The Emblem Brigade

Latest Shouts In The Shoutbox -- View The Shoutbox · Rules -  

Pages: (8) 1 2 3 ... Last » ( Go to first unread post ) Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Erde Story, The Earth outshines the Stars
Sqawl
 Posted: Feb 6 2014, 06:36 PM
Quote Post

Group Icon

Group: Sqawly Veteran
Gold: 100
Member Inventory: View

Donate
Member No.: 180

Awards: 6

In the large, circular central room of the Regels, the massive building located in the Leitend which was home to the council of meisters who ruled most of Luftav, the meister Salif scratched a close-cut blue beard and straightened his grey jacket as he waited for his guests to situate themselves. He muttered the names to himself once more as it seemed that their owners were finally arriving: "Aeronwen Pace; Domus Opus; Misty Trih; Celestina Seren, and..." he muttered, momentarily glancing at a note under his sleeve, "... Kilan Hazelwood." Ever the wide-eyed youths. Well, they ARE the ones who change real things and not just laws, he pondered to himself. "I see that you've managed to find your way here," he said as they entered. "I trust that you already know the basic reason why you're gathered here today. Well, I guess you don't know the specifics, but that's why I'm here."
Salif rose from where he had been leaning on a statue of some heroic someone-or-other from days long gone and made his way to the middle of the room, standing atop the seal of the Leitend engraved upon the floor. "Shall we get introductions out of the way? I am Salif, Meister of the Leitend and the one who will be briefing you on... what we need you to do." He paused for a moment. "I'm sure you're wondering why it's you lot specifically who have been summoned here? Quite simply, my cohorts and I have..." He glanced around toward the room's several exits as though someone should have arrived just about now. "... more or less hand-picked you for this little venture." Salif cleared his throat and huffed. "Well, it seems as though Meister Kau is taking his sweet time, so are there any basic questions we'd like to talk about before we get into the meat of things?"

((You guys can control whether you were early or late or whatever, but...))
-

Further up the building, on a balcony overlooking some woods, another council meister waited for a different host of four guests. Meister Vesper turned from the railing, with greying hair, prominent nose, and jacket of an annoying shade of orange, to face his guests. "Etzel Hikari, Tareya Sieglinde, Savas Devlin, and Karitama Engelsch," he listed his guests' names.
"Karida Engelsch, sir," Karida instantly interjected her preferred name before she could stop herself.
"Karida Engelsch, right. Quite well then," Vesper remarked, chuckling. "Very glad you could all come-- I'm very glad that you could all make your way to the Leitend on such short notice, I mean to say. We meisters aren't exactly kind with our deadlines." He chuckled again at his own joke. "I apologise for the rather improvised meeting location, but the Regels is quite busy this time of year, wouldn't you know... Anyway! I'm Meister Vesper pleased to meet you let's not delay any further." He abruptly glanced out at the woods, leaning over the railing before relaxing himself and retreating to where he was before. "You've all been summoned here for a special mission and for a very special reason," he explained, his speech barely louder than a murmur. He seemed to be taking great effort to hold himself back from explaining everything at once, waiting for a response.

((... procrastinating on writing things by writing other things. Legit.))

--------------------
PM
^
 Posted: Feb 6 2014, 06:58 PM
Quote Post

Marcus > Jeigan
Group Icon

Group: 3-13 Sniper
Gold: 0

Donate
Member No.: 304

Awards: 3

Etzel was sitting down, leaning against the wall nearby the doorway leading inside from the balcony. His letter may have told him that he was needed for something, but that was all. Having alternated between running for two hundred paces and walking one hundred paces for the last four days, only stopping to eat, drink, and sleep, he wasn't particularly in the mood for guessing games, or even being awake for much longer. He had a feeling that if this Vesper person droned on for too long, he'd fall asleep, although he was practiced enough at sleeping with his eyes open to probably fake listening should it come to that. "Well, do you want to tell us these special things? Preferably a little louder, please?"

--------------------
My hack is still relevant!

Or you can watch some of my YouTube vidoes!

Personality schtuff:

Pokemon:
user posted image
Not sure if offended or proud because Mewtwo.

Fire Emblem:
user posted image

My resume
Welcome to the Friend Zone, I am your tour guide today.

If you look to your left, you will see the Waterfall of Tears. These are the tears shed every day, by boys across the world. Do not drink the tears, because, in large amounts, they taste like salt water. This waterfall is our main source of income, as we sell these tears to witches interested in using children's tears in a potion. Remember this, it will be on the test.

If you look on your brochure, you'll see the amount of people who've escaped the Friend Zone permanently. Can't find it? Exactly.

On your right, you'll see our cardiologist, eating in the dining room located next to the generic-outdoor-place-to-play. I'll go ahead and tell you, although there's always an idiot or two who ignores me: No, he cannot fix broken hearts. He told me to warn you that the first... let's go with idiot, the first idiot who asks him to fix their broken heart will die from a heart attack.

Oh, we're arriving. Now, your sleeping areas are separated into male and female dormitories. You cannot be in the other genders' dormitory after dark, because the last thing we need is for everyone to be having nonstop sex. If you're homosexual, we ask that you refrain from nonstop sex. And if any of you masturbate, please clean it up; we don't want to.

This will conclude your tour of the Friend Zone.

A wall of text explaining why tanks don't fare well in Gauntlets:
The issue about tanks in Gauntlets is; they can happily mow down an army of regular units in regular gameplay. If their speed is on the low side, the enemies are generally wielding ridiculously heavy weapons anyways, putting them at nearly 0 speed. And your tank can probably just knock out any threat in a single blow anyways.
In the arena, that's not true.
In the arena, your enemy will happily pull out some silver weapons, and use them. The weapon triangle will only help slightly.That one point of damage isn't too important when the enemy is critting your for 60 in a single blow.
Your defense may be high, but the enemy isn't limited by such paltry things like "caps."
You see, the people in the arena are just various incarnations of Marcus.
Marcus is not limited by stat caps, he just chooses to hold back to give the enemy a chance.
However, in the arena, he lessens his restraint. He gives you but one concession: That he doesn't just pull out his wang and end your life. And he is not merciless, he lets you run. Of course, since when can tanks run? If Marcus wanted, he could chase you, but he feels bad for you, tank, who made the mistake of entering his vacation home.

Quotes
[1:10:03 AM] Flame Emblem: user posted image

(Flame Emblem): Right now I'm wondering why a steel sword has the extra-damage flashing icon when a bishop is healing the wielder
[1:10:16 AM] Vansalon: lolwut
[1:10:23 AM] Cevian: lolwut
[1:10user posted image7 AM] Sqawl: lolwut

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Vansalon: I was just wondering how the guy who runs life orb shedinja was teaching people how to play

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

QUOTE (Vansalon @ Jun 14 2013, 03:16 PM)
The priest looked grimly at the rider bearing down on him, sword drawn. However, the man nimbly evaded both of Jackson's attacks, an incredible feat that could make him go down in history.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[6:00:25 PM] Flame Emblem: Poor Herrik, forced to live without Fla- *destroyed*
[6:00:53 PM] Sqawldalah: I'm sure he'll be fast friends with Blai--wait he isn't female never mind
[6:00:56 PM] Sqawldalah: ;3c
[6:01:26 PM] Jeiganman: lol
[6:01:27 PM | Edited 6:01:45 PM] Sqawldalah: <s>[s][/s]

PMEmail Poster
^
 Posted: Feb 6 2014, 07:36 PM
Quote Post

And the system is in ruins...
Group Icon

Group: Awakened Veteran

Donate
Member No.: 176

Awards: 7

Aeronwen was visibly nervous as she entered the Regels, her normally confident facade compromised by the potential enormity of what lay before her. After all, if she had been summoned to do a job for the council themselves, it would be important, wouldn't it? The girl had taken lodging at one of the more expensive Inns in the city, the Lion, and the quality jump compared to her hometown was startlingly visible. The capital city practically radiated regal, elegant prosperity. It was more or less what she had expected. However, past experience told her that crime and corruption lurked even under the brightest of outlooks, so she had placed a simple dweomer on her poleärm, Whitewing, which lay in her room at the Lion Inn, charging it with electricity as a safeguard, and warning the staff of the Inn to avoid handling her weapon, if they had reason to enter her room at all. Perhaps it was something of a paranoid precaution, but without experience in the city Aeronwen could not know.
She had arrived early, almost too early, and had to wait for an awkward ten minutes or so before the others arrived and they were taken to Meister Salif. It had given her time to think, and to admire the palace, which was a shining example of the glory of the capital of Luftav. If they needed her specific skills for the task, what sort of task could it be? She was very proficient in lightning, and to a much lesser extent, fire magic, and mildly competent in most of the other elements, but neither of her areas of expertise carried a great deal of effects that were not flashy or destructive. What would you do with a lightning bolt, after all, other than zap something with it? While that alone would not be cause enough for Aeronwen to question the nature of her task, that combined with the fact that she had made a point of becoming a capable close-range fighter as well aroused her suspicions, and even more so, idle curiosity.
She was almost trembling as she and her group were admitted to see the Meister, but forced herself to be still. She looked around at the people who would be accompanying her, not recognizing anyone. What were their skills, their stories, she wondered. What personal tales had been spun in their lives? What had made them the people they were today, summoned for an audience with a ruling councilman? Almost regretfully, Aeronwen put aside her silent musings and idle speculation as the person she had traveled so far to meet spoke. Knowing immediately what she wished to know when prompted for questions, the girl spoke. "Your Excellency, what is the nature of this task that has been set for us, that it suits us so well?" She meant it in a general sort of way, looking for naught but what sort of events she would have to prepare herself for, be they dangerous or benign. And even more so, her curiosity at the skillsets of her companions, and why they would be so crucial.
In due time. Aeronwen thought.

~

Savas Devlin was in an almost bemused state after traveling through the absolutely grand capital of Luftav. He'd lived well before, but it was nothing compared to the luxurious state the people of this fine city lived in. Although it didn't show, the thief was figuratively turning green with envy. All of the dough he had ever stolen had been put to use for a specific purpose; purchasing his education, food, books, what-have-you. He had never been truly rich because he needed the cash as fast as he stole it. He had at best lived in adequate comfort, never anything of prestige. If he could pull off a heist here...
The larcenous wind mage was snapped back to reality by Etzel speaking. He had paid some attention to his companions as they had entered, but not a great deal. Ignoring the younger boy's comment, he spoke, taking note of the Meister's almost nervous glance down at the trees (at least, that was how Savas interpreted it). "Is there something interesting down there, Your Excellency? I myself never found the forest very exciting." He was adept at idle small talk. It was a good way to size up a verbal "opponent" and quickly learn their mannerisms before getting down to business, where he would put the information to use. It was already obvious the Meister was extremely impatient, wanting to get on with it. That could cause slight problems, but he could cope. He always had.

((I have no idea what the right form of address was, so I defaulted to "Your Excellency" as is standard for a fantasy council member.))

--------------------
user posted image
user posted image

user posted image

QUOTE (Duchess of Freege @ Nov 27 2012, 11:47 AM)
Indeed. In the realm of cookies, Vansalon reigns supreme.

QUOTE (Sqawl)
YOUTUUUUBE! WHAT HAST THOU WROUGHT?!

QUOTE (Kiroshima @ Dec 24 2012, 03:28 PM)
And suddenly, nothing happened.

"Eternal twilight would be hell, in both senses of the phrase."

I'LL TAKE THE TRIFORCE OF DINNER TO PROTECT ME

QUOTE (Sqawl)
IT'S VANCE-UEL L. JACKSON!

QUOTE (Sqawl)
What Karida doesn't know is that Kiro will probably be like "YOU ARE CORRECT, MISS KARIDA: FOR YOUR INFORMATION, A HEALER OF THE TEMPLAR CLASS EXISTS AT POSITION X 21 Y 14. I PREDICT HE WILL ARRIVE IN APPROXIMATELY EIGHT TURNS"

QUOTE (Kiroshima)
;p;

QUOTE (Flame Emblem)
You exist to troll me into defeat. That is your purpose in life.

QUOTE (Sqawl)
come back when you're a little
MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM(kaylee)
RICHARD

QUOTE (Sqawl)
Vancuel L. Jackson has HAD IT WITH THIS MOTHAFUCKIN' AMBIGUITY IN THIS MOTHAFUCKIN' ROLEPLAY

QUOTE (Connagh Doohan)
It's like your on the road to being a goth and you're mostly there, but are perpetuallly stopped at an Ice Cream Parlour or something

QUOTE (Sqawl)
Ghandi is trying to learn "Nuclear Hellfire". But, Ghandi can only know four moves.
Delete "Peace" for "Nuclear Hellfire"?

QUOTE (Flame Emblem)
IGNORANCE IS BLISS AND HE WAS A SPECIAL WALL

lolskypeconvos

[8:09:06 PM] THE ASIAN TRUTH A.K.A JIMMEEEHHH: (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━
[8:09:17 PM] Sqawl: ┬─┬◡ノ(° -°ノ)
[8:09:22 PM] THE ASIAN TRUTH A.K.A JIMMEEEHHH: FFFFFFF
[8:09user posted image5 PM] THE ASIAN TRUTH A.K.A JIMMEEEHHH: (Vಠ益ಠ)>彡┻━
[8:09:46 PM] Sqawl: ┬─┬◡ノ(° -°ノ)
[8:10:02 PM] THE ASIAN TRUTH A.K.A JIMMEEEHHH: (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━彡┻━
[8:10:19 PM | Edited 8:10user posted image3 PM] Sqawl: ┬─┬◡ノ(° -°)\◡┬─┬
[8:10:28 PM] THE ASIAN TRUTH A.K.A JIMMEEEHHH: GRAHHHH
[8:10:29 PM] THE ASIAN TRUTH A.K.A JIMMEEEHHH: (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻
[8:10:51 PM] Sqawl: ┬─┬◡ノ(° -°ノ)
(╯°□°)╯≡≡≡≡≡≡┴┴*(,`~,)┐
[8:10:54 PM] THE ASIAN TRUTH A.K.A JIMMEEEHHH: (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━ ┻
[8:10:57 PM] THE ASIAN TRUTH A.K.A JIMMEEEHHH: IT BROKE

[30:55 PM | Edited 3user posted image1:00 PM] The entire population of America (Flame Emblem): Chromx"Marth"
[31:01 PM] Vansalon: ...lolol
[31:01 PM] Yash: LOL
[31:03 PM] Aura: No comment
[31:08 PM] Yash: you'll understand later

[3user posted image8:57 PM] The entire population of America (Flame Emblem): Emmeryn is unintroduced
[3user posted image9:05 PM] Cevian: I hope you don't fall for her though.

[10:15:05 AM] Sqawl: DAWN OF THE SECOND DAY.
[10:15:19 AM] Vansalon: xD
[10:15:26 AM] Vansalon: ||||||
[10:15:29 AM] The entire population of America: xD
[10:15user posted image9 AM] Sqawl: DOHOHO.
[10:15:47 AM] Vansalon: I don't care that it's not the fourth day; I'm making that reference.

[5:59user posted image3 PM] Yash: I like crap sometimes

[7:09:54 PM] Flame Emblem: I'm surrounded by idio- *shot*
[7:24:17 PM] Aura: Maybe you should stop multiply-- *Stabbed*

Yesterday,

I watched three men die because one man sneezed in a room full of blood and shit and light.

Today,

three more men go in, cheap mops and each other's lives in their hands.

Yesterday,

I watched a man I admired gunned down for leaving a rose for a girl whose life was tattered by trauma she never deserved.

Today,

she doesn't remember, and three halls down I can hear her screaming.

Yesterday,

I watched a group of soldiers go down fighting against the corpses of comrades who'd died before them.

Today,

we test another sample, this time on children.

Yesterday,

I watched five men and women gunned down in an abandoned factory no one cares about.

Today,

it happens again and again. Every eleven seconds. Forever.

Yesterday,

I watched a man sit comfortably in a nice armchair, sipping scotch and laughing as he ordered a woman to simply stop breathing.

Today,

he gets the day off of work detail for good behavior.

Yesterday,

I watched hundreds of men and women in orange jumpsuits herded like animals into empty rooms that filled with gas and fire.

Today,

hundreds more are told they have a chance for a lighter sentence, and a chance to serve their country.

Yesterday,

I watched the world nearly die in a thousand thousand terrible ways. Sometimes we would have had time to scream.

Today,

I'm alive to write about it. You want happy endings? Fuck you.

You're alive to read it.

God help us all.

Cookie if you know where that's from user posted image

Hey, this guide is now a thing. Check it out if you're interested in Roleplaying.

[12:45:45 PM] Firefly Vansalon: btw guys
saying this in advance because it's relevant to planning RP things

I'm going to be out of state June 14-July 18. I officially have a job/internship thing/whatever you want to call it at the Lutheran Camp on mt. Petit Jean, so I'm leaving for there a day before the first week of camp starts (pretty sure I go a day early, anyway).
[12:46:06 PM] Firefly Vansalon: I'll have my phone, of course, but I'll never get a chance to be on except MAYBE sunday nights.
[12:474 PM] Firefly Vansalon: Monday-friday I'll be busy with the actual camp proceedings, saturday I'll be busy cleaning up (along with all the other staff) and sunday morning we'll be starting preperations for the next group.
PM
^
bblues
 Posted: Feb 6 2014, 09:37 PM
Quote Post

@( -_-)==@)`.')
Group Icon

Group: Adorably Active Admin
Gold: 1,050

Donate
Member No.: 45

Celestina looked around the room she had been led to, taking in the extravagance of its construction. The city itself was already in a class of its own, making her hometown look barbaric in comparison, but this building upped the ante once again. The sheer opulence radiated throughout, giving the feeling that this was more than just a mere edifice, that it had been uprooted straight out of a higher plane. Is this how it is to be on top? Must be nice. Tearing her gaze away from the majesty around her, Celestina took another look at the others who had been called into the room. None of them looked familiar, unsurprisingly, although it did lead to the question of why they were here. Not that anybody looked like speaking to each other about it.

She was slightly happy it wasn't one big wind-up, at least, and it wasn't often one got to visit such a place. Furthermore, the research team had been arguing amongst themselves recently over how to proceed, with little movement, so it was nice to be free of the encroaching negative attitude taking hold on some of them. Then again, maybe this was about the research. Maybe they're interested? But why would they call me then? I'm not head of it. It doesn't answer why the others are here either. Before there was a chance to give it any more thought, Celestina and the rest of the group were led into another splendorous room, but with one of the Meisters present, seemingly in thought about something.

The lingering silence in the air was broken by the Meister, who gave a brief little introduction of himself, and that they had been hand-picked for a task. The fact they had all been chosen for one reason or another was unsurprising, but Celestina was unsure what she had to offer. Upon being given the chance, one of the other two girls almost instantly asked the question that was probably on everyone's minds. Celestina wondered if there would be a straight answer, or if that was something that would wait for the Meister's tardy counterpart to arrive. She kept quiet, but was undeniably curious as to where this was all leading.

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Grumpy Uncle Robbel
 Posted: Feb 6 2014, 09:56 PM
Quote Post

Grumpy
Group Icon

Group: Great Knight
Gold: 4,600

Donate
Member No.: 139

Awards: 2

Domus was the very last one to arrive, before the group was led to meister Salif. He didn't really care to go sightseeing in the Leitend nor did he care to look around in the Regels. It was just the same environment he grew up in; Luxury. As they entered the room, Domus quickly glanced around, clearly unimpressed. Considering he had grown up in a wealthy environment, this was just a normal looking room for him. He did notice that some others of the group he was forced to take part of, were impressed by the room and he immediately categorized them in his head as 'poor plebeians'. The meister, however, made him very nervous. It wasn't your everyday thing that not only the meisters would summon you, but even talk to you as equals was even rarer. At the mention of hand-picked for a task, Domus became even more nervous, slightly trembling at the idea he had to do something.

--------------------
[\Rob/][\boR/][\Rob/][\boR/][\Rob/]

SKYPE CONVERSATIONS
Sqawl: I guess that I should be thankful that it rained during the morning and early afternoon, so I didn't have to hear the FUCKING FIREWORKS then.
Robbel: So it was a fireworks orgy?
Sqawl: yes
Flame Emblem: And they came on my foot
PM
^
Cevian
 Posted: Feb 7 2014, 01:04 PM
Quote Post

El Psy Kongroo
Group Icon

Group: Supergeneric

Donate
Member No.: 271

Awards: None

Misty Trih arrived at the room precisely on time, slipping a Pocket Watch into a pocket and pulling out a small notebook and jotting some things down in it as she looked around the room and the various other people in the room, including the Meister. "You need us to do something," She began, not asking but stating. "And due to the vagueness of not only your request for us to be here but also the size of the group and focus on, as least I know in my case, specialization this is something that you want few people to have knowledge about. It's also why you want everyone to be here before you start, so that you discuss it as little as possible in order to avoid someone overhearing it that shouldn't."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Tareya Sieglinde stood off to the side and away from the balcony railing as Meister Vespar. She was still questioning why she was here, and why she had decided to come, and debating just leaving to go back to her much more quiet and comfortable library. Still she stood there silently and waited to see what the Meister had to say, since part of her curiosity was peaked by the fact that she was specifically asked for.
PMEmail Poster
^
Sqawl
 Posted: Feb 7 2014, 02:52 PM
Quote Post

Group Icon

Donate

"Precisely," Salif replied to Misty as another meister arrived from the exit he'd glanced at earlier. Wearing all white, this one was old and grey, but tall-statured and confident-looking as he carried a long box under one arm. "Hello, there! Glad to meet you all," he called as he entered. "Welcome to the world of--"
"What took you so long, Kau?" Salif asked the man, apparently Kau, before he could continue.
"Why, it was Boris asking for another translation," Kau replied. "I saw no reason not to provide assistance." He turned toward their guests, immediately launching into a speech. "My name is Kau. People affectionately refer to me as the Brightstone Professor. For some people, magical amulets are tools. Others use them for ba--"
"Kau, I haven't told them their mission yet because I was waiting for you," Salif grumbled.
"Oh, right, yes," Kau muttered. "May I suggest telling them, then?"
Salif nodded, taking a breath. "You'll understand in just a moment, Miss Pace. Our mission for you concerns an organisation named the Firmament, which you probably wouldn't have heard of unless you did some investigation beforehand. At its core, the Firmament is an underground operation which threatens the economy of Luftav. However, we at the Leitend have our hands tied for the reason that they're keeping tabs on us-- or so we have reason to believe. That's why we've gathered you here. We need you to conduct a clandestine investigation of sorts on our behalf so we can get enough information to drive them out."
"They're intercepting brightstones from our suppliers en masse," Kau continued. "Being a non-renewable resource as well as a great source of power... You understand our grievances, no?"

-

"It-- was just a bird," Vesper quickly said in reply to Savas's question.
"There are still birds here in the autumn, Meister?" Karida asked.
Vesper shook his head. "Messenger birds, not wild ones. I was expecting something, but it turns out the bird wasn't mine or the acquaintance's that I was looking for." His eyes darted in the woods' direction once more before he forced his gaze back toward his guests. "My correspondent actually has relevance to your situation, you see. There is a secret society of sorts who call themselves the Firmament-- they are based close by the Leitend. To make a long story short, they have something that could potentially shake the land by its foundation. I've arranged a meeting with them to discuss what exactly they want, and I would send people from here to do it... but I have reason to suspect that they have already infiltrated the Regels." His speech again became a murmur as he spoke of infiltration. "That's where you four come in... Or rather, that's why you've come."

--------------------
PM
^
Bobosmith
 Posted: Feb 7 2014, 03:05 PM
Quote Post

Passion is life
Group Icon

Group: Mercenary
Gold: 1,150

Donate
Member No.: 316

Awards: None

Late. Of course he was late. Whenever it was something he wasn't used to, he was late. ...This wasn't exactly how he planned on walking right into a Magic Council. "Why on a day like this..." Kilan mumbled himself, running as quick and carefully as he could. He picked out his best clothes-which, even then, were not the most clean or the most fancy-perhaps there was someone in town he could have bought a suit from, but it didn't matter now. He had to keep himself looking nice. He knew that's what you had to do in a place like he was going to-the farm was much more comfortable to be in, in this case. He slowed down his pace as he walked up to the foreboding building He panted, looking up, brushing off his clothes. "What a sight." He murmured to himself. 'Do I just go in, or...?' He thought to himself, itching his head.

--------------------
Please support my project, I've been working on this when you might use the adjective to call me 'young': http://tebrigade.b1.jcink.com/index.php?showtopic=3744

PM
^
 Posted: Feb 7 2014, 04:01 PM
Quote Post

Group Icon

Donate

Aeronwen nodded. "It as you say. I have not heard of this group before." She hesitated. "Will I need to carry arms for this...investigation, Your Excellency?" She said carefully, still unsure of how exactly they would go about doing this. With no knowledge of the organization, she could not know if it would be especially dangerous or the like. She was still nervous about the whole ordeal.

~

Savas smiled. "If you want a negotiator, I think you've made a good choice, Your Excellency. I could convince a mother bird to loan me her nest, eggs and all." He boasted. He felt far more sure of himself now that he knew it would be a diplomatic venture. If he could do anything, it was talk. Now he understood why he was called here irregardless of his more or less average (as he viewed them) magical talents. The Meisters knew who was the best in this business.

--------------------
user posted image
user posted image

user posted image

QUOTE (Sqawl)

QUOTE (Sqawl)

QUOTE (Sqawl)
What Karida doesn't know is that Kiro will probably be like "YOU ARE CORRECT, MISS KARIDA: FOR YOUR INFORMATION, A HEALER OF THE TEMPLAR CLASS EXISTS AT POSITION X 21 Y 14. I PREDICT HE WILL ARRIVE IN APPROXIMATELY EIGHT TURNS"

QUOTE (Kiroshima)
;p;

QUOTE (Flame Emblem)

QUOTE (Sqawl)
RICHARD

QUOTE (Sqawl)
Vancuel L. Jackson has HAD IT WITH THIS MOTHAFUCKIN' AMBIGUITY IN THIS MOTHAFUCKIN' ROLEPLAY

QUOTE (Connagh Doohan)
It's like your on the road to being a goth and you're mostly there, but are perpetuallly stopped at an Ice Cream Parlour or something

QUOTE (Sqawl)
Ghandi is trying to learn "Nuclear Hellfire". But, Ghandi can only know four moves.

QUOTE (Flame Emblem)

lolskypeconvos

(╯°□°)╯≡≡≡≡≡≡┴┴*(,`~,)┐

[30:55 PM | Edited 3user posted image1:00 PM] The entire population of America (Flame Emblem): Chromx"Marth"

[3user posted image8:57 PM] The entire population of America (Flame Emblem): Emmeryn is unintroduced

[10:15:47 AM] Vansalon: I don't care that it's not the fourth day; I'm making that reference.

Yesterday,

I watched three men die because one man sneezed in a room full of blood and shit and light.

Today,

Yesterday,

I watched a man I admired gunned down for leaving a rose for a girl whose life was tattered by trauma she never deserved.

Today,

Yesterday,

I watched a group of soldiers go down fighting against the corpses of comrades who'd died before them.

Today,

Yesterday,

I watched five men and women gunned down in an abandoned factory no one cares about.

Today,

Yesterday,

I watched a man sit comfortably in a nice armchair, sipping scotch and laughing as he ordered a woman to simply stop breathing.

Today,

Yesterday,

I watched hundreds of men and women in orange jumpsuits herded like animals into empty rooms that filled with gas and fire.

Today,

hundreds more are told they have a chance for a lighter sentence, and a chance to serve their country.

Yesterday,

I watched the world nearly die in a thousand thousand terrible ways. Sometimes we would have had time to scream.

Today,

You're alive to read it.

God help us all.

Hey, this guide is now a thing. Check it out if you're interested in Roleplaying.

I'm going to be out of state June 14-July 18. I officially have a job/internship thing/whatever you want to call it at the Lutheran Camp on mt. Petit Jean, so I'm leaving for there a day before the first week of camp starts (pretty sure I go a day early, anyway).
[12:46:06 PM] Firefly Vansalon: I'll have my phone, of course, but I'll never get a chance to be on except MAYBE sunday nights.
[12:474 PM] Firefly Vansalon: Monday-friday I'll be busy with the actual camp proceedings, saturday I'll be busy cleaning up (along with all the other staff) and sunday morning we'll be starting preperations for the next group.
PM
^
bblues
 Posted: Feb 7 2014, 04:50 PM
Quote Post

@( -_-)==@)`.')
Group Icon

Group: Adorably Active Admin
Gold: 1,050

Donate
Member No.: 45

Celestina frowned as Salif and Kau went on. She'd certainly not heard of the group, or of the troubles with brightstone supplies being cut off. None of this was to do with her research at all. Just what in the world have I been called up to? The whole affair seemed like a matter of political maneuverings way beyond her position in society, and the lack of any quick answer was pushing her curiosity into impatience. There was one other part that was bugging her, and Celestina decided to speak up about it. ''Clandestine isn't exactly a word I'd associate with myself.'' It was more of a statement than a question, with a slight hint of irritation.

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
 Posted: Feb 7 2014, 06:19 PM
Quote Post

Marcus > Jeigan
Group Icon

Donate

Sound like another feud between nobles to me. Not that I'm complaining, those generally pay well, maybe I'll get a while to study magic afterwards. Etzel thought, just sitting there, turning the words over in his head for the moment. I'm here, so I doubt that negotiation is the plan. It's not like I'm known for my debating skills. Hearing the slightly older man speak, he look at him, saying, "I expect that in this situation, we'll be silencing the birds and taking the eggs, rather than asking for them, to stop them from stealing our seeds. We're here because if the Regels are infiltrated, then the army can't be mobilized against them, lest traitors interfere with the official process. As an outside force, we're relatively hard to control, because there's no official process to be adhered to. Plus, we're off the books, so if we're captured or killed, the Regels are legally clear as long as we don't carry anything identifying them as the people who sent us." You know, maybe I should be known for my debating skills.

--------------------

Personality schtuff:

Pokemon:
user posted image

Fire Emblem:
user posted image

My resume

If you look to your left, you will see the Waterfall of Tears. These are the tears shed every day, by boys across the world. Do not drink the tears, because, in large amounts, they taste like salt water. This waterfall is our main source of income, as we sell these tears to witches interested in using children's tears in a potion. Remember this, it will be on the test.

If you look on your brochure, you'll see the amount of people who've escaped the Friend Zone permanently. Can't find it? Exactly.

On your right, you'll see our cardiologist, eating in the dining room located next to the generic-outdoor-place-to-play. I'll go ahead and tell you, although there's always an idiot or two who ignores me: No, he cannot fix broken hearts. He told me to warn you that the first... let's go with idiot, the first idiot who asks him to fix their broken heart will die from a heart attack.

Oh, we're arriving. Now, your sleeping areas are separated into male and female dormitories. You cannot be in the other genders' dormitory after dark, because the last thing we need is for everyone to be having nonstop sex. If you're homosexual, we ask that you refrain from nonstop sex. And if any of you masturbate, please clean it up; we don't want to.

The issue about tanks in Gauntlets is; they can happily mow down an army of regular units in regular gameplay. If their speed is on the low side, the enemies are generally wielding ridiculously heavy weapons anyways, putting them at nearly 0 speed. And your tank can probably just knock out any threat in a single blow anyways.
In the arena, your enemy will happily pull out some silver weapons, and use them. The weapon triangle will only help slightly.That one point of damage isn't too important when the enemy is critting your for 60 in a single blow.
Your defense may be high, but the enemy isn't limited by such paltry things like "caps."
Marcus is not limited by stat caps, he just chooses to hold back to give the enemy a chance.
However, in the arena, he lessens his restraint. He gives you but one concession: That he doesn't just pull out his wang and end your life. And he is not merciless, he lets you run. Of course, since when can tanks run? If Marcus wanted, he could chase you, but he feels bad for you, tank, who made the mistake of entering his vacation home.

Quotes

(Flame Emblem): Right now I'm wondering why a steel sword has the extra-damage flashing icon when a bishop is healing the wielder

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Vansalon: I was just wondering how the guy who runs life orb shedinja was teaching people how to play

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The priest looked grimly at the rider bearing down on him, sword drawn. However, the man nimbly evaded both of Jackson's attacks, an incredible feat that could make him go down in history.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[6:00:53 PM] Sqawldalah: I'm sure he'll be fast friends with Blai--wait he isn't female never mind

PMEmail Poster
^
 Posted: Feb 7 2014, 06:46 PM
Quote Post

Group Icon

Donate

"We should not assume our task is to charge in spells blazing until we are told otherwise." Savas said coolly. "The bird does not need to be slain to acquire the prize if she will give it willingly. Always make friends, not enemies. Once you've made a wealthy enemy, you have to look over your shoulder for the rest of your life, hoping one of their assassins isn't already too close to you to be stopped. When you've made a powerful ally, you have a friend to fall back on when in dire straits. Violence is not a universal solution."

--------------------
user posted image
user posted image

user posted image

QUOTE (Sqawl)

QUOTE (Sqawl)

QUOTE (Sqawl)

QUOTE (Kiroshima)
;p;

QUOTE (Flame Emblem)

QUOTE (Sqawl)
RICHARD

QUOTE (Sqawl)

QUOTE (Connagh Doohan)

QUOTE (Sqawl)

QUOTE (Flame Emblem)

lolskypeconvos

(╯°□°)╯≡≡≡≡≡≡┴┴*(,`~,)┐

Yesterday,

Today,

Yesterday,

Today,

Yesterday,

Today,

Yesterday,

Today,

Yesterday,

Today,

Yesterday,

Today,

Yesterday,

Today,

You're alive to read it.

God help us all.

PM
^
 Posted: Feb 7 2014, 09:04 PM
Quote Post

Marcus > Jeigan
Group Icon

Donate

"If these people are so willing to 'shake the land by his foundation', then you'd have to look over your shoulder anyways, because I doubt they'd be unwilling to never do it again just because someone asked them not to if they're willing to do it the first time." Etzel stated. "Allies are better than enemies, to be sure, but not an ally that you have to watch over always for fear of the ally being a traitor. Better to give up any benefits they may offer and end the threat, in order to protect yourself from a dangerous oversight."

--------------------

Personality schtuff:

Pokemon:
user posted image

Fire Emblem:
user posted image

My resume

Quotes

PMEmail Poster
^
 Posted: Feb 7 2014, 09:15 PM
Quote Post

Group Icon

Donate

"You do not simply ask them to stop." Savas retorted. "There are always negotiations; discussions of providing mutual benefit. If you think that the extent of diplomacy is kindly asking someone to cease fire, then you clearly know nothing of what you speak of. And I would rather have an ally who planned to betray me than an enemy already trying to kill me. An enemy avoids you; scorns you. He is difficult to watch. Allies are nearby, and even imminently disloyal ones are easy to keep tabs on. If you do not detect treachery before the fact, you deserved to be betrayed." He almost spat out the last part. This green whelp was beginning to irritate him, and the wind mage didn't need anything from him, so keeping in his good graces wasn't exactly his highest priority.

--------------------
user posted image
user posted image

user posted image

QUOTE (Sqawl)

QUOTE (Sqawl)

QUOTE (Sqawl)

QUOTE (Kiroshima)
;p;

QUOTE (Flame Emblem)

QUOTE (Sqawl)
RICHARD

QUOTE (Sqawl)

QUOTE (Connagh Doohan)

QUOTE (Sqawl)

QUOTE (Flame Emblem)

lolskypeconvos

(╯°□°)╯≡≡≡≡≡≡┴┴*(,`~,)┐

Yesterday,

Today,

Yesterday,

Today,

Yesterday,

Today,

Yesterday,

Today,

Yesterday,

Today,

Yesterday,

Today,

Yesterday,

Today,

You're alive to read it.

God help us all.

PM
^
Sqawl
 Posted: Feb 7 2014, 11:17 PM
Quote Post

Group Icon

Donate

"Arms would be good, most definitely," Salif confirmed. "And here I was thinking that the military did clandestine things all the time," he responded to Celestina next. "Anyway, your talents will all come in use sooner or later."
Kau, meanwhile, seemed to perk up at something far away. He strode a few steps toward the exit before calling "The door's open, you know!" amicably. There appeared to be someone standing outside-- the last guest, no doubt.
"You'll all be heading to one of the... higher districts of the Leitend first," Salif continued explaining as Kilan was finally arriving. "I've seen some grave rumors about some of the more privileged folk here collaborating with "magical societies", and I have little doubt that the Firmament masquerades as one of those societies. Naturally, grave rumors can lead to grave ramifications, so to speak, so we'll be giving you ample means to defend yourselves."
"I do believe that this is where I come in," Kau exclaimed, suddenly back in position. He opened the box that he had been carrying to reveal some carefully-arranged magical amulets, an ovular brightstone set within each. They somewhat varied in color, but had the same unmistakable glow to them. "These, as you can see, are amulets of magic, and binding your spirit to one opens up a world of magical possibilities. If you're interested in performing this task for us, we'll happily loan you one each. And maybe it won't just be a loan if you perform exceptionally..."
"Consider these our contract," Salif added, glancing at the amulets. "I would give you a moment to decide, but time is already short. Are you with us, or shall we send you back to your homes?"

-

"Good old metaphors," Vesper muttered to himself. Of course they would concern birds, he thought as he glanced at the sky another time before speaking up again, listening for a moment to the argument that seemed to be sparking between Etzel and Savas. "Anyway, the good news is that they're still inexperienced at making magical amulets... Although I have no doubt that they'll get their hands on some schematics soon. That's probably why they've got agents here, in fact. But yes, you all likely know why you've been chosen for this by now. Sir Savas and Miss Karida for your negotiating prowess, and Sir Eztel and Miss Tareya for your expertise in... silent arts and magic, respectively."
"I don't quite follow, sir," Karida interjected. "With all due respect, I'm not a prodigy in debate or anything like that..."
"I was not the one who summoned any of you," Vesper replied, "but I did get a chance to look at some of the papers justifying the reasons of those who did. And you, Miss Karida, were described as quite the... polarised student. Excellent marks in magical studies, but barely scraping a passing grade in physical combat training. Most interesting, however, was the letter's claim that you were a prolific personality in your academy."
"Meister, how could you get all this information?" Karida asked.
"We-- the meisters-- can ask whatever we want of whomever we want, whenever we want," Vesper explained. "It isn't hard for us to find nigh-anything. I only wonder what more the one who took interest in you could have found out... How many young men does Karida Engelsch have wrapped around her finger back at home?"
"Th-That's not how it is!" Karida protested against the meister's teasing before she could stop herself. Had all of the conversations she'd enjoyed led up to this?
"Have it your way," Vesper said, amused. "One formidable negotiator and three well-versed students, then. The point is that you're all competent for this task."
Vesper continued at once after another predictable glance aside: "Which I'll be finally getting to if you're finished with initial questions. You'll be meeting with one of the Firmament's lieutenants, a man who calls himself August. I do not know if that is a codename or his actual name, mind you. The meeting place is a building relatively close by, still in the Leitend: the Lion Inn. Perhaps you saw it on your way here." He removed a pouch from his jacket pocket and then removed a series of brightstone-inset amulets. "And perhaps also you're familiar with magical amulets. They are the end product of the Firmament's efforts, after all." He began removing the ring which held together the chains of the amulets for easy carrying. "They've intercepted a number of our brightstones from suppliers-- the location of the brightstone mines being kept secret because they would be so dangerous in the wrong hands. After they learn how to make amulets out of them, it isn't hard to imagine that they'll go searching for the mines." He untangled the amulets' clasps which had become haphazardly jumbled together. "That being said, these will give you somewhat of an edge in your situation, if I may speak lightly... If you'd each choose to accept one?"

--------------------
PM
^
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic OptionsPages: (8) 1 2 3 ... Last » Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll