not a weeb cus im azn
Group Icon

Group: Witch
Gold: 100,523,250
Member Inventory: View

Donate
Member No.: 575

Awards: 2

So I wanted to get another discussion on gay rights, gay people, and jazz going on again, since the last is 3 years old and also locked by a former admin. It's a <overly> sensitive topic, to be sure, but I love controversy and offending people, so come at me.

I think being gay's cool. I mean, granted if you were my friend and gay, I'd make fun of you like hell for it so long as you're cool about my incessant teasing (fgt me), which I'll do to anyone and everyone for the pettiest reasons, and I'd stop if there was a point that legitimately bothered you aside from naive sensitivity (of which, I don't need naively sensitive friends anyways).

Though I don't really like it when gays are uh, super open about their identities. Like, cool, your sexual preferences make you unique in this sea of hetero conformists, but don't shove your identity into my face, the same way I don't want star wars to be shoved in my face by fanatical nerds. Keep it in moderation, especially when you're outside, and for the love of God (lol) please do not make a scene just cause you're different, or ask for attention because you're "special."

My dear mother's motto regarding homosexuals was this: As long as you keep it in the bedroom, it's alright with me. I really love this motto, and I think it holds a ton of merit. But honestly, this applies to straight couples as well. I think PDA of any kind is gross and superificial too, so yeah.

My best friend's a lesbian though. We went to church together. Ah, fun times. Sometimes, she'd text me about her sexual adventures, but it's okay because she's a my bestie :^)

Also, I really wanted to post this in Denning's thread: "Isn't it convenient that the bible doesn't say anything in direct confrontation to pedophilia?"

--------------------
user posted image
user posted image
PM
^
 Posted: Dec 14 2015, 08:36 PM
Quote Post

BRELOOM IS LOVE. BRELOOM IS LIFE
Group Icon

Group: Postmaster
Gold: 22,425

Donate
Member No.: 68

Awards: 9

This thread is soooooo gay

I used to have issues due to how I was raised but as I hit high school I changed my views.

I agree with the PDA thing to an extent, I mean perhaps a little is okay but an excessive amount seems obnoxious but that is just a personal preference. Doing it for attention is dumb, but at the same time making sure the information is out there isn't a bad thing (I mean if you're hetero and homo you wanna let people know so they can/can't go after you relationship)

It can be a touchy subject, but honestly if someone isn't bothering you it shouldn't be an issue. If you don't believe in it that's fine; just don't pursue them yourself and don't shove your own beliefs on another person. This works for both sides.

--------------------
user posted image

user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image
user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image

user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image
user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image

user posted image
PM
^
 Posted: Dec 15 2015, 03:00 PM
Quote Post

Internet Psychologist
Group Icon

Group: Warrior
Gold: 850

Donate
Member No.: 53

Awards: 1

I never really had a problem with it. I was raised LDS but I had two aunts that were wonderful people. My dad's side of the family was much different than my heavy LDS mom's side. I think because I've seen both points of view that I am very open-minded when it really comes to anything like that.

Three girls I had crushes on at different points in high school were also apparently lesbian. So not only do I like and respect homosexuals, but I seem to be attracted to some of them as well. http://i.imgur.com/aJs9cWS.png

I did get to see the issue that just popped up with the LDS church though in a unique light, and I feel like it was blown out of proportion. The explanation was that the church values family more than anything else, so if you want to join the church at an age younger than 18, you can in certain cases if your parents agree with you that you can. Other than that, they are more concerned that joining the church at an age while living with homosexual parents will cause unnecessary conflict and strife in the home. Since the church values family above all else, it rather have the children respect their parents and at an age of 18 they can decide if they want to join the church.

My opinions on the LDS church and religion in general is a whole other matter. I'm more of a spiritual guy who feels that if religion, or the lack of a religion makes you a better person in general then there is no problem with it. That's a whole other mature discussion in general though.

(Helluva first post while visiting huh guys)?

--------------------
You may be richer than me, but my lawn(s) is(are) much more epic.
PMEmail Poster
^
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll