The Emblem Brigade

Latest Shouts In The Shoutbox -- View The Shoutbox · Rules -  

Pages: (4) 1 2 3 ... Last » ( Go to first unread post ) Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Resting of Spirit, The Legend
Bobosmith
 Posted: Apr 30 2014, 05:14 PM
Quote Post

Passion is life
Group Icon

Group: Mercenary
Gold: 1,150
Member Inventory: View

Donate
Member No.: 316

Awards: None

The grass silently swayed in the wind, until the it was covered by red. The spotless crimson carpet had been rolled out in front of the castle for a while. The ceremony was about to start. Detect spells quite ready if the one possessed it, guards and Spirit Animals of all kinds-Warthogs, bulls, cats, even a turtle or two.

It is the Prince of Ulan's marriage ceremony. Marrying the beautiful Illa, the spectacular event is open to all, whether it is by ship, or by magic. All ship trips were relatively cheap so all could behold the wonders.

The Prince was still in the shoreside castle, heavily fortified. His to-be-wife was getting the last preparations on her beautiful dress, made of the finest silk available. Meanwhile, an unproportionally large crowd, their elbows bashing into other's like it was meant to be. The musicians near the front were putting the finishing touches on their tuning, quite nervous. 2 aquamarine robed-men, both with blonde hair, groomed fashionably, in addition to one woman with silky brown hair, stood proudly near the carpet. The 3 sages. All of this was under heavy watch so little foul events were to occur.

(OOC: Nothing of import yet, but just to get you all started)

--------------------
Please support my project, I've been working on this when you might use the adjective to call me 'young': http://tebrigade.b1.jcink.com/index.php?showtopic=3744

PM
^
Shamison
 Posted: May 1 2014, 07:32 PM
Quote Post

Vanguard
Group Icon

Group: Summoner
Gold: 475,222

Donate
Member No.: 460

Awards: 5

Phyrox stood at the back of the crowd with little interest in the gossip around him. He was there to see what will happen, it is a monumental event after all, and then he would be on his way. Phyrox scanned the crowd as he looked for a good place to stand.
He saw a good spot about ten feet from him and headed towards it.

(OOC: Well I wasn't sure if I was supposed to start here or in Rort. If I need to have more content to my posts I will work on that)

--------------------

ABUSED FOR SELLING COOKIES!
PMEmail Poster
^
 Posted: May 2 2014, 05:06 PM
Quote Post

I honestly have no idea what I'm doing
Group Icon

Group: Waifu
Gold: 1,200

Donate
Member No.: 144

Awards: 1

It was a fine day for a wedding, and Eren knew that. However, instead of relaxing and taking in the view like he normally was, he was still behind the stage. He was indeed quite nervous as this was his biggest performance yet, he was used to a crowd of at least 50 to 60 people. But a crowd of hundreds?! Maybe even thousands! Sweat poured down his brow as he twisted and turned the tuning pegs of the lute. Even one slip-up could land a killing-blow to my job! Eren thought as his nightingale perched itself on his shoulder, nestling it's head against his neck. "Oh, there you are Jessep!" Eren remarked, as his spirit animal had given him a great deal of relief.

((OOC: Not sure what I should really post about))

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Bobosmith
 Posted: May 6 2014, 04:46 AM
Quote Post

Passion is life
Group Icon

Donate

A tan black, long haired man elbowed into Phyrox as he moved into his spot. He had a smug, yet confident look on his face, and wore standard, but not fancy attire.

He turned to look at Phyrox, and smiled. "Ah, sorry about that. Too many people here. Never thought there would be this much. Looks like it's going to start any minute now..." He attempted to point through the crowd at thin, short, black moustached, but bald man in quite the fancy suit trimmed with golden ends. He was the royal advisor of Ulan, and he was rushing down to the musicians.

~

"Get your music ready nnnnnn-now!" The man barked in a nasally voice, sternly glaring at them, Eren included. "The ceremony is going to start any second!"

--------------------
Please support my project, I've been working on this when you might use the adjective to call me 'young': http://tebrigade.b1.jcink.com/index.php?showtopic=3744

PM
^
Shamison
 Posted: May 7 2014, 08:23 AM
Quote Post

Vanguard
Group Icon

Donate

Phyrox started to mutter insults then realized the man had said sorry. "No problem. It is rather crowed today but is to be expected of such a grand event," he said to the man. Phyrox then shifted into the most comfortable position and waited for the music to start.

--------------------

PMEmail Poster
^
Sqawl
 Posted: May 11 2014, 09:34 PM
Quote Post

Group Icon

Group: Sqawly Veteran
Gold: 100

Donate
Member No.: 180

Awards: 6

Monique made her way into the main room: she'd tried to do some scouting of at least the main hallways before, but it was difficult to get around even in the places where non-VIP guests such as she were allowed to be. The entire castle being under heavy watch, she wasn't taking any risks where risks weren't due.
"Having trouble finding your way, miss?" A guard. So they already saw her as suspicious.
"No, sir, but thank you," Monique replied with a false smile, holding her cape to her self in a show of daintiness. "I'm just taking in the sights... I've never seen such an eloquent place before. I'm so glad I could attend... Oh, it looks like the opening show is starting soon! Good evening to you, sir." She gave a tiny bow and quickly moved backwards into the amebic crowd.
"Enjoy yourself," the guard replied out of formality, shifting uneasily in his boots. Which character here is going to be the one to act out of their role?, he wondered.
There was an empty space in the crowd, somehow, and Monique emerged there next to a tan-skinned man with black hair, Phyrox being at his other side. She wondered if the man was also from Rigel: her own skin had grown olive-tinted from its former paleness during her stay in the desert land for the past several months, so she could probably pass as a native-born inhabitant in a pinch.
"Excuse me, sir?" Monique opened a conversation (hopefully) with the man. "I've arrived a bit late, so do you mind if I ask you what's going on now?... Not the event in general, I know that; but what they've got in store for that stage, of course." She was optimistic about this encounter: everyone seemed friendly here, whether it was with friendliness as genuine as the doorman's or just a fa├žade, as had been that of the guard's from earlier.

--------------------
PM
^
 Posted: May 12 2014, 05:31 PM
Quote Post

Group Icon

Donate

"Get your music ready nnnnnnnnn-now!" The man barked, staring coldly at Eren.

This made Eren freeze for a minute, with a panicked look slathered on his face.
And with that, Jessep's reassurance diminished like a torch in a dark mountain.
Oh gods... How am I supposed to be expected to get something like this perfect?! He thought, before being nudged in the side by another performer. This shattered his veil of panic for a second, allowing him to listen to what the person had to say
"Hey! You alright?" another bard asked, concerned for his fellow musician.
Laying his lute on the table in front of him, Eren continued to stare at it.
"I'm f-fine..." Eren replied, his words stuttering out of his mouth...

...Oh, DAMN IT! Eren thought, picking up his lute, panicking, adjusting the tuning pegs, panicking, and strumming his instrument, and panicking some more.
Noticing the bard in distress, the musician had picked up his harpsichord and began to strum it. It's sounds were about as best as can be.
"If you want, I can help you tune your instrument" the musician had offered, not wanting anyone to screw up the performance.

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Bobosmith
 Posted: May 12 2014, 07:32 PM
Quote Post

Passion is life
Group Icon

Donate

The advisor was darting around like a madman-the guards positions and overall stances suddenly much firmer than before. The volume of the audience seemed to be unaffected, however. The 3 sages-again, near the crimson carpet turned to look at each other, and nodded-clearly, something was about to happen.

The tan man turned to the lady, bowing ever so slightly to her. "Ah, hello there, madam." He said with suddenly more poise. "Well, they are playing the finest music, of course. Rumor has it the sages are going to do a speech-boring, but it is important. Afterwards, the musicians are supposedly going to play into the night-romantic, eh?"

He bowed again, before glancing up at a door at the end of the hall-surrounded by guards and their Spirit Animals. The oak door slowly creaked open-the audience falling into a dead silence. The music played by the band transformed into a slow, yet graceful melody. The prince of Ulan and his partner, his beloved, stepped out.

The Prince of Ulan, Maximilian, was a different looking character compared to the rest of the family. Instead of the normal pale skin, his body possessed a light, but clearly brown skin tone-however, with witnesses at birth, he was indeed the king's trueborn child. He was dressed in dark blue robes, draping over his entire body, leaving only the head unconcealed. Adorned in the very center, surrounded by light blue jewels, was Ulan's Royal Insignia, 2 eels-one black, one white-twisted around one another.

His wife, Illa, was a ridiculously pale and thin woman. She had long, silky blonde hair, and gentle blue eyes. She was wearing the same long robes her husband was wearing-albeit fitted for a woman body, in addition to a veil. The robes color, however, was a color swap-featuring light blue cloth and veil, but dark blue gems instead-complete with the insignia.

The guards shooed everyone away with sharp glances, and surrounded the carpet with their animals. A new man snuck through the crowd, and aligned himself with the carpet, slipping past the guards. He dawned a white outfit similar to a priests, and wore a small blue hat over his head. The royal pair slowly advanced towards him.

The figure, unknown who, whispered to his or herself. "Now."

In a flash, a strange looking wolf mystically appeared right in front of the to-be-weds. The wolf emanated a strange aura, which made nearby creatures hair stand on end. It's fur was strange, mixtures of dark grey, light grey, and pure white. It's teeth, bared in a snarl, were the color of the moon.

The Prince froze, gripping his wife's hand. The guards shoved their lances directly into the beast-until, however, the bounced off of the creature like it was nothing, and then the creature lunged with lightning speed, ripping and dashing with awesome speed, ripping it's teeth...directly into the Prince's left side of his stomach, leaving him howling in pain.

"EVERYONE RUN!!!!!!!!!!!!" A guard shouted with utmost vigor, hurling open the entrance. "DON'T LET THE BEAST ESCAPE!"

In that moment, the guards and even a few brave civillians, launched themselves, or, and perhaps and their Spirit Animals at the beast. The beast launched itself at more, ripping people's guts, throats, and stomachs out in a bloody mess in a matter of several seconds. The sages and several other important people-the wife and injured Prince included, made way to a safer area, screaming.

"WHAT THE HELL IS THAT?" The tan man bellowed, running outside with everyone. He said, as a spotted leopard swirled into existence beside him.

(OOC: Plot. Also, Taft, I'm afraid I wasn't able to really find a place to respond after I typed this post out-it took my a long while. I'll aim to do better next time, but my brain is pretty much a deflated balloon after this.)

--------------------

PM
^
Sqawl
 Posted: May 12 2014, 11:20 PM
Quote Post

Group Icon

Donate

"Playing until they drop, huh?" Monique replied amusedly to the man's answer. "I wonder what'll knock them out: fatigue or the drinks." She shut herself up as she noticed the royal couple entering.
The conversation was not to be finished, interrupted by a paradoxical request from a guard: run, and don't let the beast escape as the doors are flung wide open. I had such high expectations, too, Monique thought as she began moving with the crowd. She had expected only elite honor guards to be on watch, but apparently many of them were just the usual Ulanite mooks. Maybe her Poraganan upbringing meant that she always had raised expectations for what a soldier should be. Making the decision to act while the chaos was still fresh, Monique broke from the flow of the crowd, slipping past some and shoving through others as she ascended a few stairs and disappeared into a hallway near the one where the royal couple had emerged from. To go straight for the middle would be too obvious, after all.
Monique ducked around the nearest corner, tying her cape into a scarf around her neck as guards just meters away hurriedly evacuated to protect the prince and his betrothed. The garment would make good protection for the vulnerable, normally-exposed neck area. Her "transformation" from unassuming miss to opportunistic swordswoman complete, she peeked around the corner. An empty hallway. Idiots, she thought as she glanced the other way quickly before advancing cautiously.
Where the hallway would lead, Monique had no clue. But similar to the paths in life she'd traveled upon in vain, she hoped that it led to something of great worth.

((Bobo, if we aren't meant to be exiting the main area/splitting from the crowd yet, just make the hallway loop around to the main area))
((Edit: wow... I just realised that I wasn't sure whether or not we're inside or out. Such confuse. I'll ask on skajp and edit if needed))

--------------------
PM
^
Shamison
 Posted: May 13 2014, 05:39 PM
Quote Post

Vanguard
Group Icon

Donate

Phyrox wasn't paying attention, which seemed to always be the case when something important happened, but heard the screams and immediately summoned two spirit animals his,the mongoose, and an illusion, a swallow. He then sprinted towards the soldiers hoping to find a weapon from a fallen troop and if he was lucky some loot.

--------------------

PMEmail Poster
^
Sqawl
 Posted: May 19 2014, 08:09 PM
Quote Post

Group Icon

Donate

Monique found herself in a smaller room near the end of the hallway. She'd seen several people in formal robes and dresses fleeing from it, so she could only assume that it was a VIP lounge of some sort.
About half of the furniture in the room was knocked over, ornate displays of jewelry and expensive liquor smashed and knocked over. One of the people running out of here must've been the very person who did this, Monique surmised... But if he was looking for something, then what could it be? Whatever it was was probably the same thing that she should be looking for, after all. Perhaps it was one of her cohorts? But they likely wouldn't be so messy— well, the best of them wouldn't be. Monique cleared her head as she knelt by the largest display, its contents splayed out across the ruined carpet: whoever broke in here came to destroy, not to repossess.
Monique turned, a small silver necklace glinting at her. It was some distance removed from any of the messes, near the middle of the room. Picking it up, she examined the symbol on the pendant, making sure that it wasn't the Ulanite royal crest itself. Interestingly, it wasn't a symbol of Ulan, Poragana, or Rigel, according to her cursory understanding of heraldry based on a book of popular family symbols she'd read once. The symbol seemed to be a bear locked in combat with a serpent of some sort: it was so old that the tiny details that had surely been engraved into it had been worn away. Monique clasped it around her neck, tucking it under her scarf. Although she knew better than to waste time stealing trinkets (and it likely wouldn't fetch as much a fortune at the market as, say, the gigantic jewel with the royal crest sitting a few meters away), if the necklace belonged to whomever raided this room then maybe Monique could find out who it was, and whom he was after... and whether or not the person he was after was important.
"Stop right there!" a voice called from the doorway.
Monique stood and whirled around to face another guard... and this was no common guard. Gold-trimmed armor, a formal shirt sticking out from the collar— this was an elite of some sort. She feigned the best gasp of desperation that she possibly could. "Th-Thank goodness..." she stammered, approaching the guard meekly.
"Don't try to fool me," the guard replied gruffly. "I saw you take something. Trying to take advantage of the chaos, are you?"
"A— A man came in here and started smashing everything," Monique continued. "I tried to run, b-but... my necklace got torn off and I— oh, I couldn't bear to lose it..." On the surface, she was a wreck, but in her mind she was simply amused that trying to feign tears so often made real ones appear.
"Let me see it," the guard said. "To see if you're telling the truth." Monique nodded, taking off the necklace and showing it to him. The guard raised an eyebrow as he gazed at it. "Well... I haven't seen something like that here before, so I believe you. For now."
"Th-thank you..." Monique laid a hand on his armored shoulder while she put the necklace back on with another, tucking it away again. "I was so sca—"
"But how will you explain the fact that you're dressed for combat?!" the guard snarled, suddenly grabbing her. "What are you and your friend out there after, huh?!"
"I— I-," Monique stammered. It was time for some blatant hogwash. "They, um, they called themselves 'Friends of the Prince', and they— they said something was going to happen, and..." She noticed the gigantic jewel in the knocked-over display again, and thought of something. "The man who attacked me, I— I think he was trying to steal that." She pointed at the sapphire with Ulan's eels engraved in it.
"This?" the guard let go of Monique, turning around and making his way over to the orb, examining it as he set it upright. "Then why didn't he take—"
A hundred thousand Gold's worth of wine smashed into the guard's head, and Monique murmured "Sorry" as the hilt of her sword followed, knocking him out. Hoping that the piles of extravagant junk everywhere would be enough to hide the body until its owner awoke, she ran back down the hallway to the main room.
"... THE HELL IS THAT?" The yell belonged to the person with whom Monique had spoken earlier. Figuring that it was probably a good time to make her way outside with everyone else, Monique brought her scarf back down into a cape and made her way down that stairs that she'd been running up just a moment ago. Soon enough, her horned lizard Eisen was moving alongside her— the spirit animal's speed when in dire circumstances always surprised her. Eisen was normally fairly sluggish, especially between movements, but he could keep up with his summoner's run when the circumstances called for it.
Through the door, out into the day, the grass swaying as it had been all week, the same way as if a storm was going to arrive any moment now. What now? Monique thought. Eisen seemed to think the same as he paced in tight circles: it was always harder to get going again once he had stopped moving, so doing that often took less energy than stopping and starting up again. It also gave him the ability to take in everything around him, his peripheral vision being nothing special if not downright bad.

((Meatpost out of nowhere. SURPRISE? http://i.imgur.com/u70wU5t.png Sorry, couldn't resist. I figured that you have plot intended, so I figured in turn that I'd just get buttergirl back into the main group while providing some intrigue. Posting this means that all the events in this post happened very fast, and I emphasised that by including Tan McKee's WHATTHEHELL near the end))

--------------------
PM
^
Bobosmith
 Posted: May 23 2014, 06:52 PM
Quote Post

Passion is life
Group Icon

Donate

As the visitors all stumbled throughout, armed men on horses-Clydesdale, to be specific, which were naturally in the Ulanian wild, were albsolutely parading through town-news travels extremely fast. Buildings seen in the distance were all blocked by soldiers, including a small temple-like structure, where the Port Orb was held. It seemed the city was suddenly in the midst of war. In addition, though the port could not be seen, almost every single one in Ulan was about to be under heavy lockdown for travel-they were going to try to stop the killer, by barring any means of escape.

Some guards were coming out of the castle along with the crowd, trying to sort the situation. Some people were just screaming, some were whispering, others were confused. Some wanted to charge right back in there, but the guards disallowed it.

The tan man huffed, thinking, turning to Monique, just happening to see her. "You saw what happened, right?"

Meanwhile, a bronze sword and also a steel knife was placed on the solider Phyrox was looking for, the guard's cries were much nearby, the wolf slaughtering them.

--------------------

PM
^
Sqawl
 Posted: May 23 2014, 09:08 PM
Quote Post

Group Icon

Donate

"Yeah," Monique replied with both shock and annoyance in her voice. The town was calm as could be just that morning, but it seemed as though it had always been chaotic now. Again, façades were at work: the guards rushed to keep an image of control, swarming everywhere like bees... but the likely reality was that they were having quite a bit of trouble containing the prince's attacker if they had to go to such lengths.
"They aren't letting anyone out," Monique observed, panicking. Knowing that she would inevitably be found out for the mischief that she had caused in the castle's VIP lounge as soon as that elite guardsman came to, she needed to get out of here. The whole place being clogged with soldiers and making escape virtually impossible, there was still something that she could try: open the routes again by neutralising the spectral wolf. Its summoner was nowhere to be seen, but maybe his familiar being temporarily offed would ease the tension— and provide a clue where he was if he summoned it again.
She muttered a command to Eisen— a single word and the tone that accompanied it was all she needed to convey meaning. The lizard answered "heh", a characteristic growl that sounded like the beginning of a laugh, and stopped circling, making his way toward the wolf. Monique followed some distance away, stopping where the guards became so dense that they would not let anyone in the castle, cautiously keeping an eye on both Eisen and the tan man, who seemed friendly enough and was her best bet for an ally at the moment.
Slipping between the armored boots everywhere, Eisen finally reached the clearing in the chaos where a bevy of soldiers were circling the uncanny wolf... and then did something very uncharacteristic. Just short of the foreboding aura emanating from the wolf, he stopped, recoiling back and hissing as if surprised. The horned lizard would normally always charge with total confidence in his armored hide.
Something occurred to Monique... Dammit; that's right, she thought, recalling the reäctions of other peoples' spirit animals to the wolf earlier which she'd barely noticed as she went to... hunt for treasure? Find fortune and glory in a castle that was on full alert? Frustration rose in her as she realised that most of her actions today hadn't exactly been the smartest ones to take. Meanwhile, Eisen reared back, turning around just in time for a guard to trip over him, cursing loudly. The soldiers were probably having so much trouble because their own spirit animals were scared themselves. The cost of this knowledge, of course, was that she was likely to be labeled a conspirator by the paranoid soldiers... at the very least, if they knew that she was Eisen's summoner. Only if she was lucky would she not be declared as a criminal throughout Ulan by the time this ordeal was over.

((ı can already see myself starting to post way too much, so waiting for everyone else to post before posting again probably *stabbed*.))

--------------------
PM
^
 Posted: May 25 2014, 01:14 PM
Quote Post

Group Icon

Donate

Eren took in the view, chaos everywhere and the guards stumbling over themselves...

...slinging his lute behind his back, he let out a tiny sigh of relief as he didn't have to play his instrument. Not too soon after, a Clydesdale horse made itself apparent in front of him and was rearing up as if it was going to attack. But before it could move, Eren had Jessep at the ready and made the bird's razor-sharp beak pierce the skin of its buttocks. This, of course took away the attention of the animal and Eren had escaped the stage. Through all the chaos, Eren made his way into the castle, concerned soldiers shoving past him to try and find the summoner of the wolf. Eren wasn't concerned with that, he was concerned with getting the hell out of here. Making his way to the backside of the castle, he was met only with a locked wrought-iron gate with 2 guards on both sides.
"What the hell is happening here?" Eren said, obviously irritated.
His question was met with an adolescent, and cracking voice
"Sir... we cannot let you," said the guard, taking a breath "through, we're blocking the summoner from getting away"
Eren gave a repugnant look to the guard before walking back into the castle.

"That was useless," Eren muttered to himself, brushing his teal hair out of his face before turning to the bird perched on his shoulder "Why does the guard let people that young even enlist?! Ah well."
Out of the corner of his eye, he caught a glimpse of a room with only a couple of beds and a leather chest-plate and a sheathed steel knife. Looking both ways down the hallway he was in, he decided to take the armor and weapon for himself.
This oughta come in handy I guess Eren thought, adjusting the straps on the chest-plate to fit him and attaching the sheathed blade to his belt.

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Shamison
 Posted: May 26 2014, 12:47 AM
Quote Post

Vanguard
Group Icon

Donate

Phyrox snatched up the weapons and thought What can I do that would be completely unexpected? Aha! Phyrox noticed spirit animals being incapacitated when near the wolf so he desummoned his actual spirit animal and charged the beast with a weapon in each hand.

--------------------

PMEmail Poster
^
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic OptionsPages: (4) 1 2 3 ... Last » Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll