The Emblem Brigade

Latest Shouts In The Shoutbox -- View The Shoutbox · Rules -  

Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post ) Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Runestar, Come, and watch the world burn
 Posted: Apr 27 2014, 08:29 PM
Quote Post

And the system is in ruins...
Group Icon

Group: Awakened Veteran
Gold: 0
Member Inventory: View

Donate
Member No.: 176

Awards: 7

The storm showed no sign of abating. The lightning still flashed overhead and the thunder perpetually crackled in the distance. The ground was soaking wet from the continual rain. The ghosts were restless, whispering in their incomprehensible spectral voices. Is the storm part of the cataclysm, too? Raeth thought. His spirits crowded around him. If he was being honest, the Runebearer was as anxious as them. It had only been a week since Terror had escaped, but so much had changed. Even in the relatively small distance they had covered, the destruction was evident. They had passed three deserted cities, and had been forced to take refuge in this one, the fourth, when the storm hit. Telaeria's governing system had collapsed incredibly quickly as everyone did whatever they could to survive. He wondered if it was just as bad in other nations. Telaeria had been at the center, of course, but it was unclear just how quickly the demons had spread.
Raeth had noticed subtle changes among the others, things perhaps they didn't even realize. Kayra was the most pronounced, but he didn't dare bring up her mental state with Ivan around. He himself had changed little, as far as he could tell. He had picked up a ragged black longcoat in one of the past towns when the rain had started. It hadn't helped much, but...

Suddenly, the crowd of ghosts' whisper became a shout. They dispersed from around Raeth, scattering into nearby buildings. One remained at his side. The spirits had not fled; he did not keep cowards, ghosts or no. They had positioned themselves to keep watch. One of them had seen something, and it had been passed around. Then the Runebearer saw it too: Several dark shapes moving about in the rain. One of Terror's demons, of intermediate rank. They had no names, so the group had taken to calling them shadows for conciseness during attacks. They were humanoid, but with no features, and their skin was a shiny ebony black. They blended into their namesake extremely well, and could create illusions. They were no slouch in melee combat either, although they carried no mortal weapons. They were stronger than most human athletes, and very heavy. Raeth had a purple bruise on his thigh where one had struck him. The real danger the shadows posed was their illusions; most of the group could fight them and win in direct combat, but that was difficult when horrors flickered in their peripheral vision. As he saw them, he shouted "Shadows!" to the group, who were holed up in one of the more intact houses on this street. He drew his sword and stepped forward. They knew he had seen them, now, so they would abandon their planned surprise attack. But they were just as deadly without an ambush. The Runebearer set his feet and braced himself for the trial that was fighting these things and their illusions.

~

Vance stood uneasily at the door of the small shelter. Mageia's magic barrier had disintegrated as the demons arrived. Noöne could figure out why, yet. Not even Elder Korak, one of the wisest of the Mageians, or Elder Tarea, who maintained the barrier, knew. Both of those Elders were holed up in the emergency shelter behind him, along with several other people, including Celesia, the queen of Keleas, Seraphine, a foreign mage who had been brought back from a mission months ago, and Koram, a mercenary who had fought against Telaeria. There were also, of course, several low ranking soldiers who had taken refuge with them. Aside from Celesia, there was only one other Runebearer among them; a boy named Blaise. He was a strange boy, and Vance had made little conversation with him. The soldier was standing next to him now, also on watch. Tarea had surrounded the shelter with a strong barrier, but they weren't sure what would happen to it if there was a force around that had destroyed the country's barrier, so he and Blaise kept guard.
Vance was snapped out of his musings by a shrill scream and a sound of flapping wings. He looked sharply upward into the dark, cloudy, sky. A small flock of vrocks, aerial demons, hovered above them. They looked about ready to dive. Shouting a warning back into the building, Vance began the incantation of a projectile spell.

~

Dias sat in a makeshfit chair in a small tent, extremely pleased with himself. In the last week, his plot had succeeded, Terror had been unleashed, and chaos had spread throughout the world. Dias also had something new to experiment on. A severed hand with a faded Rune lay on the table in front of him, ready for him to peruse it. He had a theory on something he could do with the starlight, but he had to test it. The hand belonged to the worm who had transported the Runebearers to the temple. He had grown sullen and rebellious, and had also largely outlived his usefullness, so Dias had had him killed so he could have the hand. The other spy, an illusionist, stood next to him. She had chosen to stay with them, for whatever reason, and was much more obedient than the worm. She had more or less become his personal assistant. Dias idly wondered if she was comfortable working with demons. But it didn't matter, so long as she could get her job done. He turned to her, shaking himself out of his examination of the Rune. "Fetch the Telaerian mage for me, the Abjurer." He told her. "I need to have a word with him."

--------------------
user posted image
user posted image

user posted image

QUOTE (Duchess of Freege @ Nov 27 2012, 11:47 AM)
Indeed. In the realm of cookies, Vansalon reigns supreme.

QUOTE (Sqawl)
YOUTUUUUBE! WHAT HAST THOU WROUGHT?!

QUOTE (Kiroshima @ Dec 24 2012, 03:28 PM)
And suddenly, nothing happened.

"Eternal twilight would be hell, in both senses of the phrase."

I'LL TAKE THE TRIFORCE OF DINNER TO PROTECT ME

QUOTE (Sqawl)
IT'S VANCE-UEL L. JACKSON!

QUOTE (Sqawl)
What Karida doesn't know is that Kiro will probably be like "YOU ARE CORRECT, MISS KARIDA: FOR YOUR INFORMATION, A HEALER OF THE TEMPLAR CLASS EXISTS AT POSITION X 21 Y 14. I PREDICT HE WILL ARRIVE IN APPROXIMATELY EIGHT TURNS"

QUOTE (Kiroshima)
;p;

QUOTE (Flame Emblem)
You exist to troll me into defeat. That is your purpose in life.

QUOTE (Sqawl)
come back when you're a little
MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM(kaylee)
RICHARD

QUOTE (Sqawl)
Vancuel L. Jackson has HAD IT WITH THIS MOTHAFUCKIN' AMBIGUITY IN THIS MOTHAFUCKIN' ROLEPLAY

QUOTE (Connagh Doohan)
It's like your on the road to being a goth and you're mostly there, but are perpetuallly stopped at an Ice Cream Parlour or something

QUOTE (Sqawl)
Ghandi is trying to learn "Nuclear Hellfire". But, Ghandi can only know four moves.
Delete "Peace" for "Nuclear Hellfire"?

QUOTE (Flame Emblem)
IGNORANCE IS BLISS AND HE WAS A SPECIAL WALL

lolskypeconvos

[8:09:06 PM] THE ASIAN TRUTH A.K.A JIMMEEEHHH: (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━
[8:09:17 PM] Sqawl: ┬─┬◡ノ(° -°ノ)
[8:09:22 PM] THE ASIAN TRUTH A.K.A JIMMEEEHHH: FFFFFFF
[8:09user posted image5 PM] THE ASIAN TRUTH A.K.A JIMMEEEHHH: (Vಠ益ಠ)>彡┻━
[8:09:46 PM] Sqawl: ┬─┬◡ノ(° -°ノ)
[8:10:02 PM] THE ASIAN TRUTH A.K.A JIMMEEEHHH: (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━彡┻━
[8:10:19 PM | Edited 8:10user posted image3 PM] Sqawl: ┬─┬◡ノ(° -°)\◡┬─┬
[8:10:28 PM] THE ASIAN TRUTH A.K.A JIMMEEEHHH: GRAHHHH
[8:10:29 PM] THE ASIAN TRUTH A.K.A JIMMEEEHHH: (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻
[8:10:51 PM] Sqawl: ┬─┬◡ノ(° -°ノ)
(╯°□°)╯≡≡≡≡≡≡┴┴*(,`~,)┐
[8:10:54 PM] THE ASIAN TRUTH A.K.A JIMMEEEHHH: (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━ ┻
[8:10:57 PM] THE ASIAN TRUTH A.K.A JIMMEEEHHH: IT BROKE

[30:55 PM | Edited 3user posted image1:00 PM] The entire population of America (Flame Emblem): Chromx"Marth"
[31:01 PM] Vansalon: ...lolol
[31:01 PM] Yash: LOL
[31:03 PM] Aura: No comment
[31:08 PM] Yash: you'll understand later

[3user posted image8:57 PM] The entire population of America (Flame Emblem): Emmeryn is unintroduced
[3user posted image9:05 PM] Cevian: I hope you don't fall for her though.

[10:15:05 AM] Sqawl: DAWN OF THE SECOND DAY.
[10:15:19 AM] Vansalon: xD
[10:15:26 AM] Vansalon: ||||||
[10:15:29 AM] The entire population of America: xD
[10:15user posted image9 AM] Sqawl: DOHOHO.
[10:15:47 AM] Vansalon: I don't care that it's not the fourth day; I'm making that reference.

[5:59user posted image3 PM] Yash: I like crap sometimes

[7:09:54 PM] Flame Emblem: I'm surrounded by idio- *shot*
[7:24:17 PM] Aura: Maybe you should stop multiply-- *Stabbed*

Yesterday,

I watched three men die because one man sneezed in a room full of blood and shit and light.

Today,

three more men go in, cheap mops and each other's lives in their hands.

Yesterday,

I watched a man I admired gunned down for leaving a rose for a girl whose life was tattered by trauma she never deserved.

Today,

she doesn't remember, and three halls down I can hear her screaming.

Yesterday,

I watched a group of soldiers go down fighting against the corpses of comrades who'd died before them.

Today,

we test another sample, this time on children.

Yesterday,

I watched five men and women gunned down in an abandoned factory no one cares about.

Today,

it happens again and again. Every eleven seconds. Forever.

Yesterday,

I watched a man sit comfortably in a nice armchair, sipping scotch and laughing as he ordered a woman to simply stop breathing.

Today,

he gets the day off of work detail for good behavior.

Yesterday,

I watched hundreds of men and women in orange jumpsuits herded like animals into empty rooms that filled with gas and fire.

Today,

hundreds more are told they have a chance for a lighter sentence, and a chance to serve their country.

Yesterday,

I watched the world nearly die in a thousand thousand terrible ways. Sometimes we would have had time to scream.

Today,

I'm alive to write about it. You want happy endings? Fuck you.

You're alive to read it.

God help us all.

Cookie if you know where that's from user posted image

Hey, this guide is now a thing. Check it out if you're interested in Roleplaying.

[12:45:45 PM] Firefly Vansalon: btw guys
saying this in advance because it's relevant to planning RP things

I'm going to be out of state June 14-July 18. I officially have a job/internship thing/whatever you want to call it at the Lutheran Camp on mt. Petit Jean, so I'm leaving for there a day before the first week of camp starts (pretty sure I go a day early, anyway).
[12:46:06 PM] Firefly Vansalon: I'll have my phone, of course, but I'll never get a chance to be on except MAYBE sunday nights.
[12:474 PM] Firefly Vansalon: Monday-friday I'll be busy with the actual camp proceedings, saturday I'll be busy cleaning up (along with all the other staff) and sunday morning we'll be starting preperations for the next group.
PM
^
 Posted: Apr 27 2014, 08:55 PM
Quote Post

Marcus > Jeigan
Group Icon

Group: 3-13 Sniper

Donate
Member No.: 304

Awards: 3

Blaise looked up at the flying things assaulting them, and took a moment to think back to his training for a moment before the creatures dived. "Nope, this certainly wasn't covered", he stated, raising his lance, "but oh well." As one of the birds flew toward Blaise, he raised his lance, and batted it to the left, missing the wing he was hoping to stab. Frowning, he decided to try and stab it again, only for his attention to be brought back to the ones in midair, watching another bird dive at him while the bird to his left got up and flew back into the air.

--------------------
My hack is still relevant!

Or you can watch some of my YouTube vidoes!

Personality schtuff:

Pokemon:
user posted image
Not sure if offended or proud because Mewtwo.

Fire Emblem:
user posted image

My resume
Welcome to the Friend Zone, I am your tour guide today.

If you look to your left, you will see the Waterfall of Tears. These are the tears shed every day, by boys across the world. Do not drink the tears, because, in large amounts, they taste like salt water. This waterfall is our main source of income, as we sell these tears to witches interested in using children's tears in a potion. Remember this, it will be on the test.

If you look on your brochure, you'll see the amount of people who've escaped the Friend Zone permanently. Can't find it? Exactly.

On your right, you'll see our cardiologist, eating in the dining room located next to the generic-outdoor-place-to-play. I'll go ahead and tell you, although there's always an idiot or two who ignores me: No, he cannot fix broken hearts. He told me to warn you that the first... let's go with idiot, the first idiot who asks him to fix their broken heart will die from a heart attack.

Oh, we're arriving. Now, your sleeping areas are separated into male and female dormitories. You cannot be in the other genders' dormitory after dark, because the last thing we need is for everyone to be having nonstop sex. If you're homosexual, we ask that you refrain from nonstop sex. And if any of you masturbate, please clean it up; we don't want to.

This will conclude your tour of the Friend Zone.

A wall of text explaining why tanks don't fare well in Gauntlets:
The issue about tanks in Gauntlets is; they can happily mow down an army of regular units in regular gameplay. If their speed is on the low side, the enemies are generally wielding ridiculously heavy weapons anyways, putting them at nearly 0 speed. And your tank can probably just knock out any threat in a single blow anyways.
In the arena, that's not true.
In the arena, your enemy will happily pull out some silver weapons, and use them. The weapon triangle will only help slightly.That one point of damage isn't too important when the enemy is critting your for 60 in a single blow.
Your defense may be high, but the enemy isn't limited by such paltry things like "caps."
You see, the people in the arena are just various incarnations of Marcus.
Marcus is not limited by stat caps, he just chooses to hold back to give the enemy a chance.
However, in the arena, he lessens his restraint. He gives you but one concession: That he doesn't just pull out his wang and end your life. And he is not merciless, he lets you run. Of course, since when can tanks run? If Marcus wanted, he could chase you, but he feels bad for you, tank, who made the mistake of entering his vacation home.

Quotes
[1:10:03 AM] Flame Emblem: user posted image

(Flame Emblem): Right now I'm wondering why a steel sword has the extra-damage flashing icon when a bishop is healing the wielder
[1:10:16 AM] Vansalon: lolwut
[1:10:23 AM] Cevian: lolwut
[1:10user posted image7 AM] Sqawl: lolwut

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Vansalon: I was just wondering how the guy who runs life orb shedinja was teaching people how to play

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

QUOTE (Vansalon @ Jun 14 2013, 03:16 PM)
The priest looked grimly at the rider bearing down on him, sword drawn. However, the man nimbly evaded both of Jackson's attacks, an incredible feat that could make him go down in history.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[6:00:25 PM] Flame Emblem: Poor Herrik, forced to live without Fla- *destroyed*
[6:00:53 PM] Sqawldalah: I'm sure he'll be fast friends with Blai--wait he isn't female never mind
[6:00:56 PM] Sqawldalah: ;3c
[6:01:26 PM] Jeiganman: lol
[6:01:27 PM | Edited 6:01:45 PM] Sqawldalah: <s>[s][/s]

PMEmail Poster
^
Sqawl
 Posted: Apr 27 2014, 10:39 PM
Quote Post

Group Icon

Group: Sqawly Veteran
Gold: 100

Donate
Member No.: 180

Awards: 6

"I was just wondering why you'd choose now of all times to let up," Ivan said to Nattaly in a side room of the slightly-to-moderately dilapidated house, illuminated only by the faint ambient light which filtered through the rain and the windows, the cracks in the wall— and the flashes of lightning, of course. "You know as well as I do, probably more than I do, that there's something on her mind."
"I know," Nattaly replied, her hushed voice barely audible over the patter and howl of the rain and wind. "But the friendly act didn't work with her then and it doesn't now. I need to give her some space, especially these days." She'd finally decided to leave Kayra alone.
"These days," Ivan echoed in a mutter. So it's become "these days", he thought grimly, thinking of the events that led up to and followed the release of the spirit of Terror, and how quickly but dramatically they had passed.
"Ivan, I know you're killing yourself over her, but..." Nattaly turned the coin she'd found in the room around and around in her hand, the crude embossed image of the legendary Telaerian Samuel winking in and out of existence. "You're closer to her than I am... And I think all we can really do right now is keep supporting her and wait."
"We wait for her to get even worse?"
A particularly long rumble of thunder sounded as Ivan and Nattaly sat in silence for a moment.

And then, "Shadows!" Raeth's voice.
"I'm right behind you," Nattaly said to Ivan as he tightened his scarf around his face and pulled up a hood, making his way to the nearest exit— quickly. The rain soaked through everything, but it was still nice to be as protected as possible.
Was it day or night outside? Something in between? Ivan could scarcely tell now, the storms muting the world and seeming to isolate the band of runebearers from their comrades more than they already were. He dashed out the door, ducking around a corner of the house. A quick glance at Raeth revealing that the fellow runebearer wasn't actively being attacked yet, he decided on a defensive as he plunged his sword into a shadow which was turning the corner.

Over the week, Nattaly had been practicing being brave— cliché though it sounded, she was noticeably more adept in combat if she could push her mind in the right direction, and her rune did a good job of keeping it there, making her a beacon of positive force even in the heat of battle— although chill of battle was probably a better description nowadays, given the nature of the opponents. Nattaly's hood was more makeshift: she'd found it in some old house and torn it off of the thick coat (which was run through with holes everywhere but the hood) which had formerly hosted it, and fitted it to her needs during free time, sparse as that sort of thing was nowadays. Pulling it up, she grasped the coin firmly before putting it in her pocket, and took hold of the short sword she'd learned to carry with her—she was still better with a bow, but its usefulness being questionable in this weather which showed no signs of going away at the moment, she knew she needed a close-range alternative. The small crumbled room gained a faint, warm tint from the glow of her rune, and she leaped to a standing position as she drew the sword. I can do this, she thought, and nodded to herself as the red glow intensified a bit, and she was off.

--------------------
PM
^
 Posted: Apr 28 2014, 10:43 AM
Quote Post

Group Icon

Donate

Kayra had been sitting on the other side of the room from where Ivan and Nattaly spoke, cleaning her small sword, something she had to do too often nowadays. The demons all had a peculiar black or blue blood, if they had blood at all. She was perpetually tired now, from the frequent combat and the sleepless nights spent on watch. Finishing her sword, she set it aside and looked around. Hugo stood at the door, vigilant as he always was. The Telaerian general didn't talk very much, and when he did it was usually to Ivan. Despite her lover's status as a traitor, Hugo seemed to have a peculiar respect for him, although it could not be called friendship. The others he treated with wary shortness, mostly keeping his distance. Alek Verias sat on a torn plush chair in a corner, doing something with vials. He was mixing several of them. Creating another devilish concoction, I'm sure. Kayra thought. The alchemist treated them all with casual friendliness, as if they had never been enemies. It sometimes made her uncomfortable. Either he was planning something, or had genuinely put aside hatred for the greater cause.

"Shadows!" Kayra was snapped out of her reverie by Raeth's warning. She quickly sat up, grabbing her sword and falling in behind Ivan. Her Rune flared to life. None of their Runes glowed any longer. Since the Temple, they burned instead, the same color as their light had been. Although she couldn't know the reason for this she did know it was something of an upgrade. While her healing abilities seemed unaffected, her control over light was greatly increased. She now had an instinctive feel as to how it would act. She was able to create and maintain small lights to illuminate buidlings with almost no effort now, and was able to form it into cold, incandescent white fire that seemed somehow more effective in combat than before. At least against the demons, it seared their flesh, literally boiling it away on some of them. The colorless fire tired her quickly, however, so she generally stuck to swordplay, which she had become quite proficient at.

Kayra positioned herself nearby Ivan, just around a corner where several of the shadows gathered. She followed his lead, going on the defensive and shrouding herself in an aura of light. She saw Hugo clank out of the building to stand by Raeth's side, his broadsword held in an agressive stance that let him guard and counterattack direct attacks easily. Alek moved to the other side of the street, holding a small glass vial filled with a black liquid in one hand, and his shortsword in the other. Quickly turning her attention back to her foes, Kayra parried a sudden strike as a shadow charged her. She reversed its momentum, pushing it back and slicing it across the abdomen. It recoiled, hissing, and spoke in the guttural, unrecognizable language of demons. Something bright red flickered at the edge of Kayra's vision. She instinctively glanced at it and immediately regret it. It was a giant humanoid figure lacking skin, muscle and bone showing through clearly. It stood in front of Raeth. Forcing herself to take her eyes off the obvious illusion, Kayra turned back just in time to deflect another strike, cutting a gash in the arm of shadow. She held her hand up and formed a glob of whiteflame, hurling it at her assailant as he stumbled. Screaming, it staggered and fell, and the illusion faded. However, several other demons chanted, and various horrors seemed to rise around the battlefield. They were not directly threatening, but it was wisest not to look at them too long.

The shadow Ivan had struck was quickly felled, being caught off guard, but two more followed it, rushing him at top speed and shrieking in their harsh voices. One of them suddenly stopped and recoiled as a wound appeared in its chest and the ghost of an old Mageian soldier appeared. The phantom quickly pushed that shadow back, but the other one continued toward its original target.

~

Vance released his spell and watched the purple streak of energy rise into the air like a lightning bolt. It locked in on a large vrock, changing course to zoom toward it, but the demon screamed, sounding like a choking falcon, and the magic faltered and flickered out of existence. The vrock who had somehow blocked his spell dived toward Vance, and he was forced to defend, with no time to ponder the occurence. His long sword gave him an advantage against these things, who had to get in close to strike with their talons. He pushed it back and grazed its wing with two quick stabs, and it took to the air again, circling and screaming. Two more vrocks attacked him, and he set his feet in a defensive stance to ward them off.

The vrock attacking Blaise swiped at him with a talon, attempting to go below his guard and strike his abdomen. Immediately afterward, another bird-demon slammed into his side with its weight, trying to bowl him over.

--------------------
user posted image
user posted image

user posted image

QUOTE (Sqawl)

QUOTE (Sqawl)

QUOTE (Sqawl)
What Karida doesn't know is that Kiro will probably be like "YOU ARE CORRECT, MISS KARIDA: FOR YOUR INFORMATION, A HEALER OF THE TEMPLAR CLASS EXISTS AT POSITION X 21 Y 14. I PREDICT HE WILL ARRIVE IN APPROXIMATELY EIGHT TURNS"

QUOTE (Kiroshima)
;p;

QUOTE (Flame Emblem)

QUOTE (Sqawl)
RICHARD

QUOTE (Sqawl)
Vancuel L. Jackson has HAD IT WITH THIS MOTHAFUCKIN' AMBIGUITY IN THIS MOTHAFUCKIN' ROLEPLAY

QUOTE (Connagh Doohan)
It's like your on the road to being a goth and you're mostly there, but are perpetuallly stopped at an Ice Cream Parlour or something

QUOTE (Sqawl)
Ghandi is trying to learn "Nuclear Hellfire". But, Ghandi can only know four moves.

QUOTE (Flame Emblem)

lolskypeconvos

(╯°□°)╯≡≡≡≡≡≡┴┴*(,`~,)┐

[30:55 PM | Edited 3user posted image1:00 PM] The entire population of America (Flame Emblem): Chromx"Marth"

[3user posted image8:57 PM] The entire population of America (Flame Emblem): Emmeryn is unintroduced

[10:15:47 AM] Vansalon: I don't care that it's not the fourth day; I'm making that reference.

Yesterday,

I watched three men die because one man sneezed in a room full of blood and shit and light.

Today,

Yesterday,

I watched a man I admired gunned down for leaving a rose for a girl whose life was tattered by trauma she never deserved.

Today,

Yesterday,

I watched a group of soldiers go down fighting against the corpses of comrades who'd died before them.

Today,

Yesterday,

I watched five men and women gunned down in an abandoned factory no one cares about.

Today,

Yesterday,

I watched a man sit comfortably in a nice armchair, sipping scotch and laughing as he ordered a woman to simply stop breathing.

Today,

Yesterday,

I watched hundreds of men and women in orange jumpsuits herded like animals into empty rooms that filled with gas and fire.

Today,

hundreds more are told they have a chance for a lighter sentence, and a chance to serve their country.

Yesterday,

I watched the world nearly die in a thousand thousand terrible ways. Sometimes we would have had time to scream.

Today,

You're alive to read it.

God help us all.

Hey, this guide is now a thing. Check it out if you're interested in Roleplaying.

I'm going to be out of state June 14-July 18. I officially have a job/internship thing/whatever you want to call it at the Lutheran Camp on mt. Petit Jean, so I'm leaving for there a day before the first week of camp starts (pretty sure I go a day early, anyway).
[12:46:06 PM] Firefly Vansalon: I'll have my phone, of course, but I'll never get a chance to be on except MAYBE sunday nights.
[12:474 PM] Firefly Vansalon: Monday-friday I'll be busy with the actual camp proceedings, saturday I'll be busy cleaning up (along with all the other staff) and sunday morning we'll be starting preperations for the next group.
PM
^
 Posted: Apr 28 2014, 11:47 AM
Quote Post

Marcus > Jeigan
Group Icon

Donate

Blaise looked down as the impact from the diving vrock knocked a fairly sizable dent into his armor, and as it was too close to maneuver his lance to stab it easily, he brought back his fist for a gauntlet punch.

Except that the other vrock had tackled his unarmored side and sent him reeling, knocking him over. However, his lance, which was only being held in one hand, flew around and hit the vrock that had tackled him, although he didn't see where he had hit that vrock, or which part of the lance hit it. He slowly started working on getting up, holding up his lance with one hand to try and ward off any attackers.

--------------------

Personality schtuff:

Pokemon:
user posted image

Fire Emblem:
user posted image

My resume

If you look to your left, you will see the Waterfall of Tears. These are the tears shed every day, by boys across the world. Do not drink the tears, because, in large amounts, they taste like salt water. This waterfall is our main source of income, as we sell these tears to witches interested in using children's tears in a potion. Remember this, it will be on the test.

If you look on your brochure, you'll see the amount of people who've escaped the Friend Zone permanently. Can't find it? Exactly.

On your right, you'll see our cardiologist, eating in the dining room located next to the generic-outdoor-place-to-play. I'll go ahead and tell you, although there's always an idiot or two who ignores me: No, he cannot fix broken hearts. He told me to warn you that the first... let's go with idiot, the first idiot who asks him to fix their broken heart will die from a heart attack.

Oh, we're arriving. Now, your sleeping areas are separated into male and female dormitories. You cannot be in the other genders' dormitory after dark, because the last thing we need is for everyone to be having nonstop sex. If you're homosexual, we ask that you refrain from nonstop sex. And if any of you masturbate, please clean it up; we don't want to.

The issue about tanks in Gauntlets is; they can happily mow down an army of regular units in regular gameplay. If their speed is on the low side, the enemies are generally wielding ridiculously heavy weapons anyways, putting them at nearly 0 speed. And your tank can probably just knock out any threat in a single blow anyways.
In the arena, your enemy will happily pull out some silver weapons, and use them. The weapon triangle will only help slightly.That one point of damage isn't too important when the enemy is critting your for 60 in a single blow.
Your defense may be high, but the enemy isn't limited by such paltry things like "caps."
Marcus is not limited by stat caps, he just chooses to hold back to give the enemy a chance.
However, in the arena, he lessens his restraint. He gives you but one concession: That he doesn't just pull out his wang and end your life. And he is not merciless, he lets you run. Of course, since when can tanks run? If Marcus wanted, he could chase you, but he feels bad for you, tank, who made the mistake of entering his vacation home.

Quotes

(Flame Emblem): Right now I'm wondering why a steel sword has the extra-damage flashing icon when a bishop is healing the wielder

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Vansalon: I was just wondering how the guy who runs life orb shedinja was teaching people how to play

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The priest looked grimly at the rider bearing down on him, sword drawn. However, the man nimbly evaded both of Jackson's attacks, an incredible feat that could make him go down in history.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[6:00:53 PM] Sqawldalah: I'm sure he'll be fast friends with Blai--wait he isn't female never mind

PMEmail Poster
^
Cevian
 Posted: Apr 28 2014, 01:16 PM
Quote Post

El Psy Kongroo
Group Icon

Group: Supergeneric

Donate
Member No.: 271

Awards: None

Over the course of the last week Pyra had been keeping to herself. It seemed less over any form of emotional distress about everything that had happened more about a lack of it. It still hadn't been much time in the grand scheme of things since she had awoken from her prison of slumber and joined these Runebearers, and found out just who she was prior to that sleep. The people she was with was the closest attachment she had to this world and as the rest of it fell to ruin, and all it did was remind her of just how detached she was from this world. It didn't feel right to interact with the others who were so obviously distressed by it, so she kept her distance.

What she could do to help comfort them was protect them. Her Rune was well suited for combat, and her lack of distress made it easier for her to keep watch. As the shout of Shadows came to her she prepared herself for the fight. Running out of the house into the rain, she summoned up a blade of light and heat. The rain that landed on it evaporated with a sizzle. She was someone that tried to conquer the world. A few Shadows weren't going to stop her here.

~

After recovering from the initial shock of what had happened in the temple, Maya seemed to have no issue working with the demons. It was almost eerie how they didn't seem to bother her. There was definitely more to it then a lack of anywhere else to go given the destruction that covered the land and betrayal of the Runebearers.

"Yes, sir," She said to Dias as he told her to fetch the Abjurer. Nodding to him she turned around to find him. He'd be off somewhere doing something. Acting as Dias' assistant wasn't that bad as long as she did her job. Dias seems to have the same feeling. She made her way to wherever he usually was. "Hello? Abjurer?" She called out. It felt good to be using her own voice again. Speaking through her Rune to reinforce a false timid nature was always a tiring hassle, although it served as good practice of using her Rune for a long period of time.
PMEmail Poster
^
 Posted: Apr 28 2014, 01:29 PM
Quote Post

Group Icon

Donate

Thinking quickly, Vance used his Rune and blinded the two vrocks attacking Blaise, causing them to confusedly back off. He parried a swipe from one of the three attacking him and countered, skewering the bird demon. The other two flew away from him to circle for another attack. He turned to Blaise to see the soldier's lance bounce off the thick skin of a vrock as the demon recoiled. He reached over and grabbed Blaise's left hand, pulling him to his feet. The blindness of the two birds wore off at this point, and Vance was forced to turn his attention back to them, flicking a sheet of darkness at them with his Rune. The wave crashed over them, and they spun back, shrieking. The effect was not physically damaging, but screwed up mental functions for a few a seconds. The Runebearer rushed forward before they recovered and made a quick overhead slash, shearing through the canopy of one of their wings. One vrock was grounded.

~

Shem Noat, or simply The Abjurer as he preferred to be called, was standing near the spiked trench that had been set up around the camp. He stood with his arms folded behind his back watching the aerial demons circle above, keeping watch. Vrocks, they were called. He turned to Maya as she called him. He had slicked back black hair and wore a plain yellow robe. He carried a satchel filled with notes, compounds, and components. "Yes, lass?" He said. He was a peculiarly cultured, urbane man, seemingly unruffled by the invasion of the demons. He was never ruffled by anything. "Does Dias have more information for me?"

--------------------
user posted image
user posted image

user posted image

QUOTE (Sqawl)

QUOTE (Sqawl)

QUOTE (Sqawl)

QUOTE (Kiroshima)
;p;

QUOTE (Flame Emblem)

QUOTE (Sqawl)
RICHARD

QUOTE (Sqawl)

QUOTE (Connagh Doohan)

QUOTE (Sqawl)

QUOTE (Flame Emblem)

lolskypeconvos

(╯°□°)╯≡≡≡≡≡≡┴┴*(,`~,)┐

Yesterday,

Today,

Yesterday,

Today,

Yesterday,

Today,

Yesterday,

Today,

Yesterday,

Today,

Yesterday,

Today,

Yesterday,

Today,

You're alive to read it.

God help us all.

PM
^
Cevian
 Posted: Apr 28 2014, 01:47 PM
Quote Post

El Psy Kongroo
Group Icon

Donate

Maya looked over at Shem. "He said he would like to have a word with you. Whether that means he has more information to share with you or if he has a question that he wishes to ask you, I do not know," She said. Like her, the Abjurer didn't seemed that phased by the demons, although it was probably for different reasons.
PMEmail Poster
^
 Posted: Apr 28 2014, 01:53 PM
Quote Post

Group Icon

Donate

"Characteristically vague of him." Shem smiled. "I suppose I'll oblige him. The old boy gets rather cranky when people don't do what he wants, old friends or no." He smoothed his robe and entered Dias's tent, walking past Maya.

--------------------
user posted image
user posted image

user posted image

QUOTE (Sqawl)

QUOTE (Sqawl)

QUOTE (Sqawl)

QUOTE (Kiroshima)
;p;

QUOTE (Flame Emblem)

QUOTE (Sqawl)
RICHARD

QUOTE (Sqawl)

QUOTE (Connagh Doohan)

QUOTE (Sqawl)

QUOTE (Flame Emblem)

lolskypeconvos

(╯°□°)╯≡≡≡≡≡≡┴┴*(,`~,)┐

Yesterday,

Today,

Yesterday,

Today,

Yesterday,

Today,

Yesterday,

Today,

Yesterday,

Today,

Yesterday,

Today,

Yesterday,

Today,

You're alive to read it.

God help us all.

PM
^
Cevian
 Posted: Apr 28 2014, 02:03 PM
Quote Post

El Psy Kongroo
Group Icon

Donate

After Shem walked past her, she turned around and followed him back to Dias. Unless acknowledged she would stay silent. She needed to be more useful and loyal than a severed hand.
PMEmail Poster
^
 Posted: Apr 28 2014, 02:25 PM
Quote Post

Marcus > Jeigan
Group Icon

Donate

"Thanks for the hand." Blaise said, as Vance helped Blaise up. Thanks for the hand indeed, I think, because that felt an awful lot like a Rune. I'll have to ask later, no point trying to copy him and missing out on an oppar- oppor- a chance. Thinking of which... Blaise charged forward behind Vance, stabbing the other vrock straight through its wing, leaving a sizable hole when Blaise ripped the lance out, only to step on the wing and hold the vrock down as he stabbed it in the chest. "One down, conseed- considably- more than one to go."

--------------------

Personality schtuff:

Pokemon:
user posted image

Fire Emblem:
user posted image

My resume

Quotes

PMEmail Poster
^
Grumpy Uncle Robbel
 Posted: Apr 28 2014, 02:50 PM
Quote Post

Grumpy
Group Icon

Group: Great Knight
Gold: 4,600

Donate
Member No.: 139

Awards: 2

Without a word, Koram rushed forward with his broadsword in hand, and struck the remaining vrock full on the head, a terrifying scream was heard as the demon fell to the ground. "We need better defense for if they attack again! Tactic plan, make it!" Koram screamed, while he tightened his grip on the sword handle and waited for another attack. He wasn't going to be defeated by some demon birds here, not even if they all attacked him at once.

Meanwhile Seraphine just sat in the back of the shelter next to the queen, motionless. She had been spending some time with the Mageians, but she wasn't going to lift a single finger to help them. Besides, she found that she would be more useful helping the queen then go and fight.

--------------------
[\Rob/][\boR/][\Rob/][\boR/][\Rob/]

SKYPE CONVERSATIONS
Sqawl: I guess that I should be thankful that it rained during the morning and early afternoon, so I didn't have to hear the FUCKING FIREWORKS then.
Robbel: So it was a fireworks orgy?
Sqawl: yes
Flame Emblem: And they came on my foot
PM
^
 Posted: Apr 28 2014, 03:13 PM
Quote Post

Group Icon

Donate

There were three vrocks remaining, including the larger one that seemed to be the leader. They circled for a moment, sizing up the newest combatant. Intent on not letting them finish, Vance threw another shadow with a more specified effect, this time. It disabled the shortcuts that formed instincts, and by consequence their flapping wings and flight. The three fell to the ground, rolling to a halt about thirty yards from the fighters. They quickly regained their senses, but were still grounded for a moment as they figured out flight again. Not patient enough to want that long, they charged. The larger one rushed for Koram, which it seemed to perceive as the greatest threat, while the two on either side attacked Vance and Blaise.

Vance fended it off with his estoc, smacking it on the snout with the flat of the blade and then pushing it back with a stab. It refused to back off, however, and pressed him up to the wall of the building. He was forced to shift to a defensive stance to keep it off of him.

~

"So, old boy, what do you need?" Shem said in his usual fashion. Dias didn't seem bothered by the familiarity at all. "I've found something else about the lingering Starlight in the Runes." The demon lord replied. "More of it remains than we had previously thought. I have a theory that it's connected to the overall strength of the Stars, which in turn, as we deduced earlier, is connected to the number of active Runes."
"So you found more than just a sample of the light left in the hand?" Shem said eagerly, leaning forward.
"Indeed. Far more than a sample. There is, in fact, enough to work with here. I believe we can move on with our research. I already have an idea, in fact..."
"You're proposing a nmemonic bond, aren't you? Clever."
"Correct. If we moved the light to an object easily carried around, say, an amulet, and then bound the amulet's spiritual properties to someone, they could access a limited version of the Rune's power. In theory."
"I see where you're going with this, old boy. If we're going to outfit all the loyal, however, we'll need more Runebearers." Shem cast a sidelong glance at Maya.
"Not her." Dias said simply. "She's useful as she is, and likely more competent with the ability than any of the bumbling generals we'd be using for test subjects."
"Ah, true. But something to consider, should we find someone with the potential."
"Indeed."

--------------------
user posted image
user posted image

user posted image

QUOTE (Sqawl)

QUOTE (Sqawl)

QUOTE (Sqawl)

QUOTE (Kiroshima)
;p;

QUOTE (Flame Emblem)

QUOTE (Sqawl)
RICHARD

QUOTE (Sqawl)

QUOTE (Connagh Doohan)

QUOTE (Sqawl)

QUOTE (Flame Emblem)

lolskypeconvos

(╯°□°)╯≡≡≡≡≡≡┴┴*(,`~,)┐

Yesterday,

Today,

Yesterday,

Today,

Yesterday,

Today,

Yesterday,

Today,

Yesterday,

Today,

Yesterday,

Today,

Yesterday,

Today,

You're alive to read it.

God help us all.

PM
^
 Posted: Apr 28 2014, 03:28 PM
Quote Post

Marcus > Jeigan
Group Icon

Donate

Blaise brought the blunt side of his lance around, putting a fair amount of strength into knocking his vrock to the side to interrupt its charge, before entering a defensive stance to hold it off until an opening presented itself.

--------------------

Personality schtuff:

Pokemon:
user posted image

Fire Emblem:
user posted image

My resume

Quotes

PMEmail Poster
^
bblues
 Posted: Apr 28 2014, 03:38 PM
Quote Post

@( -_-)==@)`.')
Group Icon

Group: Adorably Active Admin
Gold: 1,050

Donate
Member No.: 45

Awards: 6

The constant patter of rain hitting the roof was quite soothing, if nothing else could be said about the weather recently. Terrence was leaning against one of the walls, staring out a nearby window towards the deserted city. It would've made for a depressing sight, had it not been for the fact that this was just the latest in a montage of grey and desolate places. The first time, he'd wondered about how the capital was, all those bustling streets and markets, just...empty, and the same for his brief time in Mageia. Was everywhere going to be like this? He closed his eyes from the image, and turned away, towards the stairs, letting out a small sigh. Whatever the case, there wasn't much he could do about it now, apart from help to set it right. With or without the others.

As he was making his way down the first flight of stairs, he could hear shouting, and the sounds of combat. ''Ah, hell!'' Terrence picked up the pace, quickly turning to turn down the next set of steps. He'd been on the other side of the street from the others, trying to take his mind off things, and look for anything of note. He'd not told them, either. The disappearing act was kind of satisfying, although he was chastising himself for it now. Finally reaching the ground floor, Terrence drew his sword and burst out the front door. The fighting was surrounding the front of the building they'd been occupying, and the Shadows were out in a fair number. He projected a a couple of swords, and sent them flying towards the demons, their backs being exposed, as he moved towards them.

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic OptionsPages: (2) 1 2  Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll