: LOL
[31:03 PM] Aura: No comment
[31:08 PM] Yash: you'll understand later

[3user posted image8:57 PM] The entire population of America (Flame Emblem): Emmeryn is unintroduced
[3user posted image9:05 PM] Cevian: I hope you don't fall for her though.

[10:15:05 AM] Sqawl: DAWN OF THE SECOND DAY.
[10:15:19 AM] Vansalon: xD
[10:15:26 AM] Vansalon: ||||||
[10:15:29 AM] The entire population of America: xD
[10:15user posted image9 AM] Sqawl: DOHOHO.
[10:15:47 AM] Vansalon: I don't care that it's not the fourth day; I'm making that reference.

[5:59user posted image3 PM] Yash: I like crap sometimes

[7:09:54 PM] Flame Emblem: I'm surrounded by idio- *shot*
[7:24:17 PM] Aura: Maybe you should stop multiply-- *Stabbed*

Yesterday,

I watched three men die because one man sneezed in a room full of blood and shit and light.

Today,

three more men go in, cheap mops and each other's lives in their hands.

Yesterday,

I watched a man I admired gunned down for leaving a rose for a girl whose life was tattered by trauma she never deserved.

Today,

she doesn't remember, and three halls down I can hear her screaming.

Yesterday,

I watched a group of soldiers go down fighting against the corpses of comrades who'd died before them.

Today,

we test another sample, this time on children.

Yesterday,

I watched five men and women gunned down in an abandoned factory no one cares about.

Today,

it happens again and again. Every eleven seconds. Forever.

Yesterday,

I watched a man sit comfortably in a nice armchair, sipping scotch and laughing as he ordered a woman to simply stop breathing.

Today,

he gets the day off of work detail for good behavior.

Yesterday,

I watched hundreds of men and women in orange jumpsuits herded like animals into empty rooms that filled with gas and fire.

Today,

hundreds more are told they have a chance for a lighter sentence, and a chance to serve their country.

Yesterday,

I watched the world nearly die in a thousand thousand terrible ways. Sometimes we would have had time to scream.

Today,

I'm alive to write about it. You want happy endings? Fuck you.

You're alive to read it.

God help us all.

Cookie if you know where that's from user posted image

Hey, this guide is now a thing. Check it out if you're interested in Roleplaying.

[12:45:45 PM] Firefly Vansalon: btw guys
saying this in advance because it's relevant to planning RP things

I'm going to be out of state June 14-July 18. I officially have a job/internship thing/whatever you want to call it at the Lutheran Camp on mt. Petit Jean, so I'm leaving for there a day before the first week of camp starts (pretty sure I go a day early, anyway).
[12:46:06 PM] Firefly Vansalon: I'll have my phone, of course, but I'll never get a chance to be on except MAYBE sunday nights.
[12:474 PM] Firefly Vansalon: Monday-friday I'll be busy with the actual camp proceedings, saturday I'll be busy cleaning up (along with all the other staff) and sunday morning we'll be starting preperations for the next group.
PM
^
Sqawl
 Posted: Apr 28 2014, 05:40 PM
Quote Post

Group Icon

Group: Sqawly Veteran
Gold: 100

Donate
Member No.: 180

Awards: 6

Ivan used his rune to disrupt the earth in front of him as the charging shadow lunged out for a punch. His sword hand burning orange, he brought the weapon upwards to slash the thing, only to turn and see a host of new demons, doubtless stronger than simple shadows, arrive.

... Maybe my bow'll come in handy after all, Nattaly thought as she gazed at the titanic demon that had emerged from the screen of flame. She knew that the dark humanoid was the most dangerous, or at least to her— raw fear being easily the most powerful weapon that the demons could brandish for now. She was already putting her sword away and pulling an arrow back in her bow, the burning rune on her hand illuminating her vision. Could runefire strengthen the arrow? Probably not in the conventional sense, although it was something to test out after this fight was over with and the rain was gone— if her bow wasn't spent by then. The bow she had been using was nothing special, so it had degraded quite a bit over the past few days and was due to snap in twain any moment now... but Nattaly estimated that a few more arrows could be loosed from it yet. Getting within spitting distance of these demons was a terrible prospect that she would rather avoid at all costs. Positioning herself near a small wall of sturdy-looking rubble, she took an experimental shot at the black figure, the arrow seeming to make a faint streak through the air as she'd tried to infuse the shot with the most passionate and defiant emotions that she could muster.

Ivan didn't break step as he turned to raise a wall between him in the demons, stone and dirt rising from right to left, followed by the largest stones in the wall loosing their selves into high-speed projectiles, most of them making their way toward the tall furred demon— large enough to hit, but not so large that hitting it would do nothing. He ducked behind the largest of the earthen spires remaining and prepared for the monstrous trio to draw closer, within distance of larger projectiles and sword strikes.
A small fire on his left hand, orange as clay. Was this the form that his energy expending itself took? I'll weaponise it, he thought without any uncertainty after a quick glance at Kayra and Nattaly to make sure they were doing alright. They both were— and there was Terrence in the distance, or at least his semi-illusory swords, which were recognisable now, piercing through several of the shadows.
Ivan saw Hugo down another shadow— it sure was ironic to be fighting for the same side again. As much as the giant of a man radiated resoluteness, Ivan always took care not to call him "sir" during conversation. The general, nowadays a general in name only, was more like a mutual friend than a commandant or even a comrade, which was all the more amusing.

--------------------
PM
^
 Posted: Apr 28 2014, 06:18 PM
Quote Post

Marcus > Jeigan
Group Icon

Group: 3-13 Sniper

Donate
Member No.: 304

Awards: 3

"Hmph, these things seem to learn fairly fast, at least." Blaise remarked, turning towards the bird this time and bracing himself so that he didn't go flying this time. He met the bird mid-charge with a rush of his own, talon meeting lance, talon winning until Blaise managed to outlast the vrock's momentum and he forced it back again. He pursued it before it could catch its balance midair, and took a stab at its wing.

--------------------
My hack is still relevant!

Or you can watch some of my YouTube vidoes!

Personality schtuff:

Pokemon:
user posted image
Not sure if offended or proud because Mewtwo.

Fire Emblem:
user posted image

My resume
Welcome to the Friend Zone, I am your tour guide today.

If you look to your left, you will see the Waterfall of Tears. These are the tears shed every day, by boys across the world. Do not drink the tears, because, in large amounts, they taste like salt water. This waterfall is our main source of income, as we sell these tears to witches interested in using children's tears in a potion. Remember this, it will be on the test.

If you look on your brochure, you'll see the amount of people who've escaped the Friend Zone permanently. Can't find it? Exactly.

On your right, you'll see our cardiologist, eating in the dining room located next to the generic-outdoor-place-to-play. I'll go ahead and tell you, although there's always an idiot or two who ignores me: No, he cannot fix broken hearts. He told me to warn you that the first... let's go with idiot, the first idiot who asks him to fix their broken heart will die from a heart attack.

Oh, we're arriving. Now, your sleeping areas are separated into male and female dormitories. You cannot be in the other genders' dormitory after dark, because the last thing we need is for everyone to be having nonstop sex. If you're homosexual, we ask that you refrain from nonstop sex. And if any of you masturbate, please clean it up; we don't want to.

This will conclude your tour of the Friend Zone.

A wall of text explaining why tanks don't fare well in Gauntlets:
The issue about tanks in Gauntlets is; they can happily mow down an army of regular units in regular gameplay. If their speed is on the low side, the enemies are generally wielding ridiculously heavy weapons anyways, putting them at nearly 0 speed. And your tank can probably just knock out any threat in a single blow anyways.
In the arena, that's not true.
In the arena, your enemy will happily pull out some silver weapons, and use them. The weapon triangle will only help slightly.That one point of damage isn't too important when the enemy is critting your for 60 in a single blow.
Your defense may be high, but the enemy isn't limited by such paltry things like "caps."
You see, the people in the arena are just various incarnations of Marcus.
Marcus is not limited by stat caps, he just chooses to hold back to give the enemy a chance.
However, in the arena, he lessens his restraint. He gives you but one concession: That he doesn't just pull out his wang and end your life. And he is not merciless, he lets you run. Of course, since when can tanks run? If Marcus wanted, he could chase you, but he feels bad for you, tank, who made the mistake of entering his vacation home.

Quotes
[1:10:03 AM] Flame Emblem: user posted image

(Flame Emblem): Right now I'm wondering why a steel sword has the extra-damage flashing icon when a bishop is healing the wielder
[1:10:16 AM] Vansalon: lolwut
[1:10:23 AM] Cevian: lolwut
[1:10user posted image7 AM] Sqawl: lolwut

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Vansalon: I was just wondering how the guy who runs life orb shedinja was teaching people how to play

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

QUOTE (Vansalon @ Jun 14 2013, 03:16 PM)
The priest looked grimly at the rider bearing down on him, sword drawn. However, the man nimbly evaded both of Jackson's attacks, an incredible feat that could make him go down in history.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[6:00:25 PM] Flame Emblem: Poor Herrik, forced to live without Fla- *destroyed*
[6:00:53 PM] Sqawldalah: I'm sure he'll be fast friends with Blai--wait he isn't female never mind
[6:00:56 PM] Sqawldalah: ;3c
[6:01:26 PM] Jeiganman: lol
[6:01:27 PM | Edited 6:01:45 PM] Sqawldalah: <s>[s][/s]

PMEmail Poster
^
Cevian
 Posted: Apr 28 2014, 08:59 PM
Quote Post

El Psy Kongroo
Group Icon

Donate

Pyra looked towards the chanting Shadows as they brought forth the larger demons. Not to let them get too far ahead of the group, she held her hand out and fired a beam at the large demon, in hopes that it's size would help her attack hit it's mark easier.

~

Maya nodded as the two men talked about her inquiries. "It... may be a tad obvious to say this, but whatever object the Rune is moved to, it may be a good idea to transcribe the Rune itself to the object if the process doesn't somehow do that itself. It could have no effect or all of the effect in the world."
PMEmail Poster
^
 Posted: Apr 28 2014, 09:45 PM
Quote Post

Group Icon

Donate

While several shadows stayed back, still chanting, the majority rushed forward ahead of the horrors, attempting to swamp the group. The demon Ivan had fired on started to raise its fist to knock aside the projectiles, but they were too fast. Several bounced off of him leaving small marks. One struck true, burying itself into the fur. The demon bellowed and pulled it out angrily, throwing it aside and trailing a stream of black blood. Meanwhile the shrouded demon Nattaly had attacked raised his hand extremely quickly, bringing up the edge of his tattered black cloak. It seemed to absorb the arrow, the projectile passing through and disappearing. Walking straight through the crowd of shadows, the demon stepped to the front and set his feet, standing motionless. Meanwhile the dragon-centipede slithered lightning fast to the side, releasing sounds halfway between a hiss and roar and smoothly avoiding the beam. It was almost unreal how fast it could move.

~

The vrock Blaise attacked twisted, but made a fatal error. Instead of its wing being struck like was intended, it put its abdomen in the way. The spear pierced its side, and it expired with a guttural scream.

~

"That's the first step of the process." Shem said mildly. "We have to recreate the image on the object."

--------------------
user posted image
user posted image

user posted image

QUOTE (Sqawl)

QUOTE (Sqawl)

QUOTE (Sqawl)
What Karida doesn't know is that Kiro will probably be like "YOU ARE CORRECT, MISS KARIDA: FOR YOUR INFORMATION, A HEALER OF THE TEMPLAR CLASS EXISTS AT POSITION X 21 Y 14. I PREDICT HE WILL ARRIVE IN APPROXIMATELY EIGHT TURNS"

QUOTE (Kiroshima)
;p;

QUOTE (Flame Emblem)

QUOTE (Sqawl)
RICHARD

QUOTE (Sqawl)
Vancuel L. Jackson has HAD IT WITH THIS MOTHAFUCKIN' AMBIGUITY IN THIS MOTHAFUCKIN' ROLEPLAY

QUOTE (Connagh Doohan)
It's like your on the road to being a goth and you're mostly there, but are perpetuallly stopped at an Ice Cream Parlour or something

QUOTE (Sqawl)
Ghandi is trying to learn "Nuclear Hellfire". But, Ghandi can only know four moves.

QUOTE (Flame Emblem)

lolskypeconvos

(╯°□°)╯≡≡≡≡≡≡┴┴*(,`~,)┐

[30:55 PM | Edited 3user posted image1:00 PM] The entire population of America (Flame Emblem): Chromx"Marth"

[3user posted image8:57 PM] The entire population of America (Flame Emblem): Emmeryn is unintroduced

[10:15:47 AM] Vansalon: I don't care that it's not the fourth day; I'm making that reference.

Yesterday,

I watched three men die because one man sneezed in a room full of blood and shit and light.

Today,

Yesterday,

I watched a man I admired gunned down for leaving a rose for a girl whose life was tattered by trauma she never deserved.

Today,

Yesterday,

I watched a group of soldiers go down fighting against the corpses of comrades who'd died before them.

Today,

Yesterday,

I watched five men and women gunned down in an abandoned factory no one cares about.

Today,

Yesterday,

I watched a man sit comfortably in a nice armchair, sipping scotch and laughing as he ordered a woman to simply stop breathing.

Today,

Yesterday,

I watched hundreds of men and women in orange jumpsuits herded like animals into empty rooms that filled with gas and fire.

Today,

hundreds more are told they have a chance for a lighter sentence, and a chance to serve their country.

Yesterday,

I watched the world nearly die in a thousand thousand terrible ways. Sometimes we would have had time to scream.

Today,

You're alive to read it.

God help us all.

Hey, this guide is now a thing. Check it out if you're interested in Roleplaying.

I'm going to be out of state June 14-July 18. I officially have a job/internship thing/whatever you want to call it at the Lutheran Camp on mt. Petit Jean, so I'm leaving for there a day before the first week of camp starts (pretty sure I go a day early, anyway).
[12:46:06 PM] Firefly Vansalon: I'll have my phone, of course, but I'll never get a chance to be on except MAYBE sunday nights.
[12:474 PM] Firefly Vansalon: Monday-friday I'll be busy with the actual camp proceedings, saturday I'll be busy cleaning up (along with all the other staff) and sunday morning we'll be starting preperations for the next group.
PM
^
Sqawl
 Posted: Apr 28 2014, 10:11 PM
Quote Post

Group Icon

Group: Sqawly Veteran
Gold: 100

Donate
Member No.: 180

Awards: 6

Ivan focused on building up the gaps in the wall as the shadows advanced. As he spent more and more soil doing this, the larger chunks of earth that could be better weaponised would become more apparent. The trick was using just enough energy to still have the power to harness those when the time came for that. As dirt piled up quickly into the tall formations made to break up the crowd and make it more manageable, a shadow's swarthy fist rammed through one and Ivan slashed at it without hesitation. The fist replaced by a stump, the shadow reeled back a few steps in what must've been the throatiest curse word Ivan had ever heard. He finished the job of dismantling that spire, dust and pebbles being melded by the rain into mud and flying into the retreating demon in an attempt to confound it momentarily.

The curiosity overrode the frustration for Nattaly in regard to what had just happened— she hadn't seen the demon's reäction to her arrow clearly, but it was still clear that raising one's hand to absorb an arrow was not the conventional way of avoiding it. She withdrew fully behind the cover for a glance at her quiver at the left side of her belt: five arrows left. The arrows or the bow: which one'll run out first? She'd scavenged for arrows over the past several days to keep her supply up, but she was always met with minimal success and found few even in armories. She drew the first of the five remaining and pulled it back, now aiming for the creature that Ivan hit— that one seemed to be a bit more physical than the darkness-shrouded thing. But then she realised that most of the shadows were charging, and loosed the arrow at one of them— several of them, really— as they advanced, judging that the horned creature was probably too far away anyway (and that she should deal with the more immediate danger). The projectile made a faint trail similar to the previous one.
Nattaly slung the bow across her back and drew her sword once again.

--------------------
PM
^
Grumpy Uncle Robbel
 Posted: Apr 30 2014, 05:50 PM
Quote Post

Grumpy
Group Icon

Group: Great Knight
Gold: 4,600

Donate
Member No.: 139

Awards: 2

Koram lunged at the big vrock with his sword, but he missed allowing the creature to bore it's claws in his shoulder. A shot of pain felt trough his massive body, but he quickly restored and punched the vrock away before it could do any more damage. Unable to continue fighting with his broadsword in two hands due to his shoulder injury, he switched stances to a more defensive one, with his sword held in one hand, ready to counter every move.

--------------------
[\Rob/][\boR/][\Rob/][\boR/][\Rob/]

SKYPE CONVERSATIONS
Sqawl: I guess that I should be thankful that it rained during the morning and early afternoon, so I didn't have to hear the FUCKING FIREWORKS then.
Robbel: So it was a fireworks orgy?
Sqawl: yes
Flame Emblem: And they came on my foot
PM
^
Cevian
 Posted: May 2 2014, 02:03 PM
Quote Post

El Psy Kongroo
Group Icon

Donate

The large creature was much faster than it should have to dodge her beam. The three demons would be a problem, but the group of shadows rushing ahead of them needed to be dealt with before they were overrun. Putting the large foes on hold, Pyra ran ahead and started to swing her beam blade at the shadows that had reached the group, trying to make a dent in the enemy's numbers.

~

"Ah. I guess being required would make it obvious then," Maya said in an attempt to make her comment seem a bit less foolish. In her defense this was a new subject for her.
PMEmail Poster
^
 Posted: May 6 2014, 01:03 PM
Quote Post

Group Icon

Donate

The shadow Ivan fought stumbled back, clawing at its face with its remaining hand to clear its vision, but before it could get over its obfuscation it was pushed away by two other shadows rushing the Runebearer.

Nattaly's arrow struck a shadow in the front line in the chest. It shrieked and fell backwards, vainly attempting to remove the projectile, but it fell silent quickly.

The shadows dispersed around her as Pyra made her charge, screaming at her in their coarse language. They looked at her weapon with eyes full of hate even as they retreated. Those who were not quick enough to avoid her did not even have time to emit a cry as the blade sheared through them, dissolving their flesh rather than burning it. The survivors fell back to the chanting group behind them, running around the large demons.

Alek had been skirting the edge of the battlefield to flank the shadows, holding his flask at arms length as if it were some toxic substance. It probably was. At this point he was standing in the shadow of the centipede-dragon, and seemingly unconcerned. It didn't seem to notice him, still slithering along the buildings. He looked purposefully at the chanting group of demons as most of the shadows fell back to join with them. He dropped his sword and uncapped the flask. Attached to the bottom of the cork was a small sheet of soaked paper, inscribed with several glyphs. The concoction immediately started smoke at an alarming rate. The alchemist brought his hand back and hurled the flask as hard as he could at the group of shadows. It burst with a furious light which flickered for several seconds, engulfing the abominations. The large demons suddenly stopped, winking like a failing magelight. Then they vanished without a trace. When the light cleared, it revealed the group of demons laying motionless in the mud. Verias almost casually walked up to them, picking up his sword. He began methodically stabbing them in the neck, moving among the horde.

~

The vrock attempted to press its advantage, snapping and clawing and shrieking at the big man, but it neglected its own defense in the furious attack. Vance stepped in and smoothly skewered it with a two handed stab. The bird-demon released one last sigh before expiring with a gurgle. Vance slid it off the sword with his foot, and it hit the ground with a thud. He looked at Koram. "We better get that treated before it gets infected. Who knows what that thing had on its talons. I'll stay out here while you patch yourself up. Can't leave the entrance unguarded."

--------------------
user posted image
user posted image

user posted image

QUOTE (Sqawl)

QUOTE (Sqawl)

QUOTE (Sqawl)

QUOTE (Kiroshima)
;p;

QUOTE (Flame Emblem)

QUOTE (Sqawl)
RICHARD

QUOTE (Sqawl)

QUOTE (Connagh Doohan)

QUOTE (Sqawl)

QUOTE (Flame Emblem)

lolskypeconvos

(╯°□°)╯≡≡≡≡≡≡┴┴*(,`~,)┐

Yesterday,

Today,

Yesterday,

Today,

Yesterday,

Today,

Yesterday,

Today,

Yesterday,

Today,

Yesterday,

Today,

Yesterday,

Today,

You're alive to read it.

God help us all.

PM
^
Grumpy Uncle Robbel
 Posted: May 6 2014, 05:01 PM
Quote Post

Grumpy
Group Icon

Donate

"Filthy bird-beast-thing" Koram said, spitting towards the direction of the corpse. He looked around for some disinfection herbs or alcohol, but when he couldn't find any, he looked towards the others of the group. "Anyone know where healing stuff is?"

Seraphine sighed and shaked her head. She wasn't at all aware of whatever they had in the shelter, except for a roof, some food and something to sleep on. She had watched the fight and was impressed by the way the two men and the giant wounded man fended off the demon birds.

--------------------

SKYPE CONVERSATIONS
Sqawl: I guess that I should be thankful that it rained during the morning and early afternoon, so I didn't have to hear the FUCKING FIREWORKS then.
PM
^
 Posted: May 9 2014, 10:22 AM
Quote Post

Marcus > Jeigan
Group Icon

Donate

"Healing things? I should have a first-aid kit." Blaise said, running to the doorway, where his pack was, which he opened up and started digging through. "Those are the Magically-Ready Edibles, although how you eat something that tastes like mud is still lost on me... There's a spare lance head... Here's my jerna- gerbi- note book, I'll have to not lose that... that's... I'm not sure, but I put it there for a reason, probably, and here's the first-aid kit!" Blaise stood up, drawing a case out with fairly basic medical supplies and bringing it to Koram.

--------------------

Personality schtuff:

Pokemon:
user posted image

Fire Emblem:
user posted image

My resume

If you look to your left, you will see the Waterfall of Tears. These are the tears shed every day, by boys across the world. Do not drink the tears, because, in large amounts, they taste like salt water. This waterfall is our main source of income, as we sell these tears to witches interested in using children's tears in a potion. Remember this, it will be on the test.

If you look on your brochure, you'll see the amount of people who've escaped the Friend Zone permanently. Can't find it? Exactly.

On your right, you'll see our cardiologist, eating in the dining room located next to the generic-outdoor-place-to-play. I'll go ahead and tell you, although there's always an idiot or two who ignores me: No, he cannot fix broken hearts. He told me to warn you that the first... let's go with idiot, the first idiot who asks him to fix their broken heart will die from a heart attack.

Oh, we're arriving. Now, your sleeping areas are separated into male and female dormitories. You cannot be in the other genders' dormitory after dark, because the last thing we need is for everyone to be having nonstop sex. If you're homosexual, we ask that you refrain from nonstop sex. And if any of you masturbate, please clean it up; we don't want to.

The issue about tanks in Gauntlets is; they can happily mow down an army of regular units in regular gameplay. If their speed is on the low side, the enemies are generally wielding ridiculously heavy weapons anyways, putting them at nearly 0 speed. And your tank can probably just knock out any threat in a single blow anyways.
In the arena, your enemy will happily pull out some silver weapons, and use them. The weapon triangle will only help slightly.That one point of damage isn't too important when the enemy is critting your for 60 in a single blow.
Your defense may be high, but the enemy isn't limited by such paltry things like "caps."
Marcus is not limited by stat caps, he just chooses to hold back to give the enemy a chance.
However, in the arena, he lessens his restraint. He gives you but one concession: That he doesn't just pull out his wang and end your life. And he is not merciless, he lets you run. Of course, since when can tanks run? If Marcus wanted, he could chase you, but he feels bad for you, tank, who made the mistake of entering his vacation home.

Quotes

(Flame Emblem): Right now I'm wondering why a steel sword has the extra-damage flashing icon when a bishop is healing the wielder

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Vansalon: I was just wondering how the guy who runs life orb shedinja was teaching people how to play

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The priest looked grimly at the rider bearing down on him, sword drawn. However, the man nimbly evaded both of Jackson's attacks, an incredible feat that could make him go down in history.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[6:00:53 PM] Sqawldalah: I'm sure he'll be fast friends with Blai--wait he isn't female never mind

PMEmail Poster
^
Grumpy Uncle Robbel
 Posted: May 12 2014, 07:20 AM
Quote Post

Grumpy
Group Icon

Donate

"First-aid kit?" Koram asked, looking at the medical supplies Blaise gave him. They looked a little weird to him, considering normally he healed himself with herbs and bandages, but took it any way. He grabbed a small looking pot which had a little note on it written "disinfection" and opened it. The smell of the containments in the pot was awful and he wondered if it really would help, he still poured everything in the bottle on his wound a smeared it in. A stinging pain was the result and Koram looked at Blaise with disapproving look. "What is this? This only causes pain! This no healing, where is herbs?" Koram demanded to know.

--------------------

SKYPE CONVERSATIONS
PM
^
 Posted: May 12 2014, 09:23 PM
Quote Post

Marcus > Jeigan
Group Icon

Donate

"Uh, I don't carry herbs, this is synpathetic, er, syletic, I mean, produced by humans, not nature. The pain is normal, it just means that the wound would be infected if not for the medicine. I think. I don't know if you were supposed to use the entire bottle, though." Blaise replied, looking through his backpack again just to see if some herbs had magically fell into his pack.

--------------------

Personality schtuff:

Pokemon:
user posted image

Fire Emblem:
user posted image

My resume

Quotes

PMEmail Poster
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic OptionsPages: (2) 1 2  Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll