The Emblem Brigade



Latest Shouts In The Shoutbox -- View The Shoutbox · Rules -  


Pages: (6) 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last » ( Go to first unread post ) Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> The Oncoming Storm
Stef'ren
 Posted: Dec 13 2015, 03:38 PM
Quote Post


Knockoff Stefan
Group Icon

Group: Supergeneric
Posts: 741
Gold: 12,199
Member Inventory: View

Donate
Member No.: 11
Joined: 8-August 09







Awards: None


Flight's freedom. A clumsy yet quiet landing in a field of crops. A cold, constricting feeling. A short walk to Delbrae.

A cloaked teen approaches the tavern from the northwest, his uneven steps giving the impression of a drunkard.
I am... Still not entirely used to transformation. I wonder if I ever will be?
Lost in his mind, he doesn't quite notice the scene unfolding before him until he walks right into it, or rather, into one of the many who've crowded around it. He grunts at the unexpected roadblock, the roadblock grunts back at him, and Mireu finally realizes a rather unseemly event has begun to unfold before his eyes. A woman with a rather large pack seems to have collapsed, and a rather imposing group of fellows (and an exhausted looking priest) stand around her, trying to help. A short incantation later, and the woman seems to have begun the process of healing.

Something about this situation seems very, VERY wrong. Two rather distinct smells permeate from the center of the crowd, and his eye is quite quickly drawn to their source: the brown-haired man and the collapsed woman in the center. Mireu's look of concern quickly changes to that of a disgusted grimace. His fist clenches around a rather peculiar looking stone in his pocket, and it's cold exterior slowly lets loose a beautiful but faint warmth, greatly in contrast with his unkind thoughts.

Ugh, the stench of Branded.

--------------------
#DRAGONSQUADshasha

QUOTE ( Ryru)

    If you train your already good sense of proportion and get a better sense of shading and coloring... ...you really have great odds of being the next great customer around this forums and even FEND, congrats. user posted image
PM
^
Aznor
 Posted: Dec 13 2015, 04:07 PM
Quote Post


Such member
Group Icon

Group: Wolf
Posts: 484
Gold: 1,850
Member Inventory: View

Donate
Member No.: 352
Joined: 31-December 12







Awards: 1



Theodore was so much lost in thought by the lion laguz's suggestions that he was startled when Grants left in a clamor. He ran to see what was going on outside. Being as tall as he was, the smith was able to see that the strange young lady had collapsed and Kane and a old man was trying to help her. Wanting to dissipate the tension he strode in next to Grants, and wagged his finger. "Now what were you kids doing, back flips?" He asked jokingly to Kane. I've collapsed enough times from exhaustion and she doesn't look as near as dead as I looked she looks though, plus she's got a healer, she'll be fine. He thought to himself.

"Barkeep! Clear a room, looks like you're going to have an occupant for the night!" He shouted to the owner. He looked at the old priest who had helped the young lady and he looked as if he was about to pass out himself. "Make that two beds barkeep!" He then motioned to the priest. "Please sir, come and take a bed, you need to rest. Grants, you should get the girl."
PMEmail Poster
^
 Posted: Dec 13 2015, 04:15 PM
Quote Post


The Original
Group Icon

Group: The True Dath
Posts: 4,994
Gold: 6,550
Member Inventory: View

Donate
Member No.: 9
Joined: 8-August 09







Awards: 6



That's most unkind, sir. One cannot choose his heritage, no more than you chose to be a Laguz. Kane thought over the sending stone, as he held onto it in his hand.

"Now, now. We were just talking." Kane said, to Teddy.

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Stef'ren
 Posted: Dec 13 2015, 07:46 PM
Quote Post


Knockoff Stefan
Group Icon

Group: Supergeneric
Posts: 741
Gold: 12,199
Member Inventory: View

Donate
Member No.: 11
Joined: 8-August 09







Awards: None


Kane's 'words' resonate through Mireu's mind.
"Wha--?!"
He gasps, and takes a step back as if to brace himself. A few from the crowd shoot quizzical glances at him. Mireu looks down at his feet embarrassed, takes a deep breath, and composes himself. He softens his grip upon the stone.
I...apologize, Branded, I was unaware of our shared uses of this... system, could you say?
He covers his mouth, shifting into a stance becoming of one wracking their brain on a perplexing situation.
How did you come across one of these crystals? Are you of Dragons?
He now looks in the direction from whence he came, as if to confirm his assertion with a party yet to arrive.

--------------------
#DRAGONSQUADshasha

QUOTE ( Ryru)

    If you train your already good sense of proportion and get a better sense of shading and coloring... ...you really have great odds of being the next great customer around this forums and even FEND, congrats. user posted image
PM
^
 Posted: Dec 13 2015, 07:53 PM
Quote Post


The Original
Group Icon

Group: The True Dath
Posts: 4,994
Gold: 6,550
Member Inventory: View

Donate
Member No.: 9
Joined: 8-August 09







Awards: 6



"Now that's something. A dragon who had no idea of sending stones." Kane muttered to himself, as he held the stone in his hand.

It is no worry. As long as you hold that stone in your hand, we'll be able to communicate in such a way. Sending stones are spiritually linked to one another, allowing the two or more holders to communicate through space. I am surprised you did not know this; I received my stone from your kind, in Goldoa.


--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Stef'ren
 Posted: Dec 13 2015, 08:13 PM
Quote Post


Knockoff Stefan
Group Icon

Group: Supergeneric
Posts: 741
Gold: 12,199
Member Inventory: View

Donate
Member No.: 11
Joined: 8-August 09







Awards: None


Mireu grits his teeth and grumbles some expletive or another under his breath. His compatriot, which had introduced him to these magical artifacts had failed to mention this rather important fact.
Mm. I suppose thanks are in order. Your candor is most becoming, sir--

Quite a few confused gazes have shifted to Mireu, thanks to the rather odd display he is putting on. He is painfully aware of this.
This is most unbecoming of one such of myself.
Your name can wait for a short while longer. Shall we continue this conversation inside, face to face? Once who I assume is your compatriot has recovered enough to move, of course..

--------------------
#DRAGONSQUADshasha

QUOTE ( Ryru)

    If you train your already good sense of proportion and get a better sense of shading and coloring... ...you really have great odds of being the next great customer around this forums and even FEND, congrats. user posted image
PM
^
 Posted: Dec 13 2015, 08:18 PM
Quote Post


The Original
Group Icon

Group: The True Dath
Posts: 4,994
Gold: 6,550
Member Inventory: View

Donate
Member No.: 9
Joined: 8-August 09







Awards: 6



No worries. And I just met her. She'll be fine. I've got a table inside, meet you there. Kane thought, as he let go of the sending stone and put it in his pocket. He walked inside and sat down at a table.

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Kawaii Seoul
 Posted: Dec 14 2015, 02:49 AM
Quote Post


not a weeb cus im azn
Group Icon

Group: Witch
Posts: 771
Gold: 100,523,200
Member Inventory: View

Donate
Member No.: 575
Joined: 20-June 14







Awards: 2



"...Ugh." Sounds come from my mouth without the urging of my brain. The last thing I remembered was that without any fuel in my stomach, I couldn't stand or keep my eyes open anymore, and I landed on a rather hard bed in the middle of the wood. Wait, bed, in the middle of the wood? What?

I quickly pick myself up in a frenzy from the bed, making sure that my clothes are still intact. Oh, thank goodness. I was worried that in my unconsciousness, someone would have undressed me and found the brand on my back. I wasn't worried about anyone going any further, since no human or sub-human in their right mind would want to touch this contaminated body of mine anyways, and my brothers and sisters have proven themselves to be the moral and reliable types. The revelation that I was branded, however, would cost me quite a lot more than my chastity, especially at this time. It's only once I've confirmed that nobody had undressed me while I was unconscious that I finally take note of the setting I'm in - a plain looking room, sitting on a rock-hard bed, my workshop in my sight in the far corner, and beside what was probably a human priest, sleeping in a seat next to my bed.

He must have been the one who healed me. It's strange, this artificial sensation of energy. I suppose magic really can work miracles, aside from its usage in trivial destruction which I had little talent in since childhood. Yet I never really believed those silly priests in their silly white robes actually had any power aside from giving sermons and convincing peasants into believing a cruel and false goddess. Perhaps I should have studied harder as a child, though the instant I recalled the ancient texts I'd been shoved in my face my eyes became heavy once more. I suppose this human may not be all that bad. I wanted to wake him up and thank him, but my instinct told me to let him rest. Besides, it wouldn't do to reveal anything important by accident to this stranger. After all, he doesn't know what I really am. I'm sure if he knew, he'd betray me just like all the others have.

Then, a loud grumbling returns. Turns out magic wasn't so miraculous after all, because though I could feel my muscles and probably walk again, the void in my stomach would just not shut up.

--------------------
user posted image
user posted image
PM
^
Shamison
 Posted: Dec 14 2015, 03:18 PM
Quote Post


Vanguard
Group Icon

Group: Summoner
Posts: 1,781
Gold: 475,222
Member Inventory: View

Donate
Member No.: 460
Joined: 18-June 13







Awards: 5



After recieving his food, Clyde headed over to the nearest table. After sitting down he realized that a large commotion had been going on and asked the nearest person what had happened.

--------------------


ABUSED FOR SELLING COOKIES!
PMEmail Poster
^
Aznor
 Posted: Dec 14 2015, 05:31 PM
Quote Post


Such member
Group Icon

Group: Wolf
Posts: 484
Gold: 1,850
Member Inventory: View

Donate
Member No.: 352
Joined: 31-December 12







Awards: 1



Teddy walked away from the room that he had rented for the girl that had collapsed and the priest. He had used the last of his money for that room. He sighed. Atleast my conscious won't keep me up at night. He thought to himself jokingly. The smith was then approached by a young man who asked him what had happened. "Hmm? A woman collapsed and a priest came to the rescue." Teddy said nonchalantly. Then realized that there was a pegasus in the inn and took a step back and instinctively put his hand on his belt loop for his axe. This is bad. The man in the purple armor thought to himself. "Pray tell, whats a member of the Holy Guard doing here?" He axed asked, visibly nervous.
PMEmail Poster
^
Shamison
 Posted: Dec 14 2015, 08:41 PM
Quote Post


Vanguard
Group Icon

Group: Summoner
Posts: 1,781
Gold: 475,222
Member Inventory: View

Donate
Member No.: 460
Joined: 18-June 13







Awards: 5



" At ease soldier. I am no longer apart of the Holy Guard. I left for personal reasons," Clyde responded. "But thank you for the information as I missed out on the events as I was ordering a meal."

--------------------


ABUSED FOR SELLING COOKIES!
PMEmail Poster
^
Aznor
 Posted: Dec 14 2015, 10:08 PM
Quote Post


Such member
Group Icon

Group: Wolf
Posts: 484
Gold: 1,850
Member Inventory: View

Donate
Member No.: 352
Joined: 31-December 12







Awards: 1



A wave a relief surged through Teddy and he relaxed almost immediately. The smith then smiled. "Oh, I'm no soldier, good sir. I'm just a smith on the ru-" He caught himself. "R-road, I mean road." He stuttered. Wanting to quickly change the topic of conversation he pointed at the former Holy Guard's mount. "I'm surprised you were able to bring him in. Does he have a name?" Nice save Teddy, but you really should start watching who you tell your a bloody fugitive too! Not everyone will be as moved by my story once they know I'm a penniless oaf. The smith nagged to himself mentally.
PMEmail Poster
^
Stef'ren
 Posted: Dec 16 2015, 06:17 PM
Quote Post


Knockoff Stefan
Group Icon

Group: Supergeneric
Posts: 741
Gold: 12,199
Member Inventory: View

Donate
Member No.: 11
Joined: 8-August 09







Awards: None


Before entering the tavern, Mireu stalls.
It seems I may have lucked upon a rather exceptional person.
He takes a deep breath, and walks through the door with a giddiness.. only to walk right into a pegasus, which gives a huff, and shifts itself slightly. Confused, Mireu squints and then rubs his eyes, then shrugs. Stranger things have happened to him in his 150 years.

Mireu surveys the room for a short moment, and sees Kane in a quieter corner, sitting. He makes his way to him, and takes the chair across from him at the table. He takes down his cloak's hood, and give a disarming smile.

"Perhaps we should introduce ourselves, now that we speak in person."

--------------------
#DRAGONSQUADshasha

QUOTE ( Ryru)

    If you train your already good sense of proportion and get a better sense of shading and coloring... ...you really have great odds of being the next great customer around this forums and even FEND, congrats. user posted image
PM
^
 Posted: Dec 16 2015, 06:30 PM
Quote Post


The Original
Group Icon

Group: The True Dath
Posts: 4,994
Gold: 6,550
Member Inventory: View

Donate
Member No.: 9
Joined: 8-August 09







Awards: 6



Kane watched the stranger approach.

"Absolutely. My name is Kanon, but you may call me Kane." He said, as he held out his arm for a handshake.

"What brings such a distinguished visitor from so far away to our small town?"

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Stef'ren
 Posted: Dec 16 2015, 06:56 PM
Quote Post


Knockoff Stefan
Group Icon

Group: Supergeneric
Posts: 741
Gold: 12,199
Member Inventory: View

Donate
Member No.: 11
Joined: 8-August 09







Awards: None


Mireu accepts his hand, and gives a brief and polite shake.
"I am known as Mireu."

He leans forward in his seat, his elbows propping him up.
"I suppose you could say I am here on matters of diplomatic import."

He shifts his head to the side.
"What of yourself? Surely you know your kind congregates to the south. What binds you to this town?"

--------------------
#DRAGONSQUADshasha

QUOTE ( Ryru)

    If you train your already good sense of proportion and get a better sense of shading and coloring... ...you really have great odds of being the next great customer around this forums and even FEND, congrats. user posted image
PM
^
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic OptionsPages: (6) 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last » Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll